Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Better Immersion Proposal
Think that the maps are just too plain for your tastes? It could be possibly why many would prefer the same map all over again, and even with the generous flow of maps coming from the devs, it still does not relieve the repetitive boredom with the endless slaughter of Nord troops. The maps serve a more different purpose than just different combat tactics and different spawn points.

What I propose, is a better Immersive experience for the players.

Passive Immersion

Random, immediate foraging
Foraging was introduced back in 0.32, stirred quite an interest, but eventually becomes quite monotonous when you have to deal with both fending off enemies and looking for a few puny berries at the same time. A pick-and-go system would be more practical to have random spawn points for the bushes to appear and can be immediately taken by the players.

Edible foodstuffs
In urban areas, there are tables and food stands that only exists for aesthetics. Randomly spawned foodstuffs on such locations would be more convinent for the players to heal themselves for a very minor amount of health. It shouldnt be too high to throw away that medikit, and should be only a few at a time randomized with a short spawn time, and consumption is rather instant. So the half-dead commando can decide whether to retreat for a full bowl of soup or risk it and get that piece of bread on the table beside him and continue holding the line.

Cabbages for the horse!
More rural areas like the Swadian Village hosts a few cabbage farms that frankly, are kind of unused. Rather than satite the bellies of the troops, the horses can in turn, gain a miniscule amount of health. The spawn properties goes for the same as the edible foodstuffs.

Aggersive Immersion

Stones!
While the infantry can be entirely useless in range, stones are oftenly used in siege warfare to pelt down pesky invaders. Most common in mountainous or hilly areas, stones can be the a handy weapon for the infantry to carry and throw at their enemies, and also for more comedic encounters. Resapwn a few at a time, these stones do a considerable amount of damage, but are slow and only one can be carried for each slot.

Artilery
Open areas such as the beach are perfect areas to use artilery onto. Randomized shots of flames bursts through the ground, hurting anyone that stood on the way. The damage shouldnt be too much to kill outright, but it should be certainly area effective, and be very random at the positions that it hits.

Angry Citizen/Villager
Have one or two bots at our side for laughs, these angry citizens/villagers spawn from city/village maps each wave to hopelessly charge into the inevitable horde, and die a futile death. Their idiocy however can be utilized as a delay for the players to prepare their defenses or fightside the townfolk, could prove interesting for a change.

Vertical Combat
The mountain pass seems an easy place to grind with only 2 lanes, with enough barricades the players can stop a big horde. Allocating a tiny portion of the horde to spawn right above the mountains(not too close to the shrine) would certainly bring combat to the next level.

I wont hold my breath that these additions can be even possibly implemented on multiplayer servers, but there could be ways to add flavour to our everyday grind. If you have better opinions about immersion, do share in this thread.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Nicely thought out, I think most if not all would make great additions Smile.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Good ideas but With the foraging it would be quite hard to do since all the foraging bush is, is a set scene prop which can be interacted with like doors which can be broken down and open, to actually make it have random spawns would need some coding of a sort the only other thing i could think of is have a PWmod way with it like the trees that come back up out of the ground after a certain time.

but great ideas overall Smile
From what I remember reading. The module system does not allow scene props to be removed from a scene during the game, however a bush could probably be moved around the map. But wouldn't that look silly with a bush spawning in the middle of the terrain sometimes?
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(06-03-2012, 01:30 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: From what I remember reading. The module system does not allow scene props to be removed from a scene during the game, however a bush could probably be moved around the map. But wouldn't that look silly with a bush spawning in the middle of the terrain sometimes?

It does not have to be random spawns though. Certain spawn areas with a random duration of spawn time would work in this case.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Alright that would make more sense. I like your concept of a self healing item though.

Perhaps a bandage which can be used by non-medics to heal only yourself instead of food.

Artillery would be nice to play about with too.  8)
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
I like all your "aggressive" immersion ideas and think they would fit well into the game if ever implemented. i also like most of the passive ones too , however, i believe that most of them would be rather difficult to implement successfully so i wouldn't get your hopes up on those.
otherwise fantastic ideas and it would be great to see them used.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1