Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasions Current Community
my feelings of pity for smaller children have been squashed by Hablam.
-1 Karma +5 relations. FO3 statistics wise.
(24-01-2014, 10:28 PM)Hablam link Wrote: [quote author=Renji link=topic=22207.msg162678#msg162678 date=1390542575]
We need more educated personnel, preferably 15+ due to my belief [...]
If I recall right Mount&Blade Warband is a PEGI 16 game, soooo... there souldn't be any kids around here anyways Tongue
[/quote]

I bet you every kid who sees this will do this:
"Everyone knows, deer has bad archery"
(23-01-2014, 11:45 AM)Shagz link Wrote: Just started playing a bit more and was wondering about the health of the community?
What do we need more of?
What do we need less of?
Etc etc (I think everyone should get the idea)

Here are a few things that would be helpful for the community:
1. More people who read the beginner guide (and other useful guides) in the strategies and tactics section of the forum. Have it show up when a person registers for the first time.
2. More players who actually exert themselves when playing the game, rather than doing the bare minimum. I like seeing people who give their best on runs. Oftentimes on servers all I see is wasted potential. A tier 4 archer should not have one kill for each wave on a hard server. Try harder and do your best to help the team.
3. Players who can think for themselves.
4. Players who can evaluate a situation and then determine the best course of action.
5. Players who pay attention in-game.
6. Players with a medium level of intelligence plus a willingness to employ a smidgen of this intelligence during the game.

Things we could do with less of:
1. Greedy players who refuse to fill the roles necessary for a successful run, despite being the only ones suitable for those roles.
2. Players who, despite not shielding or killing nords, refuse to play support roles.
3. Willfully ignorant players.
4. Players who lack awareness.
5. Players who cause teams to wipe.
6. Players who join hard servers naked and expect to be carried.
7. Tier 4s who bring in deployable shields, small ammo crates, or simple medic boxes.
8. Self-entitled players.

Maybe it's because I've been playing at certain hours of the night without organized teams, but my current view of the community has become very negative recently. It seems as if the ability of Nord Invasion players to stand around twiddling their thumbs has reached an all-time high. Maybe it's only because I have become accustomed to a certain level of efficiency and high success rate in my games. Playing in a non-event hard run is a headache and many of the players who join are more likely to be liabilities than anything of use.

I like helping other players. I like teaching people what I know. But there are those who become belligerent when asked to help the team. There are those who would prefer to bask in their ignorance than learn how they can aide the team. They go from leeching as redshirts on normal to leeching as tier 3s in hard mode. It's as if I can no longer expect players of this community to learn basic things such as "what wave contains what" , "always save last on spawn wave", "don't blow barrels for no good reason." I have to repeatedly type out tasks that others must do in order to have a successful public run. It's ridiculous. It shouldn't be necessary for me to instruct commandos on hard mode to shield instead of using a bow. Why should I have to tell archers to give Durendals to a commando who can slash? Spam healing should not be this century's greatest conundrum. This game is really ridiculously easy but somehow the players can make it so difficult. In this game, what we must overcome is not the might of the Nords, rather, it is the baffling stupidity of fellow players. Considering the piss-poor performances I've witnessed, it's no wonder that the Nords are kicking Swadia's ass.

/rant

P.S. Please tell newer players to read the beginners guide by Sphinx and (by  MadJosh's request) an Introduction to Hard Mode by EvilDan as well as the other various resources available on the forum before asking questions.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
dan's guide is better
They complement each other pretty well. Besides that.. I would love to see the balancing changes coming in soon, getting really tired of that endless (necessarily) cading before the endbosses ,whatever mode.

Also the current quality of the Community did drop , no doubt. But it is not only "their" fault, isn`t it also "our fault for not showing them the right way how to playing this mod like a real Knight ? Sure, there always will be those people who do not bother to learn and\or act in a proper way, showing no manners, beeing selfish at all. But this is only a small amount of players.

When was the last time you fell out from the behavioral patterns and just try to help those beginners, in an understanding way and not just signal them that you are the boss and know everything better than those "noobs" ?

i would give it a try, do not expect that if you do it one time the whole community change at once, but if even only one player considers for a moment to act differently, you were successfull.Same goes for the  handling of the forums atm.

(sometimes i really hate my lack of knowledge oft he English language, i hope i expressed my feelings there understandable Smile )
Wusel @ Omnia
(25-01-2014, 09:48 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [quote author=Shagz link=topic=22207.msg162520#msg162520 date=1390477534]
Just started playing a bit more and was wondering about the health of the community?
What do we need more of?
What do we need less of?
Etc etc (I think everyone should get the idea)

Here are a few things that would be helpful for the community:
1. More people who read the beginner guide (and other useful guides) in the strategies and tactics section of the forum. Have it show up when a person registers for the first time.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I was admin in some different guys and we used a read-find-out system.
It's a kind of text, where 3 or more words in it, which have no relation to the remaining text.
Then you need to regrister in the forum with this few words, which building a sentence.

For example:
Do not scam players or annoying juice.
The wrong word is juice.

I hope you have any idea, what i'm trying to explain  Smile