Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
Thanks alot for your kind words Tennenoth Smile, but i know i really lack the talent somehow-somewhere. I just think that; maybe working more might fill that gap, thats why i think i should improve myself more heheh.

Now about your models, they are great i must say! I think you really have talent at modelling, those meshes are better than most of mines Big Grin and i'm not being kind, i mean it.

With textures that can really be a great weapon. All i can say is you must invest lots of times when its about texturing. I know it because i hate texturing ( Big Grin ) but still had to learn it somehow (and still dont know that much about it lol). If you have even a bit of 2d skills you can make alot better textures than me i guess.

The thing is i forgot to mention lowpoly modelling, its also hard to keep your meshes' poly counts at low while wanting to have lots of details. Most of my models have around 1k triangles and none have more than 2k. Its better to watch out for that too.

About Wings3d, i know its being used alot by Warband modellers, and actually i dont know how good its since i've never used it. But after getting into 2.5 series Blender got very nice UI improvements and now have very usable interface which can race with other "costy" ones like 3dmax, maya, cinema4d etc.. If you are really interested in 3d(not only modelling, animation etc i mean) its a great open source tool which keeps improving everyday. But you must stay with the one which suits your needs i guess. Learning Blender(or any other 3d program) can be a real pain. But not that hard if you already learned the basic with any other 3d program (hmm.. cant decide hahaha) Smile.

I'm glad that helped you somehow, feel free to ask anything about it if you ever need to. And good luck Smile.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - by Ryu - 17-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Retexturing - by Ryu - 23-07-2012, 02:54 PM