Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: like the idea
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
60.00%
15 60.00%
no
4.00%
1 4.00%
yes but it need some adjustments
24.00%
6 24.00%
neutral
12.00%
3 12.00%
dont matter what the outcome will become
0%
0 0%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

shared loot system
This sounds interesting. I like the idea and I like anything that promotes team work.

There is always going to be leachers, but thats where the admin team comes in to keep the servers clean  8)
"And it goes a little something like this..."
Leechers don't last long in later waves anyway. They may even die as early as the sixth wave, and then it would only become worse for them.

This also makes me think about the shielders in hardmode. Simply put, I never get any loot. Ever. All the money and pure experience usually ends up being with the snipers and swingers. Despite my necessary task, there's little to no reward for it.
Captain_Stoogey
(04-03-2012, 03:40 PM)Pandabomber link Wrote:Leechers don't last long in later waves anyway. They may even die as early as the sixth wave, and then it would only become worse for them.

This also makes me think about the shielders in hardmode. Simply put, I never get any loot. Ever. All the money and pure experience usually ends up being with the snipers and swingers. Despite my necessary task, there's little to no reward for it.

Agree!

Im always pis**** at people when i do a round of shielding and i say i will swing this time. They say i have better skill u dont know anything how to swing or GOSHIELDER NOW! Thats where i start to hate the mod it self because of people being greedy for a freaking legendary where in the mod even the ELite scimitar it self is still good for an amount of damage, no one can just swing all the time take it in turns, and teamwork will be implemented to help the gameplay of the mod it self. I wish that archers get some balance! I would say if archer shoots and kill a guy the loot will plit the chance. like if it was 0.15% i would do it 0.075% for a chance of loot so people not olny use snipers and kill everything in hardode before swingers and shielders kill something themselfs.

It would help the mod this case.
A shared loot system would make the mod awesome. Iam sure we all want and need it. Even our archers need it. Because they cant protect themself  Tongue
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Shared loot/XP definitely needs to be setup. It people are kiting for archers, you get nothing. If you're a shield wall, you only get shared XP, but not loot or gold (or quest points). If you are an infantry playing backup, you get nothing until your positions gets overrun, where you get killed by the horde (as a recent startup, I've died too many times this way and then just sit around till the much higher level players finish their marathon).

One idea (not sure how workable), would be to spread the XP loot around at the end of the round.  Put it all into a pot that gets spread at the end of the round if you survive (not sure how to protect from leechers/afk). This would work especailly well with gold.

Another option might to just make all of the XP generic with it earned by being near the kill or doing the killing. Then you could use it for whatever conversion you want.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(07-03-2012, 01:10 AM)TeutonJon78 link Wrote:Shared loot/XP definitely needs to be setup. It people are kiting for archers, you get nothing. If you're a shield wall, you only get shared XP, but not loot or gold (or quest points). If you are an infantry playing backup, you get nothing until your positions gets overrun, where you get killed by the horde (as a recent startup, I've died too many times this way and then just sit around till the much higher level players finish their marathon).

One idea (not sure how workable), would be to spread the XP loot around at the end of the round.  Put it all into a pot that gets spread at the end of the round if you survive (not sure how to protect from leechers/afk). This would work especailly well with gold.

Another option might to just make all of the XP generic with it earned by being near the kill or doing the killing. Then you could use it for whatever conversion you want.

the first idea of you isn't really handy for exp but for gold however combined with the gold mechanism that we have now would make it a good implement. With give players a minimal amount of gold but still lured by the gold from kills from enemy's (which count as a countermeasure against lechers and afk's)

and the 2nd idea.. well I'm happy how it is now but i can understand that for cavalry and beginning archers its annoying so wy not make it something optional like a option where you can say if you want assist exp for kills instead of the normal class exp
second idea

the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
moderators and developers what do you guys think about this and if agreed with the people here could it be inpleded

* ps i didn't vote and i don't do in my own polls
the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
We implemented it yesterday.  Wink