Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
Exactly, I think it is unfair for kiting to be destroyed as a lot of the players enjoy doing it. And yes Hidden Cave has had a buff but others should not get destroyed just because they make another one better. Maybe some more maps should be added or something like that, maybe a server or 2 could be dedicated for people to kite on. I see the Manual blocking server with 0 people whenever I look and I think that is  a waste. Just another thought that I had. Smile
"I'm the DB Captain I deserve a spot in events" - Faravin 2k16

"I am training my biceps, my finger biceps" - Faravin 2k16

Legendary Drops:

Jormungandr - 29th September 2014
Barbutte With Coif -  9th October 2014
Quote: link=topic=24687.msg181341#msg181341 date=1401858221]
Still old village was the best one ....2 or 3 days ago 3 people including myself, made it to wave 17 on ragnarok and we could have gone for Odin, if we had saved a bit longer on Thor, to spawn in another barrel
Indeed, but gotta be honest here, did you really expect that map to stay much longer? I knew it's getting updated soon as it's really kind of map abusing, by hoping over a wall. Making it way too easy, tho ranged coming from both sides was still kind of a challenge to not be so easy map afther all but still...

But gotta agree on one thing, they did make a nice update on that map for cading style.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 363
Thor Kills: 332
Odin Kills: 261
Prince Kills: 402
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
I tried to kite hard on Old Village before the updates. I got murdered by the assassins because the ranged stayed on both sides. On city the day before I got up to juggs alone without barreling assassins.  It is still possible to kite several maps, City, Outskirts, Hamlet, Overgrown, Bastion, Hyper's hell actually can to, Hidden Cave, Kings Reach, Great Hall, and Village all come to mind.  And I have with Lone Wolf gotten up to War Marshall on Kings Castleyard.  Kiting is not dead it just takes more imagination then before.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Everybody, just drop it. If the developers have already made their decisions, then the matter is over. Kiting to be removed had been planned a while ago, but per usual, the developers are always caught up in more work than they can dish out - the problem, kiting, is already solved. There is no need to keep spamming this thread to "keep it!" or to "kill it!"
Just saying.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(04-06-2014, 05:43 PM)Terath link Wrote: Everybody, just drop it. If the developers have already made their decisions, then the matter is over. Kiting to be removed had been planned a while ago, but per usual, the developers are always caught up in more work than they can dish out - the problem, kiting, is already solved. There is no need to keep spamming this thread to "keep it!" or to "kill it!"
Just saying.

Yes but if we do in fact want to keep it why should we not express our opinions? And it does not matter if the Devs did intend on removing it then the community has the right to speak up against it. That is what makes a good community, listening to the opinions of all and sometimes compromises can be made and on this matter I hope there can be one made.
Just Saying. Smile 
"I'm the DB Captain I deserve a spot in events" - Faravin 2k16

"I am training my biceps, my finger biceps" - Faravin 2k16

Legendary Drops:

Jormungandr - 29th September 2014
Barbutte With Coif -  9th October 2014
Quote: Dom link=topic=24687.msg181525#msg181525 date=1401972591]
[quote author=Terath link=topic=24687.msg181406#msg181406 date=1401903800]
Everybody, just drop it. If the developers have already made their decisions, then the matter is over. Kiting to be removed had been planned a while ago, but per usual, the developers are always caught up in more work than they can dish out - the problem, kiting, is already solved. There is no need to keep spamming this thread to "keep it!" or to "kill it!"
Just saying.

Yes but if we do in fact want to keep it why should we not express our opinions? And it does not matter if the Devs did intend on removing it then the community has the right to speak up against it. That is what makes a good community, listening to the opinions of all and sometimes compromises can be made and on this matter I hope there can be one made.
Just Saying. Smile
[/quote]

If the devs ever were in the mood to make compromises on kiting, they would have long done so. And the fact remains; it's very hard to properly balance this mod if you have to take both kiting and teamplay in mind. Both can't be made too strong without ruining kiting, weapons couldn't be made too strong without making kiting too easy, maps will have to be made in such a way both kiting and cading are doable, without ruining the other, etc etc.

To make this mod properly playable without making compromises that make both ways of playing so-so at best, the devs have to make a choice between either, and they have. Also, cooperative gameplay has always been NI's biggest unique feature, and that is just far more prevalent in what we currently know as cading.

With their decision to drop kiting the devs can focus the balance of this mod around cading alone, without having to keep kiting in mind, and I think they have chosen wisely.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Quote: Dom link=topic=24687.msg181525#msg181525 date=1401972591]
Just saying.

Just Saying. Smile
[/quote]

I'm not saying that you can't voice your opinions, not at all. In fact, I hope more people start to voice what they believe in on the forums.
To be honest, I am against kiting. I feel like it serves the same purposes as horses did; it disrupted teamplay. Right now, what I believe the developers are working towards right now is teamplay - barricading just happens to be the only solution to this thus far.
Kiting, to me, disrupts gameplay. Even if it is with yourself or a select few of friends. More and more report threads are showing up of people joining a server and being told to leave because a kiter does not want to be disrupted, and it usually ends badly.
I find kiting very, very useful - but I also find it more boring than cading when I'm alone. I don't like playing a multiplayer game alone, it makes it feel like - well, not a multiplayer game.
Again, the more people voice their opinion the better. To have an exact answer on what everybody in the game wants, though, we need all of the players - it'd be impossible to gather every single active NI player ever and find their opinion on one thing.
I find this topic a beaten horse because this is a topic that has already had a decision made and the decision has already been acted upon, whether it be still in the process of or is over with. Sure, you can continue to punch the horse until it bleeds its organs, but if the change has already been made, then what is the point of talking about it over and over for literally years upon end?
Also, to note, a good community is when the community communicates, and right now, a good amount of players that play Nord Invasion don't touch the forums at all. If half the community isn't communicating, then is it a good community? While the forum half of the community does talk and reason about things and help the developers make a concise decision, the other half is completely left in the dust when the update appears - and that's when that other half starts complaining. Right now, the community isn't bad, but it could be mountains better. While we have the right to speak up against it, half of us don't.
This is why I believe this topic should just be dropped. A decision has been made on the matter, and I believe the developers wish to keep it. To be honest, this change didn't really affect me at all. I never kite and I most likely never will, but it does annoy me when I see a new feature requests topic and it's this topic again and again and again.  :Smile
So for now, I respect the developers decision to nerf/remove kiting.
tl,dr; hyper has a sweet ass, have you noticed? jeez.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(05-06-2014, 09:01 PM)Terath link Wrote: [quote author=[LK] Dom link=topic=24687.msg181525#msg181525 date=1401972591]
Just saying.

Just Saying. Smile
[/quote]

I'm not saying that you can't voice your opinions, not at all. In fact, I hope more people start to voice what they believe in on the forums.
To be honest, I am against kiting. I feel like it serves the same purposes as horses did; it disrupted teamplay. Right now, what I believe the developers are working towards right now is teamplay - barricading just happens to be the only solution to this thus far.
Kiting, to me, disrupts gameplay. Even if it is with yourself or a select few of friends. More and more report threads are showing up of people joining a server and being told to leave because a kiter does not want to be disrupted, and it usually ends badly.
I find kiting very, very useful - but I also find it more boring than cading when I'm alone. I don't like playing a multiplayer game alone, it makes it feel like - well, not a multiplayer game.
Again, the more people voice their opinion the better. To have an exact answer on what everybody in the game wants, though, we need all of the players - it'd be impossible to gather every single active NI player ever and find their opinion on one thing.
I find this topic a beaten horse because this is a topic that has already had a decision made and the decision has already been acted upon, whether it be still in the process of or is over with. Sure, you can continue to punch the horse until it bleeds its organs, but if the change has already been made, then what is the point of talking about it over and over for literally years upon end?
Also, to note, a good community is when the community communicates, and right now, a good amount of players that play Nord Invasion don't touch the forums at all. If half the community isn't communicating, then is it a good community? While the forum half of the community does talk and reason about things and help the developers make a concise decision, the other half is completely left in the dust when the update appears - and that's when that other half starts complaining. Right now, the community isn't bad, but it could be mountains better. While we have the right to speak up against it, half of us don't.
This is why I believe this topic should just be dropped. A decision has been made on the matter, and I believe the developers wish to keep it. To be honest, this change didn't really affect me at all. I never kite and I most likely never will, but it does annoy me when I see a new feature requests topic and it's this topic again and again and again.  :Smile
So for now, I respect the developers decision to nerf/remove kiting.
tl,dr; hyper has a sweet ass, have you noticed? jeez.
[/quote]
sneaky terath
Would you please actually read my post Terath.  I'm saying in my experience Kiting is not dead anyway.  Hidden cave is with the new map update easier to kite, Outskirts didn't get touched and there are several other maps possible to kite.  I can see why the person who put in the poll added a whine whine whine option, that's what most people who have posted here have been doing.  If they like kiting so much find another map to do it on.
And if you really just like the maps that have been nerfed wait a while till they change their minds about what direction they what the mod to go.  If you read the beginning of the map update thread you will see that it used to be they were encouraging kiting.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(05-06-2014, 10:42 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Would you please actually read my post Terath.  I'm saying in my experience Kiting is not dead anyway.  Hidden cave is with the new map update easier to kite, Outskirts didn't get touched and there are several other maps possible to kite.  I can see why the person who put in the poll added a whine whine whine option, that's what most people who have posted here have been doing.  If they like kiting so much find another map to do it on.
And if you really just like the maps that have been nerfed wait a while till they change their minds about what direction they what the mod to go.  If you read the beginning of the map update thread you will see that it used to be they were encouraging kiting.
"Quote from: [ASSASSINE] on March 27, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

the new map updates destroyed every possible kiting Sad

K4mi-
Mission accomplished!"

To start, I do not believe you ever actually posted to me. I scanned up and down the thread, and the only people who have talked to me in this thread thus far was [LK] Dom. Also, [ASSASSINE], because he started the thread. So unless you have separate accounts that you like to communicate on, that's fine, but right now, I'm confused.
Anyways, times have changed. Way back when, I used to have a pony - everybody did. Knights roamed around like lawnmowers with spikes just tearing up every map due to their horse's speed and health, and the entire team-balance that the developers wanted was thrown out of wack. So, on April 2012, we turned them into sausages and ate them, changing the knight class to Skirmisher, one of the classes you see today.
Right now, teamplay wise, NI is fairly balanced. All classes have one or more advantages and one or more disadvantages. Commando for heavy armor and shields but lacking any type of ranged, archer for ranged but lacking any type of armor, crossbow for accuracy but lacking any type of agility or speed, and skirmisher, stuck inbetween the purgatory of no shields and essentially no armor.
But on kiting, archer is the king. Also, there is no teamplay, which is what the developers want the mod to be. It is solo-ing with a bow, having many more times a chance of getting a legendary than an average player.
Also, the whining does get to me. A lot. I find it tiresome when a person who kites a ton complains because they can't kite anymore, WHEN THERE IS STILL KITING MAPS OUT THERE. Grr.
So yes, you are right. The 'whine whine whine' was probably added to be sent at [ASSASSINE], but now it's being applied on all kiters. How sad.