Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Does it sound like a good idea ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah
88.46%
23 88.46%
Nah
3.85%
1 3.85%
Yes, but ... (leave comment)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Storyline (Full castle defense !)
I've been playing for a while and after consulting players who have stopped playing, I tend to feel the same way than them; the game gets sometimes very repetitive and there's no feeling of continuity or any background stories for the maps.

Don't get me wrong, I don't bring complains, but a solution ! This is what I suggest :

Storylines !

But Sphinx, what the hell are you talking about ?

I'm talking about linking maps together with a story (maybe hard to do with the maps we currently have but...) and play them in order. With the cav removed from the mod, it is much easier to make more complex maps with staircases and, wait for it..., wall defense ! So this is my idea of my first story line :

So you spawn on the wall , bots are coming from outside the keep/castle and you defend that wall as best as you can. The map ends after X time (when defeated after the map time limit, just as like now), and the next map in the rotation is now down the wall (new area). Bots took control of the wall and now spawn from the wall and you defend the gate of the castle/keep, and then when the map ends, boom you're inside now! You're defending the entrance of the castle or maybe like 2-3 big rooms (to be determined), then when the map ends, now you're in the throne room, last point of defense...

With those storylines that I can work on, we'll create more epic moments, kill that boredom of camping the same spot all the time and will finally have some background stories to maps. It will create continuity in the game, like when you're doing a map, you feel like it's going somewhere when it ends, not just going from a beach to a mountain pass. All that is required for this "project" of mine is to make sure the maps are in order in the map rotation, no extra coding required ! We could have 1 server for storyline maps where you can vote for the storyline you wanna play (not just the 2nd map of the 2nd story, that way people will stop playing the same map over and over(where boredom is created)) and start at the beginning and we can also have other servers with random maps just like how it is at the moment.

What do you guys think about it ? Be nice please Tongue

Messages In This Thread
Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Sphinx - 30-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by sepsis - 30-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by nolat - 30-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Sphinx - 30-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Senni - 30-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Sphinx - 30-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Sphinx - 01-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Re: Storyline (Full castle defense !) - by Kormin - 02-04-2012, 04:05 AM