Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Salvage higher tier materials
Okay so here is my idea:

How about you could salvage hardened metal for example to 4x metal.
Same for sturdy wood or heavy cloth. This would do something about the massive lack most of metal, while still keeping the worth of the higher materials. This would maybe also make more people play hard-mode. I believe many are just grinding raw materials in normal mode.
This process could be available for all crafting classes and maybe give also 10xp like the other raw material recipes. What do you think about it? Of course the final recipe and the amount of materials you get is debatable...
Well, once people hit 39, they no longer can acquire the lower level materials by normal means, and they have to use the AH or trade for them. But I do see what you're getting at - This would give higher leveled players a way to acquire those low level materials without sacrificing their wallet to the AH gods. It's a good idea, although the effect it would have on the AH, as well as how many materials would be acquired from breaking one down should be considered.
Captain_Stoogey
i think its not good to give only 10xp since crafting at lvl12 with these materials give 75 or 150 xp
around 50xp would be nice, and it should be possible at lvl 10 of each profession

for example blacksmith: lvl4 steel lvl8 black steel lvl 10 salvage hardened metal lvl12 use hardened metal