NordInvasion Forum
Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' (/showthread.php?tid=6985)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - Jalau - 31-01-2013

i do NOT mean the new guys, i personaly like new guys, i mean the guys which go afk for 10 minutes or destroy cades or kills the last 10 times etc.! Or how i told before guys which have 2 Royals and don't want to shield xD

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - clickeverywhere - 31-01-2013

The distinction between noobie and newbie is important to note.

As for that video of Thor... all I can say is wow.

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - evildan - 31-01-2013

(31-01-2013, 08:12 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:The distinction between noobie and newbie is important to note.

Does this mean the long awaited return of Clickeverywhere? Or is Dota 2 still in need of your services?

(31-01-2013, 09:37 AM)evildan link Wrote:[quote author=clickeverywhere link=topic=9467.msg77658#msg77658 date=1359619956]
The distinction between noobie and newbie is important to note.

Does this mean the long awaited return of Clickeverywhere? Or is Dota 2 still in need of your services?
[/quote]
Maybe it is xD

THOR has been defeated! Without a Barrel!

A bad news for you, see it for yourself:

As of this and this down here i think the Sniper wave will now drop Hurricanebows!

(29-01-2013, 10:11 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Drops

The new craftable materials that you will need to make the very best items in game now drop from waves which are prone to being barrelled by the community. As a disincentive to do so, we are building in a need to fight these enemies.

There are new legendaries that drop on Odin and legendaries that previously dropped on Odin now drop on Thor.

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - Tarimoth - 31-01-2013

(30-01-2013, 07:13 PM)Gismo link Wrote:We all know Thor got buffed, here is proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFHkbHw3UY&feature=youtu.be

Good lord he spits fire now?!

(31-01-2013, 12:08 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote:[quote author=Gismo link=topic=9467.msg77482#msg77482 date=1359573223]
We all know Thor got buffed, here is proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFHkbHw3UY&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]

Yes he has napalms Big Grin Everyhit with his hammer is like a Minibarrel, so you need archers and hold him on distance! Or Hypernoma xD

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - Yvain - 31-01-2013

(31-01-2013, 12:08 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote:[quote author=Gismo link=topic=9467.msg77482#msg77482 date=1359573223]
We all know Thor got buffed, here is proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFHkbHw3UY&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]

napalm ? Or there are now molotovs in his hammer...

But if increasing the difficulty was the main goal of theĀ  update (And I say : Excellent idea !), why not decrease the resurrection tome's power ?
Now I can see that :
without tome : Thor (almost) impossible
with tome : easy to barrel him (many barrels though !), possible to killl him at range.
isn't tome overpowered now ?!

(12-01-2013, 05:31 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: I always have been against more than 4 tomes (1 per boss respawn) per t4 medic. It makes no sense how the game is played now.

1- People spawn incredible amount of normal baricades and make crazy easy ways (3 stacks of normal cade, c'mon...) to block the nords from going up the stairs. It means 3 guys can spawn unlimited amount of cades each wave to go further than they would normally go just the 3 of them.

2- You end up with servers where only 1 guy has a royal shield and a cool 2h legendary. By the time they get to the first boss, everybody has a freaking royal shield and legendaries. Dexxta was the first to point out how too many legendaries in a server looks retarded and too much of fantasy.

3- With an abused way to use the tome, everybody (except if very unlucky) makes to Odin/Prince, where as before, only the ones that really deserved it (by their kill contribution or shielding) made it that far. Now you have redshirt that shouldn't be at end-game that loots legendaries that they can't even use for a month.

4- People don't even play safe anymore, if they die, no big deal, they get resurrected in no-time and die again, respawn again, etc... You end up with fucked up props and the game gets boring and too easy. People are standing, waiting for the people to make their 10 baricades, give royal shields and PoK / HWH to everyone, resurect their friends over and over. The worst is when the guy who contributes the most (shielder, slasher, sniper) isn't friend with the guy with the tome, when he dies it's funny and he didn't get resurrected, but we wait forever for the guy who's resurrecting his redshirt friend. Yes he's entitle to resurrected whoever he wants, but if the Tome was taken seriously and wasn't unlimited, I bet you would let your redshirt friend dead and rez the guy who,s really helping to make the team wins the map.

TL;DR ? Tome ruined NI, the end. It was too hard before, now with it it's too easy. Make up your mind what you want, but if you want it harder, Tome has to be balanced.

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - DutchLionzzz - 31-01-2013

maybe its an option to add a system where you can give assist xp to your other account.

it would be really nice if you guys could add it

Re: Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain' - ~CM~Dragz - 31-01-2013

(31-01-2013, 12:35 PM)themaste1 link Wrote:maybe its an option to add a system where you can give assist xp to your other account.

it would be really nice if you guys could add it

That would suck. Way too easy to lvl alts then.