Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nordinvasion's aim
(08-01-2013, 06:31 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Well we'll wait and see what happens. We have a big patch in the pipes Smile

Which will be coming sopn since I'll be off again in Feb. Thanks Hyper, I hate you Smile
(08-01-2013, 07:05 PM)NickyJ link Wrote: I could support having a third mode: Ultra-hard mode. As the name suggests, it would be even harder than hard mode. Even legendaries wouldn't make it that much easier.

Developers ?
<19:51:48> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Maroon".
<19:51:49> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Fred".
(08-01-2013, 07:07 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: [quote author=Hypernoma link=topic=8574.msg72073#msg72073 date=1357669901]
Well we'll wait and see what happens. We have a big patch in the pipes Smile

Which will be coming sopn since I'll be off again in Feb. Thanks Hyper, I hate you Smile
[/quote]
You're welcome Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
I am a bit surprise by how much I would actually consider a full reset.  I have started my 5th character and I must say it reminds me of the time I started my first character more than eight months ago and it has been fun playing on it.  As things are now, however, a full reset would only be a temporary solution.  It is quite possible that in another eight months I would be starting my 5th character again.

I am sure many people would be upset to lose their progress but I also understand why things cannot be left as they are.  I have my doubts that simply making the game more difficult will solve things.  For example, if hard mode is made more difficult for existing high-level players, I imagine it would be frustratingly difficult for players who are just now entering hard mode.  I do not see ultra-hard mode as a solution because that means adding more servers and more cost.

If the developers chose to use the full reset, it would not be "just because some big-whigs were restless."  It is because as high-level players get more equipment, more legendaries, and more gold, there is less incentive to play the game.  A large part of the appeal of this mod for me is that you can improve your character.  Once all the improvements have been gotten, there is little else to do.

To summarize, I find the idea of a full reset interesting but does have its disadvantages.  As I see it, it is just a possible option.  I am interested in seeing what is in the next big patch and definitely think we should wait until after its release before making any decisions.  I have heard of bits and pieces about it and hope that it will satisfy both the high-level players who are losing interest and the low-level players who are still working their way up.

It is a long post but I felt I had to express my thoughts on the subject.
Kip
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
I am sorry to double-post but this seemed to be enough of a separate idea to deserve a separate post.

One of the main complaints I hear about the way NordInvasion works now is that camping is pretty much the only way to survive.  Standing behind a shield wall all the time is not very exciting though.  It is all a matter of taking cover from the ranged nords and picking off the melee as they get close to the shield wall.  I have a suggestion about how to make playing without camping more possible.  It is not a fully polished plan but you should get the idea.

As I see it, without camping, the nords will surround and kill the players.  This is because they all spawn at the same time.  My basic idea (and I'm not sure if Warband is capable of implementing it) is that instead of all the nords spawning at the beginning of each wave, each wave would be a gradual stream of spawning nords.  This way, players can take on the nords a few at a time.  The maps would have to be redesigned to make camping impossible but that would not be as much a problem because of the new spawn system.  The difficulty of each wave could be adjusted by controlling how many nords spawn at a time.  (To be clear I am suggesting that there still be separate wave so that players have a chance to heal and reload.)

Assuming that Warband does not have a way to spawn each wave of nords in a stream, a possible work-around would be to stagger spawn points in a line with each one farther then the last.  That way, instead of having all the nords spawn in one place and charging as a group, they would charge in a line similar to the stream idea.

One obvious problem with the stream idea is that nords do not always charge (particularly ranged nords).  This could prevent the stream from moving and would make the nords bunch up in a group again.

I don't know if this suggestion can be adapted into a workable solution but it might spark some other ideas.
Kip
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(08-01-2013, 07:38 PM)Kip link Wrote: If the developers chose to use the full reset, it would not be "just because some big-whigs were restless."  It is because as high-level players get more equipment, more legendaries, and more gold, there is less incentive to play the game.  A large part of the appeal of this mod for me is that you can improve your character.  Once all the improvements have been gotten, there is little else to do.
The people who have the fancy equipment, legendaries, and gold are the big-whigs. For the people who don't have all those toys, they've been struggling to get them for months. Heck, my only legendary came from a tournament. I'm sure there are many people who have been playing this mod longer than I have, and they still don't have any legendaries. They're still trying to get their first one to enjoy.

To be generous, I'll say that 25% of players have at least one legendary and/or have multiple level 52 characters. (I'd estimate fewer, because legendaries tend to be looted by only a small ring of players.) The other 75% don't. If the 25% decides to reset all the characters because they've experienced a lot of fun, the other 75% will be left out in the cold. They never got to have those legendaries, that fancy armor, and all that gold. And now, all that that they did manage to gather together would be thrown away by that 25%.

Bitter feelings would result, a fair amount of players and donators would leave, and fewer players would join the community. After all, why would they invest months of playing in the mod if they're only going to lose it all by the time they've reached top tier?
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
I would love full reset for your character but you get some kind of profit, like upgrading a weapon or something, for example more speed or damage for a weapon... or another way is to get better stats for the class you want to be.
So prestiging in a way? I think CRGP has somthing like that with a looming system.
I do not deny that a full reset would upset many people.  Neither do I believe that a full reset is the best solution.  That is why I would definitely wait until after the next patch before even considering it.  I would argue, though, that it is not just those with legendaries who are losing interest.

Regarding a prestige system, I am not familiar with any games that have the prestige system (though I have heard of some) so I don't know exactly how it works.  That said, I think it might help a bit.

I believe the best way to keep people's interest would to give them another option besides camping that does not result in them feeling it is impossible to reach Odin.  The problem is finding a way to do that without making the game too easy.
If i would pick a prestige kind of thing i would add character buff or something, like you can prestige for 1 extra classpoint or something, so you can be more classes and even more OP i dunno, maybe upgrading weapons, or buff stats when for example you go commando skirmisher lvl 52, and choose to prestige, and next time you hit commando you can use your "prestige point" and then you can add like 1 PS, 10 wpf or something.