Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Put the fun (back?) in
So I'm a new player to Warband in general (since last holiday sale) and this mod (only 2 weeks). There seems to be one glaring problem with this mod: it supposedly encourages/requires teamwork, but the entire economy of the game is setup for personal gain (as in, this should be fun, not work).

Quests require individual kills -> everyone goes for the boss character (and for loot)
XP/gold/loot goes to the kill -> encourages people to head more for archer class than work together to actually kill all the bots

It's FUN to grind with teamwork. It's not fun to stand behind a shield wall and sit there like a dope collecting assist XP because you're too low level to be a good shielder or have a good/long enough weapon to hit past the shielder.

One idea I just had would be to implement some sort of timer -- once x% of the team is dead (or only one person left), they only have x minutes to get through to a respawn point. This would prevent one/2/etc really good players from just going on forever while people sit an watch. And, it would encourage the higher level people to keep the lower people alive so that they can also keep playing. (and it would prevent the "not fun" or watching one archer/cav run around endlessly killing off one bot at time for 20 minutes). Mind you, it is "fun" to watch a really good player to learn tactics and just watch them mow down people, but after a few minutes, it switches to "die already".

House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(07-03-2012, 01:27 AM)TeutonJon78 link Wrote: Mind you, it is "fun" to watch a really good player to learn tactics and just watch them mow down people, but after a few minutes, it switches to "die already".

This is why you guys dont get polls  :Smile

Edit: realised I should have said something useful - I don't think your suggestion is the correct way to fix the problem but your observations are definitely true.
(07-03-2012, 01:54 AM)BigBird link Wrote: This is why you guys dont get polls  :Smile

Edit: realised I should have said something useful - I don't think your suggestion is the correct way to fix the problem but your observations are definitely true.

Oh, and I put "fun" in quotes because I was classing it into the "fun" rather than "not fun" category. I have enjoyed watching some of the better players and getting tips/ideas from it.

I agree, with polls it just always ends up on Mountain Pass.  blah. The idea I had was totally in the moment -- just some way for the normal servers (especially noobs like me) to spend more time playing, less time flying around maps
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes