Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Brace pikes for infantry, building a phalanx
Hello,
Since this is a teamwork based mod it would be cool if pikes get the ability to get braced, like in some mods for M&B
so we could build a phalanx and help archers against Cavalry even more and if we got much pikes we could build a phalanx (wall array, with long pikes)
What he said!
Damn I approve so much, please consider this, devs.
That's a great idea, but wouldn't players form a "noob square" of pikes? That would take all the challenge and fun out of the game right, because they would techinically be invulnerable, and AI isn't advanced enough (I don't think) to be able to hit the weak points in the phalanx or atack from flanks. They'd probably just charge straight at it. Shield walls can already be formed, and I think that's quite enough. But if you have any further suggestions on how to counter these issues, I want to hear them. This could be one of the best things to ever come to NI if perfected.
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.
Well if infantry walks into them they have to get unbraced after they runned in them for some seconds (and since it makes only 0-4 dmg for infantry this shouldnt be hell of a problem, since there are a lot of rangers (and javelineers) on hard mode

So since u cant use a shield while bracing they are vulvernable to arrows

another way to solve it is if Horse have a charge value over 30 they can crush-trough phalanx

or give all bots (from wave 5 on) war darts
yeah a pike brace would not let you use a shield, making you very vulnerable to archers. The pike brace should also do next to no damage to infantry (as others have mentioned) so it makes it pretty hard for players just to fort up.
(12-02-2012, 05:55 PM)Kriegstofu link Wrote: Well if infantry walks into them they have to get unbraced after they runned in them for some seconds (and since it makes only 0-4 dmg for infantry this shouldnt be hell of a problem, since there are a lot of rangers (and javelineers) on hard mode

So since u cant use a shield while bracing they are vulvernable to arrows

another way to solve it is if Horse have a charge value over 30 they can crush-trough phalanx

or give all bots (from wave 5 on) war darts
Giving all bots throw weapons in hard is almost already a reality.  Giving them all something to throw sounds wrong.  Bad idea.
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
well if you cant use a phalanx on infantry then (since there is only 3 weapon slots) then most people wont use pikes
Anyone wanna craft my Bear armor..?
There has to be dinstict playstyles in each class to increase tactical variety. Two-handed lawnmowers served their purpose, shield-bearers love their picks and swords, poleaxes are dangerously powerful outdoors, axes crush through everything, but pikes or spears seemed to be lacking any sort of tactical advantage since they're both slow and inefficent in close quarters, even when fighting against calvary, they seem hopelessly weak compared to two-handed jump attacks. They need an effective use against calvary, and considering calvary hordes are uncommon but definitely harder than the other waves, then pike bracing does serve its purpose here.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
this would be great idea
IGN: CC_King_Hot_Dog, CC_Earl_Hot_Dog, CC_Lord_Hot_Dog, CC_Baron_Hot_Dog, CC_Count_Hot_Dog

Legendarys I have found: Sunpike