Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage
(05-04-2012, 04:24 PM)Kormin link Wrote: I must say I love this patch  ;D

I played last night and it was epic, usually to get teamwork i need to log into TS with a bunch of house members, but last night i logged onto East Coast normal, and wow. someone was giving orders, people were obeying orders, it was amazing.

then, all the archers died, I'm not even joking, in a single volley the mercenary sharpshooters annihilated everyone without a shield, all headshots. then it was the infantry's turn, we did what we did all the other waves, took care of melee nords. but random bolts would fly out of the mob and pick us off, one by one.

out of the 10 or so of us 2 kinda survived. by kinda I mean they missed one of the sharpshooters who then sniped down poor brian, leaving one to face the knights.

it was fun, it really gave the feeling of what the mod is about. When i joined the shieldwall it wasn't like i was doing it to grind anymore, or to let low levels get kills, it was honestly for survival.

I was there, and it was good fun. I think I even typed "they brought hard mode into normal" at one point during that particular round. I will totally agree that the sharpshooters were murderous. I tried to draw a bead on one, and the reticule was slow as dirt, so before I could even attempt a shot that would come close, I was dead with a headshot. In this case, high level archers have been so crippled, that they are useless against any ranged opponents. It was strange feeling like we were facing Nord Rangers from hard mode on a normal server.

Overall, the patch was good for teamplay, which is what the mod is focused on, but it is no fun to feel so weak that my level 42 character now feels like a level 4 character. I literally cannot contribute to my team when all I can do is get through wave 2-3 with my bow (barely,) while praying that my Hvy Longbow/Hvy Inf. hybrid never has to melee. One bot in single combat now on any wave is as deadly as hard mode in regular.

All of the complaints and praise will boil down to this fact, if the classes remain this weakened, no new players will stick with the mod, and it the community will wither down to a few die-hards. I can appreciate re-focusing on teamwork, but if individuals cannot feel that they can take a bot or two on without dying, all people will do is camp glitched spots and run away. I've never been a kiter with my archer, but the only way I can see lasting now is to abandon my teammates and run for the hills.

I've talked with a bunch of archers, and it seems that the class in particular has been crippled in range, damage, shots time, and accuracy. That is not fun.
"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - by evildan - 05-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - by Sir_Eldras - 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - by Bilbo - 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - by evildan - 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - by evildan - 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM