Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
Have you considered writing a poem collection?
Die Eier von Satan!
Und keine Eier!
Ha ha ha ha....
Malong in lead IMHO.
Anyone else feels Shake it Shake it Shakespeare?
Btw :

Had Shakespeare got himself Snake Spear crafted
with the mats that he got when he kited?
He threw Pilums and ran and Nords trembled
now he's got bow and snipes them while caded
Okey, I already told it once that stay in subject or I will lock this down.

Locking.
I gave you guys one more chance. No more offtopic with those shitty poems.

Maybe the off topic posts should be deleted. The "Killing In The Name Of" parody lyrics didn't even match the meter, rhythm, nor rhyme scheme of the actual song.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.06.13)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Since all of the servers are usually not occupied why not change some over into kiting servers. Just put in some kiting maps into the rotation, lower the drop rate, and set the player limit to like 5 so that when not many people are online people can go play on those servers.
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023819565/

Loots
Ancient Greatsword - 2015-08-27
Fang of Fenrir x2 - 2015-10-15 (within 30 seconds of eachother)
Volundr Greatsword - 2024-06-06
Naval Glaive - 2024-06-08
Rebellion - 2024-06-08
(30-04-2015, 10:41 PM)Mr Killer link Wrote: Since all of the servers are usually not occupied why not change some over into kiting servers. Just put in some kiting maps into the rotation, lower the drop rate, and set the player limit to like 5 so that when not many people are online people can go play on those servers.
Yea suggested that like half a year ago
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
No need for designated kiting servers imo.  The drops/gold/xp have been nerfed so much already and bots have been made a decent amt harder in rag.  Just take away the obvious kite nerfs to some of the maps so that people can have fun messing around and testing their skills.  I think designated kite servers with low player limits would just make people feel more excluded and would divide the community on the subject even further.
(30-04-2015, 09:27 PM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: I beg to differ.
It's just fact. "Forces" rhymes with "crosses," your replacement choices ("bent swords" and "bear furs") don't rhyme. The corresponding words aren't even the same meter either, since the break between syllables is shorter than the break between words.

Anyways, on the topic of kiting, the claims that shield walls are more teamwork is a logical fallacy. Just because there's fewer people does not mean that there is any less cooperation and teamwork. It may just be that it's less apparent because with a full server you have more resources (players) such that you assign specific players to dedicated roles. With fewer resources (players), each resource has to have a higher impact. This manifests itself such that while kiting, everyone has to take on multiple roles and individually, on a simplified level, use more effort and play more efficiently.

Also this:
(11-12-2014, 04:47 PM)Malong link Wrote: Quick preface: I didn't kite before the patch, and I don't kite now. The nerf was a bad and unnecessarily indirect way to discouraging kiting. For example, they could have just further decreased the strength of ranged weapons, the armor and absorption of ranged classes (if they are to be glass cannons), the speed and maneuverability of ranged classes, or any of the mix of the previous.

Beyond that, the complaint that solo players received all the rewards from their kills is and was always nonsensical. If any player does all the work and killing, they should have gotten all the rewards from their kills. But for some reason, this logic doesn't carry over to NI, and the borderline envy of the players that were able to handle bots on their own without other players somehow won out.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.06.13)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I believe we all agree many players in this thread and some others concerning kiting expressed their support for it giving pretty good reasons (e.g. what can one do if servers are not populated atm and cades / shieldwall way of play is simply not possible). All in all I think it is just enough reason to keep it as an important part of gameplay that kiting is being found funny and entertaining by many and they just want to do it. No need for any other arguments since any game stands simply for the fun of the players.

PS1: any arguments concerning lone kiters getting rewarded with XP or loots more than players on full server seem to simply result from envy. Guys, do not envy those who made money or got themselves lucky with legendaries. Just play the game for fun and money comes anyway, no need to focus on that.
PS2. I'm not a kiter myself, not good enough to be successful with that. Still I find it has its place in this mod.