Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Feeling useless in Hard mode!
Also , IF is already 10 as command
maybe commando's would get 50-60 str

But only 3-4 PS because str adds up damage so much

= Commandos have more hp and still dont onehit bots 7
= Profit !
I agree with many of the statements here. I find myself enjoying Normal mode more on my commando just because hard mode is too hard on infantry. I just have to bear the fact I don't get any drops on normal.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(05-03-2012, 02:45 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: I agree with many of the statements here. I find myself enjoying Normal mode more on my commando just because hard mode is too hard on infantry. I just have to bear the fact I don't get any drops on normal.

Likewise. Its a catch 22 situation - you want to enjoy the game and get kills in but also you want drops..so what do you do?
"And it goes a little something like this..."
Thanks for your help MrG. The new patch makes the decision easy. I only say, one hit kill of a veteran huscular with the new thunder lance (55p)....
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
I only recently re-specialized to Commando (going Cav for what little melee oriented stats I can scrap together for the rest of it), and I'm already tired of being a meatshield or, in general, being useless. The developers aren't a fan of the closed-in shieldwall on any of the small corridor maps like Town (which nobody likes anymore), so what exactly is my role if the other two classes can achieve anything I do more efficiently, if the shieldwall isn't allowed?

That's literally all I could do on maps like those - no room to maneuver, and you fight most of the enemy at once. Even on the more open ones like Village, when I have some room to move around, there's nothing stopping the knights from kiting a giant mob of Nords and having the snipers pick them off. Approaching that mob to draw one away from the pack so I can contribute somewhat is still a risky affair; Ranged anything will headshot me from anywhere, or nobody can or will save my ass from drawing 5 Nords that run faster than I do.

Infantry is in a poor state and no longer fills any role on the field. The closest one I can think of is maybe shielding an archer on one of their blind sides. But that being all I can do? Might as well be a red shirt on normal mode, I'm more useful there.
Captain_Stoogey
Hey as one of the few commandos who isnt respeced(yet :/ ) i also agree everything beeing said here. I dont get it, if its because of us not being able to solo waves ourselves then why cavalry can circle around and kill easily alone? Why archers can kite if they have room and again can soloplay(i am not mentioning they are always the ones who have the most kills all the time), and why we commandos can only be meat-shield who die as fast as others?

You guys want us to be meat-shields? Then make us meatshields, not a paper soldier who dies as quick as others. As a commando i dont want more damage than others (remember thunder lance-1hit killing as OneEyE said), but i want to have something special as other classes have. Make me more durable, make me hard to kill so i can have an advantage as others have. Arent infantry suppose to be "best" fighters and survivors on ground? Right now all we can do hide with archers and wait while cavalry and archers do the killing. And if mobs come close we are dead as fast as other classes on foot, thats not right Sad.

If we need more balance, then maybe we should check all the new players on normal servers - half of them are cavalry while the other half are archers with some infantry mixture(%10?). Infantry need some love; thats my personal opinion as a commando, thanks for reading Smile.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
Quote:You guys want us to be meat-shields? Then make us meatshields, not a paper soldier
Well said.
Knights have heaps of survivability already because of their horse and archers have quite a lot as well because of their athletics.
Commando's currently have least durability, which doesn't quite make sense. Of course, they can be shielders better than anyone else, but that rarely/never gives them an opportunity to swing back.
I attacked a Jotne with a jav in his hands. He crushed through my shield with his jav and killed me with one hit ... lol
Its a big joke isnt it? How can this be? Why has a jav crush through?

Without the knights we are nothing if the knights dying we all die, its always the same. We are just useless. Holding the shields up and taking the archer fire thats all we are good for at the moment.  :'(
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Shield Bash, what we need is a shield bash.

And possibly, even Pike bracing.

That would bring the fun and love for the infantry again.

But all in all, the current class structure is hard to adapt, and needs an overhaul. With so many different updates from the game, some classes tend to fall behind others at some point.

If the 3 main classes divide into more, say, specializations, that would certainly give more options for the player to suit his combat style, be it a light-foot infantry with max athletics or a heavy armoured crossbowman(Which I find it solely lacking of any love at all) or a pure lancer.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I say give commando 0 PS , yes i know how that sounds like

BUT

Extend Str cap to 120.