Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Capped character type in single server
The only thing you need in game, is fun.
We beated till vet pikeman with only 1 Commando and 7 Archers. You dont need balance in team, you need a GOOD team and fun.
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
(24-03-2013, 02:04 PM)The Wolf link Wrote: If I'm playing with other beginning players (T1 - T2) I hoard half the wave too, but they don't complain. Hell, mostly they encourage it Tongue
Mathos only said for like half an hour: "all that assist xp man..."

I'm pretty sure most of them don't mind having alot of assist xp. At least I didn't when I was a noob Tongue
When you're level 4 and you reach the veteran pikemen on normal cuz there are a bunch of high levels in your server, you should be happy Smile

You seems to misunderstand me. I'm not talking about high level players that kill most of the enemies fighting alongside rest of the team, but those how run to the bot spawn on early waves and kill everything denying rest assist xp.

Anyway I see a lot of "You should..." here and there in NI. It seems like ppl should do a lot of things...but they dont. So there are two options: wait until they understood that they should (which wont likely to happen - they have a few years already), or admit that people don't do what they should but rather what they want and change mechanics so they want to do things they should.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
You've changed the topic completley Sophie, first you changed it from a suggestion of balancing the team to most effectiveness to force people to do something, Now you change it from Ragnarok to normal mode, lol.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(24-03-2013, 02:50 PM)Niezdara link Wrote: [quote author=The Wolf link=topic=11368.msg93367#msg93367 date=1364133896]
If I'm playing with other beginning players (T1 - T2) I hoard half the wave too, but they don't complain. Hell, mostly they encourage it Tongue
Mathos only said for like half an hour: "all that assist xp man..."

I'm pretty sure most of them don't mind having alot of assist xp. At least I didn't when I was a noob Tongue
When you're level 4 and you reach the veteran pikemen on normal cuz there are a bunch of high levels in your server, you should be happy Smile

You seems to misunderstand me. I'm not talking about high level players that kill most of the enemies fighting alongside rest of the team, but those how run to the bot spawn on early waves and kill everything denying rest assist xp.

Anyway I see a lot of "You should..." here and there in NI. It seems like ppl should do a lot of things...but they dont. So there are two options: wait until they understood that they should (which wont likely to happen - they have a few years already), or admit that people don't do what they should but rather what they want and change mechanics so they want to do things they should.
[/quote]

So... What's your point exactly? You're kinda talking in a vague way...
ON_Centration = commando
ON_Centration II = sniper

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be - Virgil
Well first off Slayer, your response towards Punishment's perfectly logical answer was unmerited. You shouldn't just call him a "kid" because his ideas conflict with yours. While it's good to see you somewhat apologized and recognized that your idea is rather...extreme, if you say this is a "message" rather than a request, then my advice is not to put it in the "Feature Requests" section and ask the devs to "please consider this idea". To be quite honest, it seems to mean this thread is meant for your raging as you admit you have been repeatedly frustrated by the lack of commandos and the "kids" who value fun over teamwork.

Just because the game is multiplayer doesn't mean teamwork and success should always take priority over individual fun. While teamwork and fun, as you said, are linked together, some people see otherwise and you shouldn't ruin their own perspective of fun unless they're blatantly trolling. As Legend stated, public servers are a lot more unpredictable than events or when you jump on with some house members. I don't think I've ever heard of a public server consisting of people not in TS and who do not share a house beating Odin. If you want to go far in Ragnorak, I'd imagine you have to play an organized event. It's the same concept as NW. You can still have fun in multiplayer and play individually without having to line up, but if you favor organized combat join a line battle. If you cannot join a house event or would prefer fighting without housemates, join a pubby server. If not, join a house event and please stop trying to force restrictions on the entire NI community for your own personal happiness.

I'm not sure if my response was coherent at all, but just my 2 cents.

P.S. Your idea of having the server double check what class is already in and limiting that class is still rather unreasonable as if no one quits the server, which is a case especially on hard, players are usually forced to go to normal mode. Impose class restrictions and this becomes even more frustrating especially if you only have one acc. and hence one main class. Good servers are hard enough to join as is, and as there is an imbalance in class distribution, many people are gonna be much more frustrated with being unable to join an almost full server just because of their class.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.
(24-03-2013, 02:51 PM)Slayer link Wrote: You've changed the topic completley Sophie, first you changed it from a suggestion of balancing the team to most effectiveness to force people to do something, Now you change it from Ragnarok to normal mode, lol.

When you limit the number of a class that can play in one server it is forcing people to do something.
No it is not forcing, forcing is someone standing over your head with a gun saying lick my shoes or you loose your life.

This is saying, sorry, there are 4 snipers, you have choices, that is not force. Learn the difference.

Is a full server forcing you to go to another server? NO

A full server isnt doing anything to you, its just letting you know the damn thing is full, you choose to do the next thing you do, it is not force.

No one is forcing you to go to another server, no one is forcing you to wait, no one is forcing you to go a different character, no one is forcing you to do squat, you choose to go to another character, you choose to go to another server, you choose to wait because you WANT to play, you chose to play, no one forced you to play, when you play you must abide certain rules, you are not forced to abide them, you choose to abide them, you arent forced to do anything.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
(24-03-2013, 02:51 PM)Slayer link Wrote: You've changed the topic completley Sophie, first you changed it from a suggestion of balancing the team to most effectiveness to force people to do something, Now you change it from Ragnarok to normal mode, lol.
What can I say? I am a toppic ruïner  ;D.
You can't speak about ragnarok mode if you haven't played it before. I still like how it is now, for example, if you do a event you Must choose that class that none has = Bad  :-\
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
Yes it is forcing, it says you must play a specific class or don't play at all, which is forcing because players must do an action or have a negative consequence. Saying that you can always change class and join with another is fine, but that doesn't stop it from being forcing, because you have to do that action to play. Perhaps you should learn the difference. Smile.

The full server example is a different scenario, then it is not possible to join, in this case there could be room but you can't join because you are playing a specific class. It's a false analogy. Smile.
Its the exact same scenario, it has a player cap.

What i suggested had a sniper cap.]

Answer to sophie:

I can speak for ragnarok mode from the knowledge i have, it is apparently supposed to be harder than todays hard mode. So, with that being said, I made a suggestion based around an opinion.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015