Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Increase drop rates (seriously)
I do not take kindly to your PM's telling to me to come look at topics, especially if they are about something as stupid as drop rates. Drop rates change all the time as we look at the market, AH and IRC to check what is dropping and what is not. All green drops received an increase in drop rates just two weeks ago, if you're not lucky enough to get the green drops on a server do not PM me moaning about it.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(09-09-2013, 10:10 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote: I do not take kindly to your PM's telling to me to come look at topics, especially if they are about something as stupid as drop rates. Drop rates change all the time as we look at the market, AH and IRC to check what is dropping and what is not. All green drops received an increase in drop rates just two weeks ago, if you're not lucky enough to get the green drops on a server do not PM me moaning about it.
I'm not complaining about drop rates themselves but about the system that makes game more award-giving/xp receiving when you play alone, not with your mates. And that's the problem (I guess).
Playing NI since December 2011
Lol have you even read my explanation?
If there were 150 Bots/Wave on a 16/16 server, you'd get the same drops per wave as if you were kiting alone.
But because this would be rather impossible, only a decent number of bots gets added with the second, thrid, forth etc player.
How do you imagine to change anything about this?
The drop rates are always the same.

(I'd recommend not to complain only but to tell the devs a worked out idea - something they can work with)
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
Sweet jesus, will you please go read around before reposting the same nonsense! The more players there are, the higher the number of bots and the higher YOUR chances of getting mats are. Beyond that, playing with a team will nearly always see you get further than by yourself, getting to higher waves where there is better loot AND higher drop rates. If you so desire we can go back to the old system where only the killer has a chance of getting a drop. That seems like a good thing for the team as a whole.

The idea that you get more XP from soloing than on a full server is simply ludicrous... It makes me laugh when I do a hard mode run or a ragnarok run and then I look at how much assist has accumulated over the past 20 waves.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(09-09-2013, 05:54 PM)human_being link Wrote: Lol have you even read my explanation?
If there were 150 Bots/Wave on a 16/16 server, you'd get the same drops per wave as if you were kiting alone.
But because this would be rather impossible, only a decent number of bots gets added with the second, thrid, forth etc player.
How do you imagine to change anything about this?
The drop rates are always the same.

(I'd recommend not to complain only but to tell the devs a worked out idea - something they can work with)
Hmm, maybe increasing rate drops as high as many players are in assist xp range? That would make kiting as rewarding as playing together (but I think there appears a need of decreasing drop rate per person in assist range).
(09-09-2013, 06:54 PM)Tajulek link Wrote: Hmm, maybe increasing rate drops as high as many players are in assist xp range? That would make kiting as rewarding as playing together (but I think there appears a need of decreasing drop rate per person in assist range).
Remember that most of legendaries have been looted in a full team... So I don't think the looting system should be changed. Better play in a complete team.
(14-09-2013, 03:42 PM)Yvain link Wrote: Remember that most of legendaries have been looted in a full team... So I don't think the looting system should be changed. Better play in a complete team.
I don't see any problem in decreasing some items' drop rates (e.g. legendaries) so that loot amount wouldn't get weird.
I know it's been a while since last post in this topic but as i dont really want to start a new one i'll just post it here. I've been soloing a lot lately on normal and hard modes and i have some thoughts about it:

1. Drop rate reduction with only 1 player on server. I don't really know if it's possible, but 1-2 hours of farming on hard can get you a crazy amount of materials and with an archer or a skirmisher it's fairly easy to get to wave 12 once you get the hang of it. When you check the Auction Hall you'll notice that a better part of what you can find there comes from ppl who are doing a lot of solos and are spamming the market with what they loot. Results would be even more interesting if you could summarize all goods offered by alt chars of a given player. Now i'm not saying soloing shouldn't be rewarding nor whining about nerfing ranged classes ( as i play mostly with my skirmisher Wink ) but it doesnt seem to be ok that you can basically get way more loot by playing alone a game that was designed to be played in a team. My humble suggestion would be to reduce drop rates by 50 or even 66 % when playing solo.

2. Another problem with soloing is that you can save the last mob on each wave while refilling by positioning your char in a right way. By doing so you can face each wave with full health and ammo with no problem at all, since you can autoblock virtually any attack by spamming right mouse button. Adding some fancy refill animation ( like realoading cannon in NW ) could be the easiest way to solve this issue, as you still could outrun the last mob to get some time to refill if you'd really want to.

3. Limiting the amount of goods you can forage on each map. When you solo you can just keep foraging for as long as you want either by autoblocking ( exhausting way ) or finding some way to keep mobs away from you (cading some choke point, playing on map like Handes Retreat where it takes mobs forever to get to you, or glitching if you're a jerk). Again i don't really know if it's possible but i think it could be a good move to limit your forage attempts to say 10 on each map or maybe 1 per a wave.

4. Solo players are more prone to glitch. Now i'm not accusing anyone but of all cases of glitching i've witnessed personally only one was done on a populated server, while others were performed by a solo players that weren't aware that i joined the server. Again i'm not pointing fingers, my point simply is that occasio facit furem. Perhaps we could start a discussion here on forum about removing ability to play solo, by changing the game so that mobs wouldn't spawn until at least 2 players are present on a given server.

I don't know if any of these ideas could be implemented as my knowledge about modding the game is virtually nonexistent and i don't think many people will support my point of view, but it would be great to read what you guys think about it.
(17-10-2013, 07:04 AM)Usain_Bolt link Wrote: I know it's been a while since last post in this topic but as i dont really want to start a new one i'll just post it here. I've been soloing a lot lately on normal and hard modes and i have some thoughts about it:

1. Drop rate reduction with only 1 player on server. I don't really know if it's possible, but 1-2 hours of farming on hard can get you a crazy amount of materials and with an archer or a skirmisher it's fairly easy to get to wave 12 once you get the hang of it. When you check the Auction Hall you'll notice that a better part of what you can find there comes from ppl who are doing a lot of solos and are spamming the market with what they loot. Results would be even more interesting if you could summarize all goods offered by alt chars of a given player. Now i'm not saying soloing shouldn't be rewarding nor whining about nerfing ranged classes ( as i play mostly with my skirmisher Wink ) but it doesnt seem to be ok that you can basically get way more loot by playing alone a game that was designed to be played in a team. My humble suggestion would be to reduce drop rates by 50 or even 66 % when playing solo.

2. Another problem with soloing is that you can save the last mob on each wave while refilling by positioning your char in a right way. By doing so you can face each wave with full health and ammo with no problem at all, since you can autoblock virtually any attack by spamming right mouse button. Adding some fancy refill animation ( like realoading cannon in NW ) could be the easiest way to solve this issue, as you still could outrun the last mob to get some time to refill if you'd really want to.

3. Limiting the amount of goods you can forage on each map. When you solo you can just keep foraging for as long as you want either by autoblocking ( exhausting way ) or finding some way to keep mobs away from you (cading some choke point, playing on map like Handes Retreat where it takes mobs forever to get to you, or glitching if you're a jerk). Again i don't really know if it's possible but i think it could be a good move to limit your forage attempts to say 10 on each map or maybe 1 per a wave.

4. Solo players are more prone to glitch. Now i'm not accusing anyone but of all cases of glitching i've witnessed personally only one was done on a populated server, while others were performed by a solo players that weren't aware that i joined the server. Again i'm not pointing fingers, my point simply is that occasio facit furem. Perhaps we could start a discussion here on forum about removing ability to play solo, by changing the game so that mobs wouldn't spawn until at least 2 players are present on a given server.

I don't know if any of these ideas could be implemented as my knowledge about modding the game is virtually nonexistent and i don't think many people will support my point of view, but it would be great to read what you guys think about it.

Good points in there, just wait with what devs will come up next patch Smile
Wusel @ Omnia
sad true is mod punish team playing and richly rewarding soloing
once I played in great team on hard an we did 3 maps to the very end and I looted only 2 hm
While soloing for 3 h on hard gave me 12 hm and huge amount of cloth and other basic mats
That promotes  ranged classes which probably are the riches in whole community , classes who needs team to play are somehow screwed. Ranges rules , so if you wanna get rich train pike or archer and go solo or in small party best with other rangers , that how it is now , commas got left out, unless they got team to play
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX