Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranged
I'm inclined to agree with Niezdara, if not go a step further, we all know the Devs are unhappy with the current cading and shielding strategies, the only way I can personally see this resolved would be to;

-remove barricades entirely
-severely reduce the amount of nords or replace the 'uber nords' with more fodder units or simply reduce the nord stats, which would be fair if people are being made to fight out in the open.
-Introduce more 'natural' shielding spots eg. tight corridors ect so 1 or 2 shielders are hold the line for a few moments and thin the nord ranks before moving on.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head

It should be noted I really enjoy the barricade set up, I'm not against it, in fact it seems right to 'dig in' against a force which far surpasses you in numbers.
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
4. remove the ability to solo completly meaning people wont pick archer/pikeman only to be able to solo waves.

Fixes everything  :Smile

I'm rather neutral on the entire concept of kiting, being able to get further by yourself in what is supposed to be a team game always seemed silly to me.
How does it removes your ability to kite? oh wait I get it - you are no longer able to pass over a dozen waves alone and kill some bosses along the way. In that case you are right, it ruins mod entirely.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
well if is meant to be a Co-Op mod having classes which can easily solo doesn't make sence
I think it is fine like it is right now.
I usually play as an archer on normal mode, in case we have a lack of good shielders i rejoin as royal guard. One or two shielders can easily be sufficient for a successful normal run.
I usually pick my shielder on hard and ragnarok as i personally perfer a good shieldwall over a good cade due to the fact that shields take much more damage and can be repaired and are not static.

If you FORCE people to choose melee classes, they will leave. Leave the mod because the lost some of the joy playing ranged classes brought to them.
Only if people understand by theirselves that a decent number of good shielders is required for hard/rag, they will choose commando by themselves.
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
(14-07-2013, 02:24 PM)IRK_human_being link Wrote: If you FORCE people to choose melee classes, they will leave. Leave the mod because the lost some of the joy playing ranged classes brought to them.
Only if people understand by theirselves that a decent number of good shielders is required for hard/rag, they will choose commando by themselves.

They won't understand because it's not true. You can do normal and hard without a shielder (seen that many times) and two days ago during official event, we get to 18th wave of the ragnarok without shielding. Even more - there is no need for slashers either. People choose archers and throwers because its the best and most rewarding right now.

Actually its kinda funny right now - Nords are getting stronger and deadlier to counter cade tactics supported by sheer firepower and as a result its just harder and harder (pretty impossible in hard) to face them without thick wall of cades.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
Ah well the solution for that is pretty easy : remove the cades, bring back cavalry , lower the stats of the northern adversaries . Maybe then we also would see things like mobile shieldwalls , more teamwork, less afking and oh yes : noble knights.
Wusel @ Omnia
(14-07-2013, 03:12 PM)Legend link Wrote: Ah well the solution for that is pretty easy : remove the cades, bring back cavalry , lower the stats of the northern adversaries.

Removing the cades would be nobody would play commando and maybe crossbowmen may disappear as well. I am not bothered if cavalry come back or not but that would probably mean less cades and no shields. And lowering the enemy stats would mean people would farm easily which defeats the point of a co-op mod
oh, another thread to whine about other people's classes and what you think is wrong with NI...what a surprise.
I love this mod and like the devs decisions so far with it.
All of you guys's suggestions are really annoying and unappealing.
sorry. love you.
Ranged is just as useful as inf. If you have several characters and there's no shielder in a server...hop on yr xbow or inf.
Stop whining about how other need use or not use a certain class.
I've been on Hard servers and done very well with just a bunch of ranged and a few commandos.
I've been on normal servers with only one commando and beaten prince.
I respect yr ideas, and love playing with you guys, so don't take this as a negative view on anyone posting personally
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
I certainly feel like way too many people play archers these days..

Here's my 2cents (I may even post this in the dreaded Feature Request section):

-Make it so that no nords spawn unless there are a minimum number of players in the server (could be 2+ or even 5+ to prevent soloing)
-Make drop rates less terrible (so that you can actually find a decent amount of mats without needing to play solo)

OR

-Make it that the minimum number of nords that can spawn is 5 players' worth (so even if you solo you must fight 5 players' worth of nords)
-Make drop rates less terrible (so that you can actually find a decent amount of mats without needing to play solo)
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden