Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legionnaire Shielding Skill
Do not know if this is in the patch.  Would it be possible to buff the legionnaire shielding skill to 9 instead of 8?  We already shield more than doing basically anything else in hard or rag, and with one hander skill the higher shielding than the class with 2 hander skill would make sense.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Legionnaire can bring 1-handers that other classes can't, no need for a shield boost in my opinion.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
Which is better to pick up?  The illustrious or the DWP?  I would pick up the DWP every time and I a Legionnaire.  And like I said Legionnaires usually shield anyway in my experience. For example last time I went to the Trickster event i ended up shielding the whole game. I join a hard server 9 out of 10 times i end up shielding. and normal to just on normal there is a lot less time in the cades.

(08-07-2014, 02:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Which is better to pick up?  The illustrious or the DWP?  I would pick up the DWP every time and I a Legionnaire.  And like I said Legionnaires usually shield anyway in my experience. For example last time I went to the Trickster event i ended up shielding the whole game. I join a hard server 9 out of 10 times i end up shielding. and normal to just on normal there is a lot less time in the cades.
Solution: Respec into Royal Guard.
So your saying that there should be no legionnaires?  Its not just me who shields most of the time, all the legionnaires i know of shield most of the time when they are in a server.

You can shield, slash, throw and lure enemies with 1h/shield to the shield wall. That is called versatility and the idea of that hero class.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
Legionnaires are versatile, as Sosruko said. Best keep them that way. Just because you shielded in 9 out of 10 Hard runs, doesn't mean your class is just fit for that role, and needs a buff. Royal Guards shield, Zweihanders slash, and the Legionnaires fit into every role where it needs patching.
Since I am one of the only people who actually plays legionnaire often I feel I should reply to this.  A shield skill of 9 would be cool, however I don't feel it is really needed.  IMO the legionnaire needs a buff either to throwing, as currently this skill is almost useless on hard ( after wave 8 ) and is pretty much entirely useless on rag, or to athletics as this would be a huge benefit in the role of luring that has been discussed.  I see the legionnaire as a shock troop - able to throw well enough to break a few shields or kill/weaken a few nords as the wave comes and then use the marvelous 1h skill to finish off a few in front while retreating to the shield wall.  When the wave has neared it's end it is the job of the legionnaire ( and other inf ) to move forward as a unit and slaughter any stragglers or foolish archers.  As it stands the only "real" benefit to being legionnaire over royal guard or zwei is the ability to bring in better 1h weapons and, of course, to swing them a bit faster with a bit more damage ( Q if you are picking up DWP for legionnaire instead of Illustrious you are seriously missing out ).  I feel that with current stats the ability to throw as legionnaire is pretty much irrelevant once you have left normal mode.  Accuracy is too poor to hit very well and athletics are too low to effectively run away or back up while sword/shield fighting. 

The potential solutions ( as I see them ) would be to:
    A.) Buff throwing skill to allow more accurate shots while leaving power throw alone 
    B.) Buff athletics from 7 to 8 allowing the player to escape from danger and fight in melee more effectively.  This would also compensate for wearing heavy armor such as trans ( necessary on later hard waves and all of rag )
    C.) Add some legionnaire specific house crafted items other than swords.  Perhaps a light weight armor similar in stats to the Verloren Plate.  Also class specific throwing spears with a higher accuracy and/or higher ammo count ( since as legionnaire you commonly carry a 1h, shield, and possibly 2h for slashing leaving only 1 slot for throwing ).

Anyway this is the end of my long rant.  Hopefully this will be of some use and thank you for reading Smile
(08-07-2014, 05:24 PM)Suns link Wrote: Legionnaires are versatile, as Sosruko said. Best keep them that way. Just because you shielded in 9 out of 10 Hard runs, doesn't mean your class is just fit for that role, and needs a buff. Royal Guards shield, Zweihanders slash, and the Legionnaires fit into every role where it needs patching.

You want to try to talk about it?  Try playing it for a while. Same goes for the rest of you guys posting here.  Anyway  yesterday i was on normal mod and we got zweihanders.  I could not kill any with the Excalibur before they killed me, so try and say that it would be useful on hard or rag after that.

(09-07-2014, 02:38 AM)Sargent Q link Wrote: You want to try to talk about it?  Try playing it for a while. Same goes for the rest of you guys posting here.  Anyway  yesterday i was on normal mod and we got zweihanders.  I could not kill any with the Excalibur before they killed me, so try and say that it would be useful on hard or rag after that.

Careful of the fights you pick, Q...

(Sorry, big brother instinct kicking in here... Wink )

;D

That being said, I gotta agree with Q on DWP vs. Illustrius, having used DWP a lot, and Illustrius some, I would take DWP any day for the armor piercing capabilities.  Not being a Legionnaire myself, I'm going to shut my mouth about the rest of it Tongue
VM_Gazma_Swordmaster - lvl 52 Zweihander
VM_Gazma_Pikemaster - lvl 52 Pikeman
VM_Gazma_Bowmaster - lvl 52 Sentinel

Legendaries: AHAHAHAHAHA