NordInvasion Forum
NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: NordInvasion Trailer Competition (/showthread.php?tid=11766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Maroon - 19-08-2013

(19-08-2013, 06:53 PM)PA_GeNf link Wrote: I invite you to tell me what I have to add/remove/change.

If you see it for the first time, would you want to play this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpocmwyWOIE

Thank you.

Wow, mate, that is awesome. I just see two issues with it.
1. (very minor) The story behind NI is that the war between Swadia and the Nords has been going on for so long that there is almost nothing left of Swadia's army, which kinda contradicts your opening, but that doesn't really matter.
2. For some reason, archers in your trailer use the old animation, which is not the default one in the mod.

Other than that, I think it's the best trailer I've seen so far (also the first without spelling errors ;D)

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Naozumi - 19-08-2013

(19-08-2013, 06:53 PM)PA_GeNf link Wrote: I invite you to tell me what I have to add/remove/change.

If you see it for the first time, would you want to play this game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpocmwyWOIE

Thank you.

I like it. Not so keen on the Nordic shout at the title and I'm not a fan of the way you fade in the background. Additionally the end seemed a little out of place, but I think if you stick with it and perhaps lengthen that section so that you see more from the first person as the Nord runs up and then kills you. Then the hit should come just as the music ends so that the second the axe kills you there's silence (and then you fall down).

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - GeNf - 19-08-2013

(19-08-2013, 07:01 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Wow, mate, that is awesome. I just see two issues with it.
1. (very minor) The story behind NI is that the war between Swadia and the Nords has been going on for so long that there is almost nothing left of Swadia's army, which kinda contradicts your opening, but that doesn't really matter.
2. For some reason, archers in your trailer use the old animation, which is not the default one in the mod.

Other than that, I think it's the best trailer I've seen so far (also the first without spelling errors ;D)

1. very minor as you said  Tongue
2. indeed. I'm playing with the old action mod which I prefer. I will change some scenes if devs ask. Good point.

(19-08-2013, 08:54 PM)Naozumi link Wrote: I like it. Not so keen on the Nordic shout at the title and I'm not a fan of the way you fade in the background. Additionally the end seemed a little out of place, but I think if you stick with it and perhaps lengthen that section so that you see more from the first person as the Nord runs up and then kills you. Then the hit should come just as the music ends so that the second the axe kills you there's silence (and then you fall down).

I'm pretty fan of the background transition. Let's see what others ppl think.
I will change the end to make matching the end of the music and when the bot hits me.

thank you for these first remarks.

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Handef_Snizel - 21-08-2013

Great trailer GeNf, I especially liked how you displayed the different class  Wink

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Slayer - 22-08-2013

I definitely like your trailer genf, i love the character set up, i love the music, i love how you have the footsteps going at the sound of the drums around the start, with the peaceful view of swadia, however some things that I don't like:

1) The sudden ending where the berserker randomly yells and you have an NI title, then it sort of feels that the trailer actually starts, hope you understand.

2) How at the end when you get hit by the axe, the music doesn't stop, it NEEDS to stop when you die, it just needs to.

3) Try to add more about the web page, all I saw was having 3 different types of crafting, people aren't really going to understand choose a blacksmith/alchemist etc, they don't even know there's a website and how it has a LARGE relevance to the game.

4) Attempt to show a tiny snippet of the forum to show there is a trading scheme.

Clip suggestion:

What I always thought would be cool would be a sniper shooting a barrel on the other side of the map in a large group of nords on a large map such as mountain pass, follow the arrow as it leaves the bow in reverse, slowly turn the camera before impacting the barrel, put it in slow motion and put your own flying arrow sound to it + explosion.

^^ I liked that idea from the start, but i'm just throwing suggestions at you.

Great trailer! Keep it up.

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - -Perception- - 22-08-2013

Epic suggestion Slayer, why not also add ragdoll effects to simulate the blast of the explosion, some elaborate gore effects and more extremely work-intensive shyt?

Apart from that, I would be disappointed when playing NI after watching that trailer and the barrels won't explode awesomely.
(slow motion arrows dont work as warband uses a different, extremely simplified mesh for flying arrows)

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - GeNf - 22-08-2013

(22-08-2013, 01:07 PM)Slayer link Wrote: I definitely like your trailer genf, i love the character set up, i love the music, i love how you have the footsteps going at the sound of the drums around the start, with the peaceful view of swadia, however some things that I don't like:

1) The sudden ending where the berserker randomly yells and you have an NI title, then it sort of feels that the trailer actually starts, hope you understand.  not really  ???

2) How at the end when you get hit by the axe, the music doesn't stop, it NEEDS to stop when you die, it just needs to. already noticed. I gonna change it

3) Try to add more about the web page, all I saw was having 3 different types of crafting, people aren't really going to understand choose a blacksmith/alchemist etc, they don't even know there's a website and how it has a LARGE relevance to the game. I'm thinking about it but I dont know how to properly introduce it

4) Attempt to show a tiny snippet of the forum to show there is a trading scheme. same problem then point 3.

Clip suggestion:

What I always thought would be cool would be a sniper shooting a barrel on the other side of the map in a large group of nords on a large map such as mountain pass, follow the arrow as it leaves the bow in reverse, slowly turn the camera before impacting the barrel, put it in slow motion and put your own flying arrow sound to it + explosion. I also had this idea but a bit complicated to do it.

^^ I liked that idea from the start, but i'm just throwing suggestions at you.

Great trailer! Keep it up.

Thank you for your suggestions. I need it.

My trailer - MrDrumlix - 23-08-2013

Here is my NEW Trailer Smile no mistakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=debD9zMkXc0

Re: My trailer - Maroon - 23-08-2013

(23-08-2013, 04:20 PM)MrDrumlix link Wrote: Here is my Trailer Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6p03UT786I

OK, spelling mistakes from start to end:
  • The Nords come*
  • Defend Swadia* or Defending Swadians*, depending on what you want to say.
  • Upgrade your Character*
  • Lots*

Re: NordInvasion Trailer Competition - Doctor_Death - 23-08-2013

(23-08-2013, 05:21 PM)MrDrumlix link Wrote: yes i know but i cant change Sad
You can´t win anymore. ;D