Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

cav mode- future discussion
Quote: link=topic=34134.msg203817#msg203817 date=1414092217]
My first idea how to improve cav would be first of all to add some loots to it. most people i keep begging to play cav, refuse cause they see the low xp and high time investment, with almost no drops.

I'd like to point out here that, while almost nothing significant has dropped yet, that does not mean there are no more drops to be had. I'm not saying there are, there might very well not be any more undiscovered legendaries, but who knows?

(23-10-2014, 10:16 PM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote: My main complaint overall would be the xp range.  I feel that on cav it should be extended to be map wide.  I'm sure the reason things aren't this way already is to prevent leechers.  I understand that but really don't think that it helps.  Going through a potentially 2+ hour cav run to only get 10k xp is almost laughable considering rag can now be done in ~45min and yields ~70-80k+ per run.   

Adding to this; leeching is pretty much impossible without dieing in cav mode. If you're standing still at spawn, there's not a shieldwall around to protect you. So map wide assist exp range would be nice, yes.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I would love it if you made the Assist xp range the whole map.  That might also solve some of the trouble with the running into one another, as one of the reason for wanting to be near people is to get any possible loots.  Also the drop rate for what drops are in Cav is low.  its not likely for even 1 eagle feather to drop on wave 20.  And some of the hardest guys to fight haven't dropped anything as far as I know.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

until cav starts dropping significant things such as legendaries but most importantly green mats, people will not waste the 3 or so hours it takes to complete the mode (and that's 3 or so hours of hard and careful gameplay)...on the flip side, winter has stated that cav mode has not been worked on this patch which is fair enough, the devs have produced a bloody awesome patch for the normal gamemodes. however, this does mean for the players that there is very little reason to grind cav unless it's for the fun off it (until we get a patch for cav mode)

i remember when the mode was first released and legendaries on it dropped like bloody crazy...but then they were removed again (something that may have put a few players off the mode). But while there was the loot chance, everyone was so excited to see the new tier of legendaries that were a possibility in the new mode. I guess that's all that the players want...they want to know there is a chance to loot before they'll spend there time on what is definitely, the longest and hardest game mode released to date.

so pl, buff cav loot like rag loot was a few weeks ago Tongue :p Tongue
Agree that cav needs to be nerf'd or more tomes/barrels allowed

- On a side note, how comes the normal attack with lances does not work, only couch lancing?
(23-10-2014, 11:32 PM)CC_Slyy link Wrote: Agree that cav needs to be nerf'd or more tomes/barrels allowed

- On a side note, how comes the normal attack with lances does not work, only couch lancing?
as winter said cav mode was mostly put aside this patch and lances were only couchable before this patch
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023819565/

Loots
Ancient Greatsword - 2015-08-27
Fang of Fenrir x2 - 2015-10-15 (within 30 seconds of eachother)
Volundr Greatsword - 2024-06-06
Ahh right, would love to be able to use the lances normally in the future.
After my team spent 2-3 hours getting to wave 20, killing the horse and the boss, and then getting no xp from either of them and no one getting a single green mat the entire run, we concluded that cav mode was pointless. It's only there for lessiure really.

Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
A lot of the content of this thread is still pretty relevant.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Cav is not going to be simply fixed by a nerf or buff. It will take a lot of thought to make it work properly.