Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Attempting my first map :)
Im currently working on a Map.

Senuzgda Castle

Gonna Log on MB when i get home, and take a tour in the courtyard and get the details from it., and transform it to a NI Map Smile

So the Idea is a Siege/castle map., whit some green/open area Infront. (all again depending on what i see ingame Smile gonna copy as much as i can, lower it down, fit it for AI's and hopefully get something good out of it)

Been reading the forums good true., and i think I have taken the most things into my progress.
Such as....

Archer/Cav/Inf Freindly (both AI/Players)
Ammoboxes/shrine/soup placed, not to far/short from spawn/action
Barricades placement options
Overwatch for Archers
Narrow/wide areas for Inf
Open area for Cav

First attempt ever., never done any maps for MB/MBW/MB-Mods, but alot before, for such as Delta Force:Black Hawk Down, Battlefield 1942 and Arma/Flashpoint.

So i have Confidence Big Grin

But if some have some good start up pointers, ideas., ect, plz feel free to share Smile
If you need help with mapping, hop on to teamspeak.gk-server.us and I'll help out.
Thx m8, ill do that if needed Big Grin Gonna take a look when i get home, and use the guide here from forum. Big Grin
Yep. I don't get back until 5:00pm EST.
Off the mark, you will have to be careful about using stairs. Cav have a huge problem with it so ramps tend to be a better solution.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
That is noted., allready ahead Smile Read former maps/pointers Smile

There will also be 2 Seige towers leading up to wall 2 places., to make sure cav can come in. Also i seen cav get up some stairs on some maps on the servers Smile I will note it, and make sure to have it whit me, when i build later today, after i get home from work Smile
Just place barriers over your stairs so it acts as a ramp to allow cav up easily.
(23-02-2012, 01:30 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Off the mark, you will have to be careful about using stairs. Cav have a huge problem with it so ramps tend to be a better solution.

Or you can a barrier to the stairs to reduce the need of a ramp? That or you can stretch out the stairs to see if it works?
Thx for heads up Smile