NordInvasion Forum
Yarr! Map Updates! - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Yarr! Map Updates! (/showthread.php?tid=2151)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - alee56 - 07-10-2012

Now now guys think about this logically.

Think about how many legendaries have been dropped over the last few days, that must mean the devs tinkered with the drop chances. Now if we kept that drop chance and the old maps legendaries would become too common.

So either the drop chances would be nerfed again or nerf the maps, we already had really low chances so its the maps turn to get nerfed. Of course this would mean killing Odin would be that much harder but if the drop chances have actually increased like they seemed to have i would be okay with it because of the higher reward chance plus the increased challange to earn said reward

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - ~CM~Dragz - 07-10-2012

(07-10-2012, 02:26 PM)alee56 link Wrote:Now now guys think about this logically.

Think about how many legendaries have been dropped over the last few days, that must mean the devs tinkered with the drop chances. Now if we kept that drop chance and the old maps legendaries would become too common.

So either the drop chances would be nerfed again or nerf the maps, we already had really low chances so its the maps turn to get nerfed. Of course this would mean killing Odin would be that much harder but if the drop chances have actually increased like they seemed to have i would be okay with it because of the higher reward chance plus the increased challange to earn said reward

Youre right but HOW to kill Odin now? We mortal players dont wear Handes Armour and Sword or at least a transitional!

How to earn money when you loose at first waves in hardmode?

I recognized that many ppl got loots last days but why should ppl who never got anythin be punished for that?

Most ppl actually HAVE TO CAMP to get a shit while some ppl loot stuff at their first days.

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Carolus Rex - 07-10-2012

(07-10-2012, 02:26 PM)alee56 link Wrote:Now now guys think about this logically.

That's all nice and dandy, but getting past the first wave on hard is only possible if you have a good team as in you can't just join any random server and expect to get more then third wave. So the drop chances won't really matter if you can't even get to the first boss.

"AW YEAH! Half of the team died, including the shielders and we are on second wave now!"
"Ikr? And everything is better now that the drop rate for legendaries is 0,0001‰ higher then before!"
"Wicked!"

Just sayin'...

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Ryu - 07-10-2012

I like the map updates (yeah thats kinda strange) because of how these 3 maps made killing bosses too easy before. But those updates without giving some more playstyles other than camping will make the game too boring now. People was only playing the game because they had hopes for legendaries(like me), now it will become frustration because of endless dieing.

Actually i was seriously thinking to give up playing NI recently because of my strange bad luck of getting drops (its been a year, i saw prince, odin and thor dead many many times till now.... and still no legendary drops for me Sad ) and all those camping to eternity nonsense... Now i have more hopes that devs will add something juicy to improve gameplay. So i say lets give them some more time guys Smile.

Ofcourse if no new gameplay mechanics are on the way other than camping, then i guess it will be my time to leave. But i still have hopes, lets see what time will bring to us.

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Elite_Ozboz - 07-10-2012

Ok guys, i have tried the updated maps, and they aren't that bad, if the NI Team put in or make more maps then il still play it, it may come as a shock, as our best maps have been nerfed, but they arent all bad.

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Bas - 07-10-2012

(07-10-2012, 02:46 PM)Ryu link Wrote:I like the map updates (yeah thats kinda strange) because of how these 3 maps made killing bosses too easy before. But those updates without giving some more playstyles other than camping will make the game too boring now. People was only playing the game because they had hopes for legendaries(like me), now it will become frustration because of endless dieing.

Actually i was seriously thinking to give up playing NI recently because of my strange bad luck of getting drops (its been a year, i saw prince, odin and thor dead many many times till now.... and still no legendary drops for me Sad ) and all those camping to eternity nonsense... Now i have more hopes that devs will add something juicy to improve gameplay. So i say lets give them some more time guys Smile.

Ofcourse if no new gameplay mechanics are on the way other than camping, then i guess it will be my time to leave. But i still have hopes, lets see what time will bring to us.

Agreed, and also no drops for me yet  Sad.

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Sinister Soldier - 07-10-2012

Also agreed Ryu's comment, and also no drops for me yet..

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Tameless - 07-10-2012

just let them do there thing im sure its for the best

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - Dussan - 07-10-2012

I registered on the forum just to post some feedback from a houseless player with no higher lvl friends.

how are we who have no house tactics and no house friends be able to survive on these maps (updated) long enough to get loot ?, I know its possible but at lvl 15-20 its very very hard and random play doesn't allow good tactics unless someone brings cades / medics out of pure luck, so you basically are punishing the houseless low lvls ?, if so why ?, I like new map updates and new maps but this is just very hard for a low lvl playing with random players.

at least that's my view of these new map updates.

Re: Yarr! Map Updates! - NickyJ - 07-10-2012

(07-10-2012, 04:38 PM)Dussan link Wrote:I registered on the forum just to post some feedback from a houseless player with no higher lvl friends.

how are we who have no house tactics and no house friends be able to survive on these maps (updated) long enough to get loot ?, I know its possible but at lvl 15-20 its very very hard and random play doesn't allow good tactics unless someone brings cades / medics out of pure luck, so you basically are punishing the houseless low lvls ?, if so why ?, I like new map updates and new maps but this is just very hard for a low lvl playing with random players.

at least that's my view of these new map updates.
Attend official events. (Once they start again.) You don't have to be in a certain house to attend.