Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you like this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
16 100.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

weapon / armor maintenance
Hey Sudoku_Killer,

Allow me to start off by saying thanks for the suggestion. *Please note this is not an opinion of an admin or development team.*

I will simplify what I'm about to say below this line in one word. No.

Now I will go over what I like and dislike about this.

----PROS----
As you said, it does add alot more Realism and Immersion into gameplay which in all honest NI can at times be quite mind numbing when you have thousands of hours dedicated into the game.

It would give the market a better economy as opposed to people just purchasing materials and hoarding them and waiting for the prices to shoot up to a ridiculous price. Thus creating a reason for the devs to also address the current looting system.

-------Cons-------

.) "Rich People" would mostly be using legendaries. Are you suggesting that the legendary weapon(s) and legendary armor(s) would break? That would not really make them a item of a "legendary" status in my opinion so I would have to say legendaries should not be breakable... OR they have a VERY rare break chance. (1/5,000 for example. As opposed to 1/250 for light blues and 1/1,000 for dark blue items.)

.) Other mods have implemented systems like this in the past that ultimately (and rightfully) fell apart not long after. (cRPG for example.)
Others have been successful with this kind of a system and once again it comes down to making sure it's implemented in a correct, functional and realistic way.

.) Frequency. Would this happen at any time during the waves? Would it be at the end of the map? Personally I think at the end of the map it rolls your RNG and decides if you have to pay X amount to repair.

.) Cost balancing, as I said if this system comes in incorrectly this could ruin the mod if people are having to pay a huge amount to repair their items each map. And what you'll find is teams of people in Market place gear so the upkeep is cheap/free. How do you suggest the dev team implement this without the costs blowing out.

Messages In This Thread
weapon / armor maintenance - by Sudoku_killer - 24-09-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by DragonFire1 - 24-09-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Jugg - 24-09-2017, 01:15 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Sudoku_killer - 24-09-2017, 01:52 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Bobo - 24-09-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Stillicho - 24-09-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by DR. - 25-09-2017, 12:13 AM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Stillicho - 25-09-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by DR. - 25-09-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: weapon / armor maintenance - by Stillicho - 25-09-2017, 09:01 PM