Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Support class progression
I've thought about this for a while, about what is the point of tinkerer when you choose the engineer support class, you cant bring in a cade or such , so heres my point.

the higher your support level the quicker it is to build cades, this would make a tinkerer worth it, maybe not by much, but at least your getting something out of it using the XP you gained.
I think this would be a really nice way, and would determine people to level there support classes more often.

Leave a comment (and subscribe)
Wallace Mormont: wtf
Wallace Mormont: you cant use same
Wallace Mormont: weapon
[Image: Untitled_zpspihatt24.jpg]

[Image: Pilums%20look%20so%20good_zps7eejolna.png]
(03-05-2015, 10:48 AM)Non-Political Proton link Wrote: I've thought about this for a while, about what is the point of tinkerer when you choose the engineer support class, you cant bring in a cade or such , so heres my point.

the higher your support level the quicker it is to build cades, this would make a tinkerer worth it, maybe not by much, but at least your getting something out of it using the XP you gained.
I think this would be a really nice way, and would determine people to level there support classes more often.

Leave a comment (and subscribe)
Actually I think the support class should be maxed up as soon as possible so I wouldn't expect anyone to remain on tinkerer level for too long. As such, it doesn't really make a difference what can and what can't be done while on this level. Levelling the support class is really quick, so no need to worry for low levels.
(03-05-2015, 01:05 PM)Bobo link Wrote: Actually I think the support class should be maxed up as soon as possible so I wouldn't expect anyone to remain on tinkerer level for too long. As such, it doesn't really make a difference what can and what can't be done while on this level. Levelling the support class is really quick, so no need to worry for low levels.

so why not remove this redundancy in its entirety?
Going Deep
Veterans could level their support class way too fast/much so they could simply throw Prefab Cades. This would simply lead to, in my eyes, quicker and easier runs for them.
(03-05-2015, 02:24 PM)Madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=Bobo link=topic=42975.msg229592#msg229592 date=1430658340]
Actually I think the support class should be maxed up as soon as possible so I wouldn't expect anyone to remain on tinkerer level for too long. As such, it doesn't really make a difference what can and what can't be done while on this level. Levelling the support class is really quick, so no need to worry for low levels.

so why not remove this redundancy in its entirety?
[/quote]
True, this could be done. However if the goal (next level) looks closer (requires less assist xp) it seems more attainable and that may motivate some ppl. So maybe even a level doesn't actually improve anything is needed. And it may also be reserved for future use in case some new support items would be introduced...
Well for medkits the higher tier ones do deploy faster don't know about cades anymore but MSK are a lot faster that others. But if the cades dont build faster its a cool idea
But the med kits deploy faster based on their speed.  Not the support class of the person using them.

I do not support this idea.  I don't want people saying they can't heal because they are a Engineer, or people saying that they cannot place cades because they are medics.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(06-05-2015, 02:14 AM)Sargent Q link Wrote: But the med kits deploy faster based on their speed.  Not the support class of the person using them.

I do not support this idea.  I don't want people saying they can't heal because they are a Engineer, or people saying that they cannot place cades because they are medics.

I think Q, he refers to, besides the only advantage of leveling up the support class, besides bringing in better support items, is that, depending in your tier, you can do deploy or use things, of your own faction, better/faster, that don't necesary means that, if you are engineer, can't heal, or viceversa.

I find it quite interesting, yet not neccesary, as we do have lot of time in the end of every wave.
|| My Steam ||
[Image: YNqPp8t.png]
I know.  And that's what i don't like.  I have seen more times than i can count people not want to do anything with their support when they bring it in.  What I don't want to see is people claiming they have another excuse not to use support items.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q