Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map rotation idea.
Hey, it's me again with another idea I just thought up.

Basically, with all these new user submitted maps coming through. I have thought of a fairly simple (I hope) map rotation idea.

So, instead of playing on the same maps and releasing one or two new ones every patch, what the development team would do is collect an archive of many worthy maps. I know there are a lot of talented map makers out there, as the contest proved and I think it would be a good idea to get more people into submitting content.

Then, every month or so, with the release of a new patch. A selection of these maps would be chosen from the archive so there are constantly maps being changed.

This will achieve several things.

Firstly, people won't get bored with the same old maps that are always played.
Secondly, it would encourage diversity of play, for example. People can't just grind the same old strategy on the same map all the time.
Thirdly, it would encourage more people to submit maps as there would be a higher chance of getting it into the game.

The maps would always be in the archive so in several months time they would be recycled and available to play again.

Thoughts and comments?
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Interesting idea, but do we have enough maps to support this? Currently NordInvasion is an unpopular mod for talented mappers to go to, because of the rumor that the maps get edited without mapper's permission. Which I'm hoping this won't happen to me.

Also rumors say that some maps submitted were not accepted either.
(22-02-2012, 11:37 PM)Sighvatr link Wrote: Interesting idea, but do we have enough maps to support this? Currently NordInvasion is an unpopular mod for talented mappers to go to, because of the rumor that the maps get edited without mapper's permission. Which I'm hoping this won't happen to me.

Also rumors say that some maps submitted were not accepted either.
Read this thread: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...489.0.html
It can be edited if it realy needs it.

(22-02-2012, 04:54 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: Hey, it's me again with another idea I just thought up.

Basically, with all these new user submitted maps coming through. I have thought of a fairly simple (I hope) map rotation idea.

So, instead of playing on the same maps and releasing one or two new ones every patch, what the development team would do is collect an archive of many worthy maps. I know there are a lot of talented map makers out there, as the contest proved and I think it would be a good idea to get more people into submitting content.

Then, every month or so, with the release of a new patch. A selection of these maps would be chosen from the archive so there are constantly maps being changed.

This will achieve several things.

Firstly, people won't get bored with the same old maps that are always played.
Secondly, it would encourage diversity of play, for example. People can't just grind the same old strategy on the same map all the time.
Thirdly, it would encourage more people to submit maps as there would be a higher chance of getting it into the game.

The maps would always be in the archive so in several months time they would be recycled and available to play again.

Thoughts and comments?
Too much work. I need to spend hours with checking/testing custom maps before I let them in mod.
Also what comes to "old boring" maps, I have been updating them lately.