Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Simple question
(20-12-2016, 12:49 AM)Coconut Wrote: I've seen RGs complete legacy a lot, usually it involves the boss being cornered and them hitting him with a mjolnir
Well for that you need to have a slashing gear avaible on sacrifice on your own gear I guess if you can't afford it. Doesn't make sense that a RG would equip a slashing weapon just to get a kill "in case". Especially in Rags and hards.

(20-12-2016, 02:49 AM)Winter Wrote: I still think quests should be account based instead of character based /shrug

I totally aggree with you on that, at least this, and for that quest, please do an alternative with less reward and less objectives to kill. I don't really wanna play something else or feel forced to because otherwise I can't get "good" money, as everyone is starting to get richer and richer, from 500k to sometimes 1m or more a week just through this quest.

(20-12-2016, 02:53 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: So.  You are complain that there is reason now to try and get kills?  That there is reward for getting kills, Particularly the high priority ones?

The reason behind the change is to give a actual reward for getting kills in game.  In my Experience,  The Class that gets the most gold out of a given Rag run is the Shielders.  Because if you have a shielder die lets say before Followers,  You are almost guaranteed to tome.  But if you have the top killer die that same wave you won't unless there is a lot more people dead.  That might be different today with everyone spamming maps that you don't even really need shielders for,  But taht does not mean that is what the game is going to be balanced around.

That coupled with inflation because the quests have had not been updated in at least 3 years.

I am sorry Q, but before that quest you didn't care about killing the bots? The mod has always been about killing the targets and especially the high priority ones, it didn't change at all at that point. It's not these 2 quests that have implemented this. I am sorry but your arguments are invalid sir. There was always a reward even before that, you think people didn't care about getting the double assist xp and gold before that because it does add up? And that quest existed before for 50 000? And once again, most of successful rag runs has at least 6 tomes in, which means, people are constantly be tomed aswell. 

It was always like this, you kill you get the double assist and gold, which is ok and understandable, but that quest is punishing team work. You know what, from now on in front of Odin, Thor, Ragnar, I'll stop shielding because I'll need the kill anyway and that I will have to think for myself as much as you do, and we'll see most of your faces when shielders will just act like this. How about that? It's not fair, that's all. 

I choose toplay RG mainly because I like it, don't make me and us regret to play something we like meanwhile we are useful in a run and could save tons of lives and tomes and support. You know it isn't right Sargent_Q, so please, be reasonnable. I am happy to see that some quests are being updated, but that's not how we fix a problem, give the shielders an alternative quest, with lower reward, same cooldown and less stuff to kill, and it could be fair then. And once again, healers are left out, but healers can be switched at anytime during the game, meanwhile a shielder is a shielder till the end of it.

(20-12-2016, 05:07 AM)Captain_Floofy Wrote: What?!   I had no idea quests could be worth so much.  I even had to check and sure enough they can be.

Now I regret all those games spent spam healing rather then trying to get the boss kills.  XD  Okay no I don't, someone had to heal, and someone has to step in and do every role.

I don't have an RG, but I kind of have to agree that it seems silly to have quests worth so much unless you make one for every role on the team(healing, cading, shielding, dps, and you could even make the quests class locked or something).  That being said that's a hard thing to implement and I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.  So what I would say is make a character that you believe can accomplish this quest the best and play that character as well as your RG.  

When you play your RG thank you for being a team player and helping the team be successful.  I know team players don't get the glory, reward, or even typically a thank you.  But that's just how the world works.  With 16 people on a server 14 other people won't get the boss kill either but will benefit from gaining xp and loot from a successful run.

Best of luck and see you on the battlefield!  Smile

+1 to this. 

(20-12-2016, 05:37 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: First character i completed this updated quest on was RG.. Rip

Well you have a DWP, so you can hit from time to time, or picked up a weapon eventually and got the opportunity to have some other people shielding for you, probably in an event(s)? Do you think the archer would drop his bow and shield Odin, Thor or Ragnar just so I could get the kill? What about public runs? 

(20-12-2016, 05:45 AM)Woody Wrote: Being Rg you can still do quests. It maybe slower but it can be done still and you my find some things are easier than others eg..
[Image: 927f9727af72dc3e538cd7b67aeacbce.png]

It is possible, but you'd still need someone else to shield for you, or more people to corner them well. And yes you have great gear that allows you to kill any boss (Halogi/Mjol, even durendal), which is really good for you, but not everyone can afford them without sacrificing. I am just angry about the fact that if we choose to shield we are going to not do the quest, that's all. It would be fun if I would refuse to shield from the start, bet I would get reported if there are no equivalent shielder? Meanwhile it wouldn't be trolling, it would be just farming like everyone else.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing

Messages In This Thread
Simple question - by LordChaos - 20-12-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: Simple question - by Coconut - 20-12-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by DR. - 20-12-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: Simple question - by Winter - 20-12-2016, 02:49 AM
RE: Simple question - by Sargent Q - 20-12-2016, 02:53 AM