Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
(21-03-2015, 04:37 PM)Slayer link Wrote: [quote author=project1moon link=topic=24687.msg225892#msg225892 date=1426951823]
[quote author=Bobo link=topic=24687.msg225889#msg225889 date=1426950341]
(so I guess donators are most welcome Smile).
only problem with that there's no insensitive to donate past 5 euros/dollars because everything past it is only paying for a suggestion that the devs don't even look at anymore
[/quote]

Correct, for personal gain that is.

[/quote]
nothing i said was about personal gain....you pay to give a suggestion which the devs don't/barely even look at anymore
it's miss leading also saying  "so we can reward you with cool stuff!"
they make it seem like there's personal gain
1.3.15-studded gauntlets
Should even the devs be making money on donations then what is wrong about it? They did and they do a hell of work to give us the mod that we enjoy. We should respect that and be gratful. Just think what money everyone of us payed for different games and how many of them are better than NI and in how many we've spent more time than here... On everything we buy someone profits and we don't see anything wrong in that. I'd gladly buy NI at double M&B price.

But I think it goes off topic...
Lets get back to the Original topic= Nerf of kiting once Again. I have to Agree with Josh, its been nerfed enough now, low xp, Low loot and harder bots ( shotgun sniper on rag). Pls let us have at least a bit of our former kiting fun, people enjoy this let then have at least the Taste of memories of it. I still havent Managed go Understand why it is so Bad
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Quote: link=topic=24687.msg225925#msg225925 date=1426975839]
Lets get back to the Original topic= Nerf of kiting once Again. I have to Agree with Josh, its been nerfed enough now, low xp, Low loot and harder bots ( shotgun sniper on rag). Pls let us have at least a bit of our former kiting fun, people enjoy this let then have at least the Taste of memories of it. I still havent Managed go Understand why it is so Bad
I completely agree with Assassine and madjosh.
    I have changed my stance on this topic= I used to be all for a nerf(not removal) of kiting, which was done very well in patches including and directly following 7.0. People could still kite and have their fun if they enjoyed it, but the loot and xp they gained(one of the main reasons why people were against it) was lowered to the point where kiting became more of a test of skill and a chance for fun than a way to get rich quick.
    Removing an entire playstyle is not the way to make the game more team orientated. Rather than punishing people who kite and want to play alone(thereby alienating part of the community to the point that they can make a 9 page topic on why its such an issue that its being targeted), try and look for ways to encourage teamwork. Kiting CAN be a team effort, but because of the restrictions that have been placed upon it(smaller maps, random dead ends, harder bots, and more 1-way maps), people have not been encouraged to stop kiting, but to do it in even smaller groups.
    I used to see 6-10 people kiting together, using their abilities and cooperation to beat the game. Now, kiting groups that large, even when stacked with strong players, only hold a team back.
    Should all maps be made kiteable and ridiculously easy? No. But should good, well made maps be scattered with blockades simply to prevent people from playing how they want? No again. As for the argument that kiting exploits the AI and its inability to behave in a proper way, what about making a wall of cades and shields and then whacking an entire wave of enemies in the head over and over again because they are unable to jump over the 1 foot tall wall 2 steps to their left? Is that not exploiting their behaviour?
    Teamwork is not limited to sitting at a shield wall and slashing through a 1 inch hole and shooting at stationary enemies, teamwork means to work as a team to achieve a goal, whether kiting, or shielding.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
When people start fighting together and are more organized instead of fighting alone, the game will become a lot easier. You just need to find people willing to co-operate, then you'll be able to pass the toughest waves. Unfortunently the problem is people usually are too hungry for kills and don't work together, so when there's a wave that should have been fought as a group, they instead all wipe. You are perfectly free to go ahead and try to kite, but Remember that your just one person, your NOT meant to go and fight 100's Nords on your own. Else Swadia would have won long ago if it were possible.

Also yes, the current combat system can be improved, barricading as it is now lacks and real team effort beyond standing there with a shield up with a case to your left/right. If it were possible I would like to see actual shield walls or cohesive fighting groups, but that's not going to happen anytime soon since we're all only aiming to get loot or the most kills instead of trying to get through the game alive.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(21-03-2015, 11:05 PM)Looter link Wrote: ...Remember that your just one person...
But as I stated, these changes seem to have only encouraged smaller team, if not solo, kites. When larger groups (aka: groups that "start fighting together and are more organized instead of fighting alone") kite, they fit your definition of a team as "people willing to co-operate"
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
(21-03-2015, 11:13 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: [quote author=Looter link=topic=24687.msg225931#msg225931 date=1426979147]
...Remember that your just one person...
But as I stated, these changes seem to have only encouraged smaller team, if not solo, kites. When larger groups (aka: groups that "start fighting together and are more organized instead of fighting alone") kite, they fit your definition of a team as "people willing to co-operate"
[/quote]

Yes that's true, and as I said the game can be improved so we'll have to see if the developers can make the correct balanced changes or not. I want something that bars the lone person from kiting large groups of nords on his own, but would be doable if there's a group of people to watch your back.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(21-03-2015, 11:14 PM)Looter link Wrote: [quote author=FV_HappyMonk3y99 link=topic=24687.msg225933#msg225933 date=1426979603]
...I want something that bars the lone person from kiting large groups of nords on his own, but would be doable if there's a group of people to watch your back.
[/quote]
Fair enough
(21-03-2015, 11:02 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote:
I completely agree with Assassine and madjosh.
    I have changed my stance on this topic= I used to be all for a nerf(not removal) of kiting, which was done very well in patches including and directly following 7.0. People could still kite and have their fun if they enjoyed it, but the loot and xp they gained(one of the main reasons why people were against it) was lowered to the point where kiting became more of a test of skill and a chance for fun than a way to get rich quick.
    Removing an entire playstyle is not the way to make the game more team orientated. Rather than punishing people who kite and want to play alone(thereby alienating part of the community to the point that they can make a 9 page topic on why its such an issue that its being targeted), try and look for ways to encourage teamwork. Kiting CAN be a team effort, but because of the restrictions that have been placed upon it(smaller maps, random dead ends, harder bots, and more 1-way maps), people have not been encouraged to stop kiting, but to do it in even smaller groups.
    I used to see 6-10 people kiting together, using their abilities and cooperation to beat the game. Now, kiting groups that large, even when stacked with strong players, only hold a team back.
    Should all maps be made kiteable and ridiculously easy? No. But should good, well made maps be scattered with blockades simply to prevent people from playing how they want? No again. As for the argument that kiting exploits the AI and its inability to behave in a proper way, what about making a wall of cades and shields and then whacking an entire wave of enemies in the head over and over again because they are unable to jump over the 1 foot tall wall 2 steps to their left? Is that not exploiting their behaviour?
    Teamwork is not limited to sitting at a shield wall and slashing through a 1 inch hole and shooting at stationary enemies, teamwork means to work as a team to achieve a goal, whether kiting, or shielding.
[/quote]

That. Thanks Monkey, I share this point of view. It's just in finding the right balance between what can be achieved by teamwork only and a personal effort. Both should have proper place in game.

However, I'd like to suggest just to be patient. When things change with consecutive updates they may go a bit off-balance this way or the other each time but there is no good way to find the proper balance without making changes and testing results. The testing just takes place while we play and afterwards we put forward our opinions (like what we are just doing). I'm quite sure devs take them into deep consideration.
alright, here is a suggestion from my side: what about we introduce 1-2 server with some of former cool maps ( TFD.. etc) but instead of of xp and loot from bots, we have a reward at the end of each wave( depending on the number of players in the server and increased the higher wave you get). Excluded from this are the bosses ofc, those can still drop mats/ legendaries. This way the argument of too fast progression through loot is avoided and players still have the fun/ challenge to get as far as they can and get a reward for it. It also elimintes the fact if someone is out of range of the xp range that usually comes along with the xp per bot, this way, we dont have someone crying that he didnt get xp. For the boss Xp i am unsure if i should be over the whole map or just in the regular range? Opinions?
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted