Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Feeling useless in Hard mode!
The problem with just extending the strength cap, and removing PS is that it means that archers and cavalry can basically do the same damage as commandos, and will have around the same hp.

(In fact, it would mean cavalry would deal more damage than infantry, because they have power strike)

Increasing strength/agility caps based on class progression might be workable though.
I think he meant exclusively for commandos :p.

It might be a good idea though, remove powerstrike, and increase str cap for all classes, but make commandos have the highest cap, followed by knights and then rangers.

Personally I think there should be some very high armour commando exclusives. For example the plate armour is highly expensive, but worse than banded mail. I suggest its made commando only and has improved stats, possibly around 70 armour.

I think at the current time commandos are easily the hardest class to play, though I have seen commandos solo multiple waves in a row (not as easily as knights though Tongue). I haven't seen an archer do that though...maybe they need a buff too xD.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Oh, here's a short anecdote:

Beach Assault, 5th wave, with one other player, a knight. A couple of Veteran Shock Troopers are coming at me. I picked up a couple throwing axes from the previous wave, and took out one of the horses. The other Shock Trooper then proceeded to kill me with a single sword stroke. Just one swing. I was at full health.
Captain_Stoogey
But guys.. how fun is it if evrything is balanced? from my opinion i think their should allways be an higher power, so how fun will it be when evrything is balanced we might get to wave 5 if we are lucky in hardmode... now when they have nerfed allmost evry good spot for survival, mostly teams dies at earlier waves... so its left for the knight to do the hard work! how many hardmodes have been completed without having an knight in team after the recent patch? i would guess none! the only map capable to even beat would be beach assault.
(08-03-2012, 04:47 AM)Lancelot link Wrote: But guys.. how fun is it if evrything is balanced? from my opinion i think their should allways be an higher power, so how fun will it be when evrything is balanced we might get to wave 5 if we are lucky in hardmode... now when they have nerfed allmost evry good spot for survival, mostly teams dies at earlier waves... so its left for the knight to do the hard work! how many hardmodes have been completed without having an knight in team after the recent patch? i would guess none! the only map capable to even beat would be beach assault.

Everybody should play a knight?
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
While in general I don't like to talk much about upcoming patches, as they are never set in stone and stuff doesn't always turn out like I plan. I can with certainty comfort you that the next patch will increase all Infantry only armors, on all tiers, by 50%. For now this is most likely just a band aid as we are discussing a more in-depth class re-balance.
Talk about spoiling the surprise :o Big Grin
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
This is awesome!!
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Good to hear, Worm Smile
(08-03-2012, 07:57 AM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: I can with certainty comfort you that the next patch will increase all Infantry only armors, on all tiers, by 50%.

Does that mean banded mail armor will be worse than khergit/sarranid/vaegir elite armor?