Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release: 0.4.8 'No Pain, No Gain'
Dear Nordinvasion Community,

After many hours of slaving away, we are delighted to bring you a fairly meaty patch! We appreciate that this one is a bit bigger than normal but hopefully you'll understand why soon Wink

If you downloaded the patch before 1am GMT on Jan 30th then Please also download this hotfix!!

Advice on Downloading Patch

It has been brought to our attention that regional servers are now hosting some of our patches. Unfortunately, some of these servers are inconsistent when it comes to making sure they have the latest version on their server. It is therefor best, that you download the patch through us and save yourself from the potential headache.

Hard Mode Changes:

In order to make NordInvasion more of a challenge for players a rebalance of the difficulty has occurred. In hard mode, a general 20% increase in difficulty has occurred in what is essentially a complete rebuild of the mode.

The difficulty has also been scaled. What would have been the difficulty of Odin, is now the difficulty of Thor. Meaning that the difficulty of Odin has increased substantially. Concurrent with this (and we don't normally give you hints about this), the legendary items that would have dropped on Odin, now drop on Thor, and new legendary items now sit at the final boss. This will preserve the opportunities for new players to get the same gear as the older ones, whilst giving everyone something new to aim for.

Normal Mode Changes:
  • Prince Buffed.
  • Nord Repeaterman donator enemy Introduced.
  • Zweihanders will now bring more hurt, its high time people were afraid of them again.
  • Fionn mac Cumhaill donator enemy fixed.
  • And many more...

Items

We have introduced the second batch of items for House Crafting. These items are very powerful and each class has received something. They will be placed into the crafting options in the period after release.

A special thanks goes out to Ryu for his models, many of which have made it into this patch. You are a major asset to our community.

As mentioned previously, we have added many new high end legendary items for players of all classes to work for. Some of the new items are very expensive and will give players something very special to work towards; much like transitional was when it was first introduced.

Changes and Additions

We have also made several changes to existing items. This list is not exhaustive. All classes have gotten something very high end.
  • The Fell Edge has been buffed.
  • The Dreaded Warpick has been slightly buffed.
  • Eastern Katana buffed.
  • Tower Shield added.
  • New glaive weapons.
  • Hurricane Bow slightly buffed.
  • New mesh for Explosive Barrel, Construction Site & Construction Spawn.
  • Fiendish Bow has been slightly buffed.
  • Two new bows.
  • A new two-handed killing machine.
  • New high end body armours for Snipers, Crossbowmen, Commandos and Pikemen!
  • Three new high-end helmets for Crossbowmen.
  • A new set of armour for commando, the Defender Armour.
  • A full set of new Royal Scale Armour for Snipers.
  • Heraldic Transitional Armour.
  • New Crafting Materials.
  • Moar rangers!!
  • And so much more....

Drops

The new craftable materials that you will need to make the very best items in game now drop from waves which are prone to being barrelled by the community. As a disincentive to do so, we are building in a need to fight these enemies.

There are new legendaries that drop on Odin and legendaries that previously dropped on Odin now drop on Thor.

Website

We continue to upgrade the website, adding in new security features to fix exploits. This effort continues. We will continue to make changes in the period after release. Very soon there will be no more spying on crafting recipes that you do not have the required level to craft.

Administration Changes

As part of our major efforts to work on the website, we have added another developer to the NordInvasion team. Please welcome Naozumi to the community, he will be taking on the role of a second web developer and is a professional systems admin by day.

In the last week Sphinx has stepped up to take on the role of regional admin for North America, we wish him the best of luck.

Also in the last week, Gashy, Kip and Winter-bolt have been promoted to Game Admins for the North America region.

Server News

Due to the major influx of new players into the NordInvasion Community we are planning and budgeting to make sure that we can meet the increased demand. While it is obviously NEVER required to donate, your donations really do help and allow us expand and move forward with NordInvasion. All donations are appreciated so much.

Towards this aim we are rolling out increased server space very soon for the AU community..

[u]Coming Soon: A New Note about the Future

This patch will expand the game quite substantially and the content included within is quite a bit larger than with previous patches. However, this patch is the first part of our preparation for the 0.5.0 patch release. The 0.5.0 patch will be the largest release we will be rolling out since the the beginning of NI. It is our intention to fundamentally improve NI and give players more things to do. We are keeping our plans a secret for now but a new note about the future will be released, giving you guys a chance to see and comment on where we are going.

Love,

The NI Family
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Yes!
Striker strikes again.

Great job devs! Much love, thank you NI Family.
I can proudly say I was browsing the forum when the new patch was released... should I be proud?
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
NICE!
Just wow... i really do appreciate all your hard work. You know the meaning of making stuff rolling!
Wusel @ Omnia
Nice
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
WOHOO

Thanks all Devs!
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
I love you NI family Smile

Welcome to the new members of staff, Winter, Kip, Gashy, Naozumi... And many thanks for the new patch

Time to download (One hour...)

EDIT : And many thanks to Ryu for his awesome models and thanks for the new maps, I don't know who created them Wink
Thatsmybanana : Good job YunYun

[spoiler=Naughty Yuri]
[Image: 1B9EnSS.png]
[Image: yurii.png]
[Image: yuriiih.png]
[Image: yurij.png]
MOAR RANGERS
- Legendaries Found -
Wormbane - 30/12/2012
Twigs of Yggdrasil -11/01/2012
Dwarf Axe - 22/11/2016
Plated Over Leather - 24/11/2016