Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea for more fun on long term play
(19-08-2017, 11:25 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote: You say you’re not opposed yet you bring the feeling of the veteran players who left months ago. Indeed, I didn’t bring the reason why they left since I was not active during that time. I started the thread so things could move on by stating what I believe are facts. I must not be 100% wrong since a few people have agreed so far.

What? I didn't bring up the feelings of veterans. I brought up the fact that more veterans playing means both more loot generation and more loot in circulation rather than inventories. If there are more bots being killed, more loot is being generated. Veteran players are less likely to be interested in crafting. Before the latest exodus, the ratio of players in the community not interested in crafting is higher, loot is more likely to go to them, they are more likely to sell them, and thus more is in circulation. This is basic math and a significant factor for the availability of materials that went unmentioned.

(19-08-2017, 11:25 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote:
As for the recession thing, I restarted playing 5 months ago and the prices from what I remember had already doubled, so I think it’s a good guess to say they have doubled for a good 8 months and thing didn’t just happen instantly but more over the time.

Furthermore, I’m pretty sure that most people understood what I meant by that but if you insist on the use of the nomenclature. Since the prices for most the materials have literally doubled, you need more cash, but if there’s less player around in the games, you won’t get much gold since the assist experience will be much lower. Therefore, less thing will be bought from the auction house and the amount made will be overall lower. A lower gross domestic product made from auction house.

Yes, I insist on such things as "nomenclature" (even though you mean "terminology"). Using proper and well-defined terms is how you communicate what you mean.

That's still not a recession, it's just the total value of goods sold between players. You don't account for value of services or goods produced, which is what GDP measures. But anyway, there is no point of calculating GDP; there are no other "countries" (even if NI was a "country") to compare this to.

Yes veteran players can always use their big stock of material, which they actually do. Just for instance, I’ve seen the Nkabank sell Sulphur for 150k gold, but then again, they were around 50k gold back then (no hard feeling against that clan, just implying the rise in price touch everyone).

That would be the above where veterans are not interested in crafting, but putting it into circulation. Price correction due to availability is fair. Otherwise, get good and kill more bots.

Call it hypocrisies from them or whatever may please you, but as I said, some have already agreed that there’s a problem related to the drop rate and if the solution isn’t increase the rate, well the thread is open to discussion and I’d like to hear your idea so people can enjoy the game again on the long term, veteran and new players left.

Some people agree the earth is flat, it doesn't make them right. Logic and reasoning aren't popularity contests. And even if someone happened to be right, the decision for changes is not always that person's to make.

I've posted my idea for loot distribution, and my views on loot generation, and referenced each multiple times. People agreed with those as well. Nothing ever changed, nothing ever got implemented. At this point, I'd rather nothing change while I enjoy watching the consequences of previous decisions. Watching the world burn is incredibly fun.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 07-08-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 17-08-2017, 11:55 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by Malong - 20-08-2017, 05:56 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 20-08-2017, 04:17 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 23-08-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: Idea for more fun on long term play - by DR. - 25-08-2017, 07:02 AM