Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn
Without reading everything of the above conversation, I think I get the general gist of what people are saying.

The main point as I see it here is balance.
The development team are working hard to try and add new things regularly while still keeping the game balanced, while many people would argue that the game is not balanced a statement which I would agree with (see the large numbers of people respecing to cav due to Thunder Lance Buff). The fact is that it is nearly impossible to keep a game like this balanced.

Nord Invasion by its very nature (A XP/Level system based game) encourages grinding, and as such people will look for the choke points to build shield walls to grind away. I am not privy to the thoughts of the development team. But from my angle, it looks like they are trying to remove teamwork from the game.

Lets look at two scenarios shall we;

#1: Team builds a shield wall. Everyone has to contribute to bringing shields/medic box/ammo crates. There we have teamwork. Someone has to shield while others attack, archers fire and medics heal. Yet more teamwork. Rewards are reaped by the entire team in the form of assist XP. There's the benefit to teamwork, and the grinders with 2h weapons and the archers get the drops. More benefit to teamwork.

----

#2: Team cannot build a shield wall due to lack of defensible terrain. As a result of this, a large majority of the weaker characters in the team die quickly due to being overrun. In smaller maps like Swadian City, now that shield wall building places have been removed, everyone just gets backed into a corner and swarmed one by one. On larger maps, the harder waves just result in a huge chase which results in all characters except the cavalry dying and we are back to the situation where everyone is watching one cavalry character kill everything.

By removing places where shield walls can be constructed, are you not removing the means to teamwork?

Please do tell me if I'm seeing this from the wrong angle.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by evildan - 05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Birdtalon - 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Re: Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn - by Sphinx - 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM