Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn
Wow wow, guys don't be that hard, it's true that we have balance issue and problems with map, but i don't feel like it's really intended.
I mean, devs are trying things, they make some tests searching for a better game, trying to find a balance between challenge and fun (without challenge it's not fun too).

Lets try to make proposal and give idea, i guess they are aware of the problem no need to moan more.

I tend to agree that maps were more fun before, but obioulsy there has been abuse : jeldan room and shield wall stack were the most that headed the devs to change map.
We need choke point to canalize the nords horde, i say canalize because no shieldwall is permanent, after boss waves almost all are destroyed.
I agree that the shieldwall stack was exploiting, but now that mats are destroying between each round there is no more reason to remove choke point.
If we take example of mountain pass there is plenty of choke point but no one goes specially far on this map.

I guess instead of removing every choke point each time players find one that devs didn't see, we should add many choke point on every map.
This would give many options to players, we will see many tactics, ppl would like many maps instead of one every time, no more unauthorized camping, and most of all : fun.

Fact is that normal mod is way harder than before, no more high level char to fight with high tier bots which mean there is no way that a char group under lvl 39 can reach knights or even troopers (most ended at skirmy)
Hard mod is just hard with the 4th first waves in circle, no way you can make something without choke point (except for cav ofc) you can have all the teamwork you want if you can't canalize bots you will be surrounded and dead.

Choke points don't have to be a gate or a small tunnels, but you need atleast an area that allow you to contain the horde, it must be reachable by ranged and fair.

I say we need official choke point!!
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
(06-03-2012, 05:17 PM)Blondin link Wrote: Choke points don't have to be a gate or a small tunnels, but you need atleast an area that allow you to contain the horde, it must be reachable by ranged and fair.

This sums it up for me.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
You know what would make choke points less boring for people?  A freaking Berzerker orc type enemy from lord of the rings. 

[Image: greg-lane-berserker.jpg]

I think there are explosive barrels now right?  How cool would that be.  Wave 4 or so when people have the choke point all barricaded up, a few sprinting bezerkers carrying explosive barrels on their backs while holding a torch run towards the choke point.  If they make it, all nearby barriers (and people) get destroyed leaving the team vulnerable.  These bezerkers could be taken out mid-sprint, but they are fast and have heavy head armor. 
Could spend less time "balancing" maps and more time balancing player classes... :|
Only as good as the man to your left and right.  See your enemies driven before you!
Looks like people are finally seeing the error of their...Well, not necessarily their, ways.

Like someone said, people wont cooperate in open areas. Hell, if they do, they will get outnumbered in any case so theres no use. Thats not how MnB works, thats not how medieval combat works. Maps like Mountain Passage (Not sure if balanced (Read: Removed)), Jeldan Citadel (Before the "balancing"), and a few others that tunneled the enemy and presented many natural chokepoints for the players were awesome, because quite simply teamwork actually gave results.

I dont know what the mod makers are thinking, are they aiming for ensuring the players have a good time and feel like they accomplish something, or if they want this to turn into a game where only masochists will find themselves happy.

Just inform me when you focus on bringing the fun back. Back in the old days this was fun as hell.
(06-03-2012, 07:41 PM)ComradeTemuzu link Wrote: Just inform me when you focus on bringing the fun back. Back in the old days this was fun as hell.

Ah yes, the old days. I was a hybrid, and I kicked some serious ass at Jeldan and Town. Now I'm just a walking huscarl shield, desperately looking for a corner or some closed in space.
Captain_Stoogey
Change Knights for throwers, increasing throwing stacks, make them break shields easily Tongue

On a more serious note, what are Knights doing anyway ? Doesnt matter if you buff/nerf anything, their role remains the same .. kiting. Kiting is long and boring, and doesnt imply any teamplay at all. Now with the new OP lances, it's over. More people will go knights and we'll see more kiting.

Choke points : It's always the same Commandos who have to shield (Mostly because there aren't many left that didnt respec Knight/Sniper) and they don't get direct XP or Drops. I see many snipers complaining but the fact is, doesnt matter if they are kiting or doing a shield wall, Snipers are getting all the XP and the best loot. Unless the drop system is fixed (Shared between the people, like many games using "party" system), why would someone bother Shielding just to get killed by Crush Through for some assist XP, but no drops.

When we do events, I share my loots with the shielders, since they got nothing,but I know many don't, and I understand why they'd get bored of shielding (press "t" + alt/tab).

To force Knights to do some real melee and help the team, they have to be on a map where they can't really use a horse, but most of the time they just leave, or an admin changes the map (private servers), so turning off poll didn't help much, except people are stuck in a map and leave the server when an assassin spawned in the wall or a bot fell due to the barricade bug.
Quote:Choke points don't have to be a gate or a small tunnels, but you need atleast an area that allow you to contain the horde, it must be reachable by ranged and fair.

I back Blondin's quote. Choke points are fun. I loved Jeldan Castle room as it reminded me of Moria and the last stand of dwarves against orcs.

If you think of any invasion, survivors tend to get together and defend one defendable spot. They don't run around the land.

Without choke points I wouldn't know what to do with deployable shields. 1 shield doesn't work but shields together work. That's the spirit of choke points: teamwork.

Dream choke point? Barricade inside a house!  ;D

P.S. sharing xp and loot would be nice for teamwork.

Peace & Love
all i can say is that im a commando, it took me a long time to be a commando, i wanted to be a commando because i could finally get legendary weapons and help in chokepoints instead of standing around aimlessly, now you do not see me playing as Eragon often, why? i dont get drops( no legendarys for me) i get mobbed by followers and die in the 4th wave, all the fun chokepoints are being taken out, so all i get to do is make another character as an archer, you will now see me ingame as Murtagh or most likely PLAYING NATIVE as Rebel_Eragon. this mod was awesome but all the fun teamwork has been taken out and its not fun anymore, chokepoints made people have fun and lower level people got to get xp for a change(they finally didnt need a month and a half to get heavy infantry) CHOKEPOINTS MAKE THE INVASION WORLD GO ROUND, this was supposed to be realistic? well guess what, in reality the middle ages had many defendable chokepoints in their towns and citys, this mod is nothing without chokepoints! i as a COMMANDO have too sit and watch cavalry get all the drops and kills

My solution: let 39 and up get drops in normal cause at the moment i dont really care about xp and no one wants infantry anymore cause unless you get lucky enough to get a good kill as a sergeant, you get no legendarys(the reason i picked infantry is because i thought i would get to use legendarys) without drops and chokepoints no one has anything too look forward to in being infantry and i am on the brink of quitting this mod because sitting for 30 minutes because i died since there is no possibility of teamwork and having time to look back on all the time i wasted trying to get legendarys by helping in all the chokepoints i possibly could and doing everything for the team so we could get far: i realized that it brought me nothing, i have no legendarys and i have to kill einherjars to get stuff in hard. WITHOUT CHOKEPOINTS THE MAPS ARE NOT FUN ANYMORE: in the rook in jeldan i was a sergeant and i had a blast just hanging out with people using teamwork and getting somewhere same on city. now i get to get mobbed and die more than recruits that are leeching
1.commandos are supposed to keep archers safe and the archers are supposed to thin the waves to make it easier for cav and inf
now all the commandos are getting mobbed and killed cause everyone goes cav and there are no defendable places for infantry anymore and since we die the archers get killed so everyone who isnt cavalry gets too watch the people that are get Drops, xp, and angry comments from dead people for half an hour
WE NEED CHOKEPOINTS AND DROPS

PLEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!
(06-03-2012, 11:53 PM)Eragon link Wrote: im a commando....i get mobbed by followers and die in the 4th wave...

You're doing something wrong, mate Tongue