Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Horse health & speed
Now, if your horse is seriously injured, it won't gallop anymore...

You say "no" to my proposal to reduce great swords' speed, and take karma off me, but you do this to horses? Realism balance is weird in this mod.

When you are wounded, you can keep running. You are not forced to walk, like horses now. When your horse is injured you are screwed because you can't escape, and, if you get off your hose, you are screwed too.

Please think about removing this annoying feature.
(29-02-2012, 04:31 PM)Patoson link Wrote:Realism balance is weird in this mod

There is none, only game balance.
So why has this happened? Infantry and archers couldn't stop crying about cavalry stealing their kills, so cav got nerfed? C'mon...
It seems all other cav players are happy enough with the balance just now. Active players never moaned about cav stealing kills, only kiting and wasting time... This feature will not be changed.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Ah... I should have picked a mod whose devs play as cav...  Tongue
(29-02-2012, 05:51 PM)Patoson link Wrote:Ah... I should have picked a mod whose devs play as cav...  Tongue

I saw Hande on a horse many times, i guess he's a cav?!
Anyway, i think this is not because ppl cried about cav but it's related to cav soloing tons of bots on certain map.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
I'm going to be extremely unprofessional for a bit here, but hey this is my hobby and I'm not a professional so there you go.

(29-02-2012, 05:51 PM)Patoson link Wrote:Ah... I should have picked a mod whose devs play as cav...  Tongue

This is without a doubt the stupidest thing I ever read when it comes to game complaints. "Devs don't play this or devs only play that!!1"

I play everything myself and so does Hande and Hyper. Personally I even make new characters quite often to go trough the stages and get a feel for the gameplay. Silly remarks like this don't get you anywhere, if you want to actually make us consider something then write a proper post, not simple one liners about how stupid you think something is.

The horse speed reduction was placed in way back. Cavalry was extremely overpowered in their soloing capability as well as big delayers. We also had issues with Cavalry herding big groups of mobs with little to no risk. This change forced Cavalry to be more careful and think more about their actions.

As for comparison to walking as you put it, look at the other classes. Archers have to go back and get new arrows just like cavalry has to go heal their horse. Infantry sacrifices themselves a lot more by being engaged in melee constantly and have to go get health quite frequently, if they can even get out alive when the going gets rough.

I'm locking this thread since I don't see anything productive coming out of it. If you want to discuss the issue dig up one of the bunch of other posts made about it.