Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Yarr! Map Updates!
(08-10-2012, 04:48 PM)Revan link Wrote:[quote author=Hypernoma link=topic=3197.msg54547#msg54547 date=1349714395]
Once things stabilise a bit the drop rates may possibly change again...
I find the constant crashes at later waves more troublesome than low drop rates or map nerfs. Is there any news on that?
[/quote]
I agree. Crashes are very frequent, especially in the event.
I actually love the update it made my day:
<19:51:48> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Maroon".
<19:51:49> Channel group "Member" was assigned to "Jack Sparrow" by "Fred".
I like the fact the devs are trying to make the game tactics more than just camp in one spot on two/three maps only but now no one wants to play those maps on hard mode because its not possible to get more than three waves before you are entirly destroyed by the sheer numbers of hard hitting two handed weapons or one handed axes that seem to cut straight through armour.

Mainly because unless you have 10+ shielders the bots will always just go around the wall and hit you in the back it also means that once again you will have two group not sharing exp and rewards due to the assist exp range.

Just trying to add my opinion ^_^
Quote:_Gwenhywfar link=topic=3197.msg54642#msg54642 date=1349742415]
I like the fact the devs are trying to make the game tactics more than just camp in one spot on two/three maps only but now no one wants to play those maps on hard mode because its not possible to get more than three waves before you are entirly destroyed by the sheer numbers of hard hitting two handed weapons or one handed axes that seem to cut straight through armour.

Mainly because unless you have 10+ shielders the bots will always just go around the wall and hit you in the back it also means that once again you will have two group not sharing exp and rewards due to the assist exp range.

Just trying to add my opinion ^_^

Well you might just think it's your opinion, but it is shared by others and this is the kind of constructive review devs need Wink
(08-10-2012, 02:04 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:NordInvasion became too easy and too many legendaries were looted in the past weeks. It was super rare before, and going to Prince was something that would happen only once or twice in a week, not every hour.

When you,re low level, you're not suposed to make it to Prince. Prince and Odin were always suposed to be the ultimate goal to reach and was almost impossible , only the most skilled players could make it there. Now anyone can camp easily past commander as long as you have 1 good shielder and 1 good slasher. You guys would be crying so much if we were back in the days where we'd barely make it to Captain. Hell was it fun to fight intensely than just camping behind a shield.
While I'm by no means an old player I do remember back when I was a red shirt. The days when we died on Skrims about half the time and were lucky to get past those bloody mercenary Zelihanders. I probably played this mod for about a month and a half before I saw prince.  I'd have to say it was a much harder game at the time but it was alot more fun to play, As you really had to work together and try new stuff to beat each wave. I'm by no means A fan of the recent updates but I agree that the maps need to be a bit harder and the tactics changed to counter the new difficulties. As a new or low level player trust me when I say its a much better feeling to play the game for 3 weeks before getting to prince than to get to prince 6 times a day. It makes you work towards a goal and when you accomplish it the feeling is amazing. Besides getting to Odin and prince so often just bores the hell of of many of the older players who can literally run around on normal until vet pikes or so. Anyway enough of this, let's pull up our panties and get to slaying some nords.
hehe, i finally get to say this  :Smile

well, back in my day, oh 8-9 months ago when this game was practically still in it inception, with only four maps and none of them with camping. shield walling was an alien term used only by the higher elites of the game (sphinx, clickeverywhere in his super cool banded armour[was the thing back then], coldness, and others i cant remember) leveling was much harder and gold only came when you killed something or got a really lucky drop. we were lucky to get on a pub server that was able to get past skirms, let alone troopers. the people who defeated prince went into the lore of nordinvasion as mighty heros that would never be forgotten. for those that could make it beyond the 4th wave of hard mode you were a hero, and those few gods who made it all the way to teleporting tricksters.

when i think about this I laugh about how difficult it was but also realized just how much fun it was. the rush of adrenaline as your fellow swadians died around you knowing that your death was near as well. I actually miss those times, hard as they were. this is why I laugh at all the whining of people these days saying how its too hard to win now that we cant just spam behind a shield wall and afk while other people do hard work. 

so, like mr file said, pull up your panites boys, or even better get your big boy pants on and look for better ways to slay the nords. and have fun while doing it.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
I remember when people were coming on IRC screaming "We made it to Tyr!" Back then there wasn't even a wave for Odin (or at least not even Devs could make it to him with rez tomes).

Remember village ? You had archers in the middle and heavy inf around to defend  (even though cavs wasn't removed, no one had enough assist XP to be one Tongue). We were "fencing" to survive, but when we were overrun , it didnt really matter lol.

But point is, we died far more often , but man was it more fun and when you'd make it far, you were so damn proud about it.
(09-10-2012, 03:01 AM)Wolfsblood link Wrote:hehe, i finally get to say this  :Smile

well, back in my day, oh 8-9 months ago when this game was practically still in it inception, with only four maps and none of them with camping. shield walling was an alien term used only by the higher elites of the game (sphinx, clickeverywhere in his super cool banded armour[was the thing back then], coldness, and others i cant remember) leveling was much harder and gold only came when you killed something or got a really lucky drop. we were lucky to get on a pub server that was able to get past skirms, let alone troopers. the people who defeated prince went into the lore of nordinvasion as mighty heros that would never be forgotten. for those that could make it beyond the 4th wave of hard mode you were a hero, and those few gods who made it all the way to teleporting tricksters.

when i think about this I laugh about how difficult it was but also realized just how much fun it was. the rush of adrenaline as your fellow swadians died around you knowing that your death was near as well. I actually miss those times, hard as they were. this is why I laugh at all the whining of people these days saying how its too hard to win now that we cant just spam behind a shield wall and afk while other people do hard work. 

so, like mr file said, pull up your panites boys, or even better get your big boy pants on and look for better ways to slay the nords. and have fun while doing it.

AGREED! GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(09-10-2012, 04:09 AM)Jarold link Wrote:AGREED! GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!

Jarold should get the sarcasm medal.
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
(09-10-2012, 03:01 AM)Wolfsblood link Wrote:hehe, i finally get to say this  :Smile

Again, I do not object to the map changes, and everyone server-jumping and flocking to Outskirts was quite annoying, but to say "man up and don't get your panties in a knot" is making things a bit too easy. Not only does it make you sound like an old fart who says "When I was your age, young man, I was walking 20 miles to school. Barefoot. In winter. While working two jobs. Simultaneously." It also doesn't take into account the people who never knew those "old times" and are now a bit shell-shocked.

So to summarize: While I support the map changes and am sure the Devs know what they are doing, I think it would calm down and reassure parts of the community if there was some more communication going on. But that's just my two cents.
My NI drinking game proposal:

kill last -> do a shot
kill last on spawn wave -> do two shots
tome a wraith -> do a shot
tome three wraiths -> do two shots
barrel the boss -> down the bottle