NordInvasion Forum
Rollback Incoming - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Rollback Incoming (/showthread.php?tid=890)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: Rollback Incoming - Emberburn - 31-01-2012

(31-01-2012, 03:15 AM)Jez link Wrote: The rollback has been completed, a large amount of the craftable/new items from 0.3.2 are not included currently, however they will be gradually re-introduced over the coming week(s). We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

That was quick. Thanks, Jez. Now I can finally play. Big Grin

Re: Rollback Incoming - Draennon - 31-01-2012

Oh my gawd... I lost a weekend of playtime!!!!111

Seriously, people... you need to sort your priorities (and I don't mean: get a life).

Yeah, I've lost about all my progress from that weekend, so what? To me that means, I lost like 40% of my progress. Well... shit happens. Sure, I was rather angry at it as well, but the reason is understandable. Yeah, it's the dev's fault for rushing the update (after all, Conqueror_Worm said himself, that the DB-work had to be rushed). Still, such mistakes do happen, and I am rather sure, none of them sat in fron of their comp (or wherever), laughing over our 'wasted' playtime.
Obviously none of you plays this game just for the fun of it. Why is it all about levels and items and gold as soon as a game provides such? Seems like all of you, who are raging about losing progress didn't play that game just to play it.

To the old players... hhow often did you have that happen since this mod was released? I guess, it was the first time. If it would happen like every few weeks, I would understand the anger... but like this?

It is about impossible to sort everyones items out manually, unless you get paid for it. And if you want to complain, that the devs don't do something like: tell us what you had and we will give it back to you - well, complain to the players who would take advantage of such a situation and claim to have stuff, they never had, not to the devs. If they would do such a thing, they would be bombed by requests of people, who claim to have had stuff, they never ever actually had. Thats just how it goes.
So they did the only rational thing: set everyone back to the last update. Which is farther back than i hoped but again.... shit happens.

I was looking forward to all that raging, because I knew it would happen. It always happens. And I hope, you devs don't let it get to you.

In this sense:
Lets enjoy playing this great mod and lets just hope, it never happens again like this.

Re: Rollback Incoming - MrGuarnere - 31-01-2012

Let's look at the facts people:
  • This is still a beta
  • People make mistakes
  • Sometimes there is no easy way to solve something, so a drastic measure needs to be taken
  • You can always get everything you had back by playing
  • The dev's have a life outside of this mod

We understand it is very frustrating to have been playing for a long time only to find your effort has been undone. There is no right way of returning the items/xp you lost back to you so saying what you lost and demanding it back won't make it happen.

As you can appreciate it is not an easy decision to make to restore a database and you must understand that if there was another way of fixing this then it would have been done.

The people who work on this work extremely hard to make sure everyone is happy and that we enjoy our time with the game, so seeing comments in the last few pages is a bit unfair. At the end of the day these guys have to make the decisions and make sure the mod keeps running.

The community for NI is very close knit so instead of quitting, giving up or ranting lets all stick it out, get back in the game, kill some Nords and generally kick ass! We all have fun (hopefully all) playing this game, so lets not lose that. And don't forget - when this mod is fully released and gets more popular you can say you were there at the beginning, shaping the game and making it happen.

MrG.

Re: Rollback Incoming - FinKone - 31-01-2012

So many people talking about enjoying the game to just play it but I was playing after rollback was stated (before it happened) and I didn't see any of you!!  Thats right, I went on a rampage on normal pretty much by myself, it was great.

Re: Rollback Incoming - MrGuarnere - 31-01-2012

I wasn't home really all weekend so didn't get a chance to play, nor did I see the notice until yesterday.

Re: Rollback Incoming - Kwal - 31-01-2012

Yay, I can play in my favorite armor again. Guess I'll have to be fast though

Re: Rollback Incoming - Hersir - 31-01-2012

wow  that hurt man . i lost 2oo.ooo xp that i got from grinder parties Smile . and eemmm i lost banded mail too (( .  it seems like dirt cheap xp is gone now . im totaly demoralized i want %200 xp events too Smile . cant you double coefficients for a while ? its very logical way of satisfying users .

Re: Rollback Incoming - IndiaQuinn - 31-01-2012

I have to be honest. Yesterday when I saw some of my weapons for crazy prices, I sold them. Knowing that it would be a glitch. Than I read the forum about the rollback. :-)
Yes. I have lost money and things. Shit happens. But I secretly for a moment also wanted to profit from the glitch... At least I have my weapons back. It's only a game. Don't make it a day job.

You know what really is a bummer? A primary hard disk crash and not making a back up. That is what happened to me last month. Apart from installing  a new disk and Windows again... loss of a lot of files. Stupid as I actually have 2 hard disks for data storage...Another reason to work in the cloud. Untill the cloud explodes. :-)

There have been many changes recently. I guess the devs felt they had to hurry up and that probably caused the database issue. It is understandable. I mean during the downtime and uploading, lots of people were asking when, when, when. It's a learning moment for the devs too.

I must admit, the many recent changes make the whole experience a bit unstable. Therefor, with the knowledge that things will change,  it is not unwise to adjust expectations when playing this game.

Re: Rollback Incoming - Simpli - 31-01-2012

I think i was rather spared from equipment lose, i only lost 7 lvls and 5400g which can be rather easily gathered again. But what really annoying is is the fact, that our house is currently empty expect for deathangle and me and we have to invite everyone again ( 5 people ).

Re: Rollback Incoming - Kwal - 31-01-2012

That which doesn't kill us...etc.