Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranged
Interesting tee, I definitely agree that there should be a crackdown on soloing. As far as your suggestions go I think #2 wouldn't work. With 3 packs of bronze p5 bot count shouldn't use all the arrows and the increased drop rate will just make soloing more attractive. I'd say your first idea has legs (and would piss off a brilliant amount of people). Could be kind of frustrating if some servers were full and you couldn't get a group of 5 together but I think we'd grow used to it.

Go post in requests so you can get smacked down by all the wimpy archers of NI!
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
so now yr saying you don't want me to play, when all the NA servers are empty in the morning?
this adding more nords for players soloing only increases xp and drop rates for players that are actually able to solo well.
So, basically, you guys want the game to better (in yr opinion) for experienced players with top gear...

and all this being said, i play on my archer the alot less than my legionnaire. I gets in where i fits in.
i think you guys are classists, next you'll be making fun of my legion for not being a royal guard
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
I think what we want is for the game to played as it was intended to be played, cooperatively. Loot should be the result of a team playing together, not 1 person playing solo. Obviously tee's ideas would cause some problems but right now we're talking and I don't think these ideas would ever be implemented. As far as you not being able to get on at whatever hour, that's not a concern to me because as I said, this game is meant to be played with others.
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
It is supposed to be a cooperative game, and when there is a server with people on it, it has to be for the team to survive.
However, I get on in the mornings sometimes and play by myself on NA servers until other people start showing up.
His suggestions would not stop people from kiting, but would only allow, as i said, t4-hero classes with high-craftable/legendary weapons to continue soloing
people are going to do that...why does it bother anyone that someone, somewhere, unknown to you, is soloing on an empty server?
as for team work, archers can greatly help a team.
and yes, there should be shielders and slashers, but there should also be ranged.
also, as far as drops go, i dont solo for drops, i solo just to play when no one is around or there is a helpless team full of trolls that wont allow the team to progress.
i got 2 of my alts to tier 2 just from soloing, and one of them was inf. I play on my better characters when there is a team that i can help
and i dont know of anyone that ever got any awesome drops from soloing.

TL/DR: if a swadian solo's on an empty server and no one is there to see it...did it ever really happen?
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
the point of my rantings is how crazy alot of the suggestions are, not just in this thread, but in alot of similiar threads.
remove health, remove ammo, lower nord stats (which is kind of going against everthing else you guys are saying).
you want to change everything about the game that draws people to it and keeps people playing.
These tactics ideas are great, and i would love to try them..but how hard is it already just to keep a new player alive and safely in the cade?
how hard is it to try to survive a map with a troll or two breaking cades or trying to shield?
i'm just annoyed, not at any particular person, but that so many people want to change a game that i love and they obviously at least like.
Characters:
Unfortunately it's hard to make a credible challenge for ranged classes without really gimping melee since it gets really hard to fight someone in hand to hand that has drastically superior movement speed. The same could have been said for cavalry, and we all know how that went.

After observing a lot of hard/ragnarok runs on normal alts I have a few ideas that should make shield walls with strategically placed cades a bit more viable than just spamming a line of cades though.

We'll see how it goes.
(15-07-2013, 03:54 AM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote: Unfortunately it's hard to make a credible challenge for ranged classes without really gimping melee since it gets really hard to fight someone in hand to hand that has drastically superior movement speed. The same could have been said for cavalry, and we all know how that went.

After observing a lot of hard/ragnarok runs on normal alts I have a few ideas that should make shield walls with strategically placed cades a bit more viable than just spamming a line of cades though.

We'll see how it goes.
Sounds like we have some nasty surprises on the way. I approve ;D
Quote:After observing a lot of hard/ragnarok runs on normal alts I have a few ideas that should make shield walls with strategically placed cades a bit more viable than just spamming a line of cades though.

If that happens, i'll respec back to commando on my alt!
Never did have a problem shielding, just everyone has better shields and shield skill than a non hybrid commando :')
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Make drop rate lower with less people, so that solo-ers wouldn't have much of a reason to solo?
(15-07-2013, 09:15 AM)Qwerty link Wrote: Make drop rate lower with less people, so that solo-ers wouldn't have much of a reason to solo?

I think they would solo even more.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier