Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Feeling useless in Hard mode!
Many month ago i paid 400k on resources for my banded mail. Shit happens  ;D
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
(09-03-2012, 03:12 PM)OneEyE link Wrote: Many month ago i paid 400k on resources for my banded mail. Shit happens  ;D

I bought mine for 300k a couple of days before it crashed to 100k xD.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
i got mine crafted by a housemember Smile
how about this: Everyone has been saying that inf need strength/weps/whatever, BUT how about instead of giving new buffs you increase armor for inf just a little and make banded only inf AND (i dont know if this is possible) you make a new "mode" for infantry: phalanx fighting: you press a button and duck behind your shield, if other infantry (as many as press button)  press the button near you, you automatically lock shields together until one presses the button again(only he disengages) and if you use PIKE you can "brace" it on the ground/all cavalry that hits braced pike(s) get the equivalent damage that a spear thrust off horseback would give, and they stop in their tracks(only works on cav and not everyone has too use same weapon but must have a shield and only infantry can use this tactic)

basically it is a teamworking strategy: infantry make a line of shields and weapons(if someone brings a pike they can brace) cav works out front while archers fire from behind inf line

i havee no idea whether its possible but it sure would be a good way to balance this game

oh yes before i forget: infantry that is not bracing a pike can still hit cav when they charge and cav can still run over a guy but he gets up into the line again automatically

this would make this game fun for commandos again because as many of you know i am one of the few commandos in scarlet blade left and it has gotten very hard too do anything but since everyone would get kills and action no one can complain about being bored by not fighting or always dying because you can still rambo or hide this would just be an option like kicking
Not possible.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
fuck
Which bit of it isnt possible?
Warband mods have the ability to change and script many aspects of the game, but what Eragon is suggesting would be a change to the game engine/core mechanic of how Warband handles combat. This is simply outside the realm of the kind of changes a mod can make, and would require the developers to patch the base game to enable.

The closest thing yo that that you may have now, is that if you have a pike or other similar, long, polearm, you can do a thrust attack in to the chest of a charging horse. If it connects but doesn't kill the horse, the horse will stop dead in it's tracks and rear up, further delaying the rider on top from escaping or attacking. I know this is possible because I used to do it as a pikeman on cRPG all the time. The only problem is when preparing your thrust you won't be able to have your shield up, and it requires the player to time is attack properly; you can't simply stick your pike up and wait for the horse to run into it.
There are quite a few mods that allow pike bracing so im fairly sure that bit is do-able. They just dont have shields as well, but a deployable shield could be used to protect from arrows with a braced pike sticking through the gaps
Welp shows what I know then!