Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion Mysteriums and the truth about it.
Ok, serious question (not trying to sound like I'm whining).

Is the dropped loot truly random? I assume it is,  but I do think there is some sort of bug with the algorithm (as I still get assist XP and gold so it's not an account bug). Perhaps with the random number generator/sorting code.

It seems that I can go complete runs on through the boss (including normal and hard) and get nothing but a few old boots and maybe one heavy cloth/hardened metal/low level better crafting item -- sometime not a single drop. And then you hear the same few people "lump of lead/scale/sulphur/bear fur" over and over. You can see it in the AH as well, where some of the same people consistently have high level drops for sale. It seems to break down that 4-5 people get a lot, 4-5 people get some, 4-5 people get virtually none -- and the same people round to round.

I know a few other people that seem "drop challenged" as well. If there is over around 4-6 active people, I virtually get nothing. Now, I'm definitely not expecting every drop, but when playing multiple hard rounds back to back and being alive the whole time, would think I should get more than a few boots/sticks/bent swords.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(15-08-2012, 03:57 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote:Ok, serious question (not trying to sound like I'm whining).

Is the dropped loot truly random? I assume it is,  but I do think there is some sort of bug with the algorithm (as I still get assist XP and gold so it's not an account bug). Perhaps with the random number generator/sorting code.

It seems that I can go complete runs on through the boss (including normal and hard) and get nothing but a few old boots and maybe one heavy cloth/hardened metal/low level better crafting item -- sometime not a single drop. And then you hear the same few people "lump of lead/scale/sulphur/bear fur" over and over. You can see it in the AH as well, where some of the same people consistently have high level drops for sale. It seems to break down that 4-5 people get a lot, 4-5 people get some, 4-5 people get virtually none -- and the same people round to round.

I know a few other people that seem "drop challenged" as well. If there is over around 4-6 active people, I virtually get nothing. Now, I'm definitely not expecting every drop, but when playing multiple hard rounds back to back and being alive the whole time, would think I should get more than a few boots/sticks/bent swords.

Yep i get this too. Id like the answer aswell please
CC_Matthew CC_Hunter
(15-08-2012, 03:57 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote:Ok, serious question (not trying to sound like I'm whining).

Ok, I will have a go at this one, a developer will answer better though I imagine. As far as I know, there is a drop rate percentage on each item on each nord. That said percentage is then dividing by the playings left alive (or total players perhaps?) and that is the chance that you have to get the item. So example using random number: Nord Brute drops bone shard at 20% with 4 players in server. (20/4=5%) Which is a 5% chance that you get the item.

^That could all be wrong.

Also, I very much feel your item-less pain Sad
The above theory is correct; split between live players.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(15-08-2012, 04:53 PM)Ragnash link Wrote:[quote author=Galen_Thalheimer link=topic=5274.msg43792#msg43792 date=1345046272]
Ok, serious question (not trying to sound like I'm whining).

Ok, I will have a go at this one, a developer will answer better though I imagine. As far as I know, there is a drop rate percentage on each item on each nord. That said percentage is then dividing by the playings left alive (or total players perhaps?) and that is the chance that you have to get the item. So example using random number: Nord Brute drops bone shard at 20% with 4 players in server. (20/4=5%) Which is a 5% chance that you get the item.

^That could all be wrong.

Also, I very much feel your item-less pain Sad
[/quote]

Thanks for replying
CC_Matthew CC_Hunter
(15-08-2012, 04:56 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:The above theory is correct; split between live players.

That is what I assumed (of course, I believe you have to be in range of the killer as well.)

That being said, I think think there might be a bug in the code then, as the drops do seem to have a very consistent non-random distribution.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]

I still feel like Galen_Thalheimer, as I am one of those "challenged" players. I've consistently noticed that housemates will be looting as if a pinata has been busted open, while I am lucky to walk away from a night of hardmode with a couple of hardened metal or heavy cloth. It's sort of frustrating to hear about lead, bear fur, raven feathers, etc, and I'm lucky to grab a few higher level mats for hours of play. Let's not even mention legendaries. I've been playing this mod for probably over 6 months now, and I've always felt this way about my chances for drops. And, as a sniper, I am usually staying alive for the majority of boss waves up to the bitter end.

I switched to my alt on normal a while back, and suddenly I was awash in loot. I think in one night of playing, I was ridiculously loaded up on mats, coal, and a Grinder helm. This did nothing to dispel the dirty rumor that lower level players have a higher % drop rate. It just made me feel that my max level main was busted somehow. I'm kind of glad to see that there are other players who feel the same way.

* EDIT * I will say that when I solo hardmode, I do alright for stuff like hm, but that is because it is usually one or two other players with me, and all the loot is going to such a small group.
"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
There is definitely no code-error. you are just unlucky. take it with passion, im not one of the lucky one also.
Wusel @ Omnia
(15-08-2012, 07:30 PM)Sir_Eldras link Wrote:I've consistently noticed that housemates will be looting as if a pinata has been busted open, while I am lucky to walk away from a night of hardmode with a couple of hardened metal or heavy cloth.

* EDIT * I will say that when I solo hardmode, I do alright for stuff like hm, but that is because it is usually one or two other players with me, and all the loot is going to such a small group.

I know the pinata feeling. Same for me on hard mode soloing. I can get some decent mats. Interesting, with some players (with 2 people kiting together, with one specific person, the mats gets pretty evenly split, with another person I get most/all the mats, and with another I did it with, I got almost no mats. And it was consistent round to round.

(15-08-2012, 08:52 PM)Lost_Legend link Wrote:There is definitely no code-error. you are just unlucky. take it with passion, im not one of the lucky one also.
Lol...as someone with 2 degress in computer science/engineering, ALL code has bugs, even NI. Otherwise, servers wouldn't crash with use of cades/barrels and people wouldn't get in situations where they go no XP at all.

Now, I do leave space for it to just be a birthday distribution paradox-type situation, but since it seems to be consistent over rounds/servers/days, that to me, points more to bug. It's easy to have something that seems conceptually correct but still be computationally incorrect, especially with "random" things on computers.

Now, another dev questions -- for shared gold, I noticed that the gold portion seems to be lower as there are more players yet the assist XP stays the same (as in assist gold gets spread around). Is that accurate?

Question :

Are we gonna get space cowboys ? Smile