NordInvasion Forum
Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Legionnaire Shielding Skill (/showthread.php?tid=24943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Harlaus - 23-07-2014

In short to avoid wasting time

Quote:More dps than a zweihander
Only in your dreams, but sure.

Quote:one handed weapons are actually good
At expending several times more effort for no actual gain? I agree. Every legionnaire purist says "Do throwing then clean up with your fast one hander" and absolutely no one does because your throwing is trash, you're going to die quickly if you actually go out, and it's such a waste of effort when the nords all run into the shieldwall anyways. I'm honestly confused by you people, is the legionnaire actually good class just misused, or is it a bad class that needs a buff? You've said both and proved nothing, so i'll assume it's some coping mechanism. Don't worry, I'm sure a zweihander would be happy to drop his Eastern Katana for you.

Quote:give it 2601h prof or 200 throwing
Only the throwing actually does something. Everyone agrees that legionnaire needs something because its focus, one handed weapons, is garbage. Honestly. Legionnaire is slightly better than the other one handed hero classes because it gets throwing, but that's not saying much. Giving it cool flashy gear to make people actually want the class and not complain about it on the forums is the best bet, a garbage stat that's shined up is still garbage.

Quote:slash shielding
Was a gimmick temporarily used on crushthrough waves but replaced by cading off from them and ultimately made useless by removal of crush through waves because no one actually fought them but caded off from them. So sure, it's a cool gimmick, but it's still a gimmick.

Quote:. this could be similarly effective in NI but only if used correctly by experienced players who know when to hold their shield and when to "let it rip" and effectively stun lock the nearest enemies.
lol.

Quote:. Legionnaire is not a class designed for traditional cading but instead a mobile unit with versatility to backup every role.
So, exactly what the pikeman is? I can't think of a situation where a legionnaire would actually be better than a pikeman in game, ignoring these fantasy gods who never fail to block attacks as they solo thor's chosen with their laser one handers.

If legionnaire's are this opposed to being a decent class or can't admit their a bad class, I won't bother upsetting you any further, if you aren't doubting it, I concede. No class could ever approach the legionnaire in power, truly it is reserved for the gods of NI such as yourselves. Forgive me, a mere man, for thinking to oppose you.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Tsukiyomi - 24-07-2014

I don't see why you are so focused on trying to upset people due to their choice of class.  If a player preforms well why do you care so much?  Does it hurt your feelings if someone gets higher kills than you as a class you don't like?  It seems like you just personally don't like it (maybe never even used it so just speaking out of your ass) and don't want anyone else to like it.  What makes your opinion so much better than the rest of ours?  As far as DPS goes I don't see how you fail to understand.  Higher weapon proficiency give faster swing speed and higher damage.  This means with equal powerstrike and equal base weapon damage the one with higher proficiency will do more dps.  Perhaps if you could give factual information as to why it's so bad of a class instead of your opinion others would be more clear.  As far as I can tell from what you've said, zweihander is an even more useless class as it gets the least bonus to any ability.  Ohh boy a tiny bit of 2h skill which does (according to you) nothing.  Only benefit I can see is the ability to bring in something like the Legacy.  As it stand there are other slashing weapons that are more effective and usable by any commando.  While you may remain convinced of your superior opinions, I ask that you refrain from continuing to try and insult people who have chosen to use this class as it is quite effective. 

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Soviet - 24-07-2014

(24-07-2014, 01:13 AM)Susanoo link Wrote: I don't see why you are so focused on trying to upset people due to their choice of class.  If a player preforms well why do you care so much?  Does it hurt your feelings if someone gets higher kills than you as a class you don't like?  It seems like you just personally don't like it (maybe never even used it so just speaking out of your ass) and don't want anyone else to like it.  What makes your opinion so much better than the rest of ours?  As far as DPS goes I don't see how you fail to understand.  Higher weapon proficiency give faster swing speed and higher damage.  This means with equal powerstrike and equal base weapon damage the one with higher proficiency will do more dps.  Perhaps if you could give factual information as to why it's so bad of a class instead of your opinion others would be more clear.  As far as I can tell from what you've said, zweihander is an even more useless class as it gets the least bonus to any ability.  Ohh boy a tiny bit of 2h skill which does (according to you) nothing.  Only benefit I can see is the ability to bring in something like the Legacy.  As it stand there are other slashing weapons that are more effective and usable by any commando.  While you may remain convinced of your superior opinions, I ask that you refrain from continuing to try and insult people who have chosen to use this class as it is quite effective.
Thank you for all your help. I finally see the true path.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Mr.Peso - 24-07-2014

Sorry but trying to offend people because they like a class you don't seems a little pathetic. If you hate it, don't play it and everyone will be fine.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Sosruko - 24-07-2014

(23-07-2014, 10:14 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: I can't think of a situation where a legionnaire would actually be better than a pikeman in game.
I am not sure are you trolling here or not so just in case I answer. Perhaps the sole purpose of this mod, staying alive? Banging nords with HWH/Stone Maul also comes to mind, or shielding.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Weiner - 24-07-2014

(24-07-2014, 04:16 AM)Sosruko link Wrote: [quote author=Harlaus link=topic=28630.msg189003#msg189003 date=1406153688]I can't think of a situation where a legionnaire would actually be better than a pikeman in game.
I am not sure are you trolling here or not so just in case I answer. Perhaps the sole purpose of this mod, staying alive? Banging nords with HWH/Stone Maul also comes to mind, or shielding.
[/quote] i think he is referring to the pike/leg stats.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - clickeverywhere - 24-07-2014

I used to think the same as you when it came to the legionnaire, Harlaus. I think I even made a few posts about them like yours. But after playing commando repeatedly and on many many occasions reaching near the top of the scoreboard (top 4) and playing on servers with more commandos on them, I came to a different conclusion.

One-handed skill is one of the most important parts of playing commando especially if your team is good and knows to move forward as a group. A full shield wall advancing through the entryway on maps like Swadian Castle can make quick work of pure ranged waves. When moving out to clean up the ranged at the end of a wave, you don't want to be without a one-hander and shield. Though it is true that this task could be accomplished all the same with a team of Royal Guards and Zweihanders, the same could be said of shielding and slashing. I've actually come to see the Zweihander class as the least impressive commando hero because of this. Maybe I'd be of a different opinion if I brought in a Zweihander-only weapon, but I use a Durendal. Slashing enemies from behind the shield wall is the least difficult part of the wave and also the least annoying. Wouldn't it be more useful to have better one handed skill to deal with more the troublesome part of the wave? By which I mean the ranged portion that gets stuck outside.

Truth be told, it seems like the RG has an easier time with this because of the shielding bonus. When using a weapon such as the DWP, there doesn't seem to be a difference between number of hits required by  a Royal Guard and Legionnaire. A legionnaire-only weapon may prove to be different though. Adding to that, Royal Guards can block shots from angles that might hit a character who only has 8 shielding skill.

I'll agree that the legionnaire still needs a buff (preferably to one handed to make it really shine). As it is right now, it feels lackluster (though that may just be a result of my using the Dreaded War Pick). Personally I absolutely do not care about throwing ability. Throwing weapons would only take up a slot that could be used for another shield or for a two-hander (for some reason, players tend to forget that underneath the hero class there is still a commando). If the devs put all the points added to throwing into one handed, I'd be happy. One handed skill is only useless if you're the type of commando who AFK shields or only attacks bots who reach the shield wall. For the rest of us who do venture outside the shield wall, one-handed skill is invaluable.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Sosruko - 24-07-2014

(24-07-2014, 07:58 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Throwing weapons would only take up a slot that could be used for another shield or for a two-hander.
That's why VHTA is so good you get bonus against shield 1-hander with 55c with more length than Dragon Axe and also 25 ammo for 62c throwing in only 1 slot. Also the price is very affordable considering the usefulness.

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Winter - 24-07-2014

(24-07-2014, 07:58 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I've actually come to see the Zweihander class as the least impressive commando hero because of this.

Rude.  You can support your own class without bashing others, Click >.>

Re: Legionnaire Shielding Skill - Maroon - 24-07-2014

(24-07-2014, 05:44 PM)DrWhoCares link Wrote: He is a Zweihander.
I was a Zweihander.
Zweihander isn't that great.

It's a joke.