Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ranged
(15-07-2013, 09:19 AM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: [quote author=Qwerty link=topic=15720.msg125260#msg125260 date=1373879743]
Make drop rate lower with less people, so that solo-ers wouldn't have much of a reason to solo?

I think they would solo even more.
[/quote] So make drop rate HIGHER and nobody would solo?
Or just make cades larger so they get hit easier, have less health.. Vulnerable to axes (if not already) and buff shields Smile done.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Add an option to fill the gab between Sks - Royal shield for non Royal Gaurds.
I'm a Zweihander and i dont mind if i need to shield, but shielding the later waves with SKS doesnt cut it anymore and i dont want to invest almost 2-3 mil into a shield because i can use that money to get a better 2-hander.
punishment, in my humble opinion you should run around naked and unarmed if it gets you a good shield
You'll only use that twohander rarely and NEVER (People will drop you better gear) on ragnarok, on the other hand, you'll always be welcome with good shields.
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Uh oh, well what you people did NOt had in mind that "soloing" is the most effective with a small group of people , including pikemen and archers. Also : time to make a counter-thread in which to whine how nerfed and bad archers are without top equipment. Seeing much effective archers on ragnarök? indeed. Iirc it started the same way with cavalry...
Wusel @ Omnia
Crossbowman > Archers on Ragnarok.
Crossbowmen are good on hard difficulties and killing enemies one by one however they're bad against bosses and massed mobs attacking your barricades. (More projectiles, more interupts and less damage to barricades.
Crossbowmen are about damage over time, while pikemen and archers can dish a hell of a lot more hurt in a short amount of time if they're safe. I think the balance is fine, archers are just too used to peeking. As for the top equipment, i agree somewhat, but even with an arbalest it takes as much as 4 hits (atleast 3 in the head) to get a follower down on wave 4, unless i'm a terrible shot. I've never killed a follower in 3 hits without outside damage sources, dont cry if archers can't do it either (Crossbowmen seriously have more damage and it's right to be so)

Also, crossbowmen only have Bigshot (Very slow but a lot of damage) and repeater as house craftable options. One makes them even slower and one to inaccurate to do anything but shoot enemies at the barricades which archers do better.
Legendaries are hard to come by afterall.
You cannot directly compare the two classes and say that one is overpowered. Try killing prince alone with a crossbowman? People can do it with a warden so the class itself is not bad. And any class shines with good equipment.

Feel free to disagree and correct me but they're just doing their job. What they were made for.
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
Here's my 10 cents on crossbowmen.. although we are diverting from the topic.

One of the reasons I prefer to play my crossbowmen over my archer is that I find it hard to aim when i'm firing at such a high rate and be accurate, I either misplace my shot, or entirely miss, rarely getting headshots, when I first got my archer, I barely missed and pretty much always got headshots, but now I'm just too shakey and not very coordinated for the high rate of fire.

My second reason is that some enemies you cant 1 hit kill like a crossbowmen.

My third reason is that if I want to kite I would rather use my Master Pealtast.

My Fourth reason is that crossbowmen are more sturdy than archers, they live longer, can shield if needed, and are somewhat decent in combat.

My fifth reason is that they have repeaters... So some people say that archers are "better" than crossbowmen because they shoot faster, well in some cases and different circumstances yes, but think of it this way, I would rather have 10 crossbowmen with 10 repeaters shooting from the side into the front of the shield wall than 10 snipers on hard/ragnarok mode.

Give a crossbow a repeater and it wrecks stuff open, oh, and you don't really have to aim, just pray 'n' spray Tongue

However some people are just naturally used to shooting at such a fast rate, *Cough* Brennanx *Cough*, always getting headshots, always shooting on target, even from a long distance, I don't know how he does it or how he copes with the high rate of fire, but me personally, I'm more of a slow and steady hit em hard, or spray and pray guy.

Back to the topic!

I believe that there are deffinantly too many ARCHERS In NI, I don't mind when there are too many pikeman because they can slash and throw, but over 4 snipers.. especially when they can be T3 sometimes is just too much hurt for the team as many other classes could potentially be of much more use, i'd say if there were caps on servers, (which there will not) I would go with max 4 archers.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
I've actually started to dislike archers after getting one to T4 and playing around with him and am probably going to respec to a skirmisher or back to commando on my next respec.

After letting my thoughts get out of hand and posting some impossible suggestions i have one thing that i do want to add and isn't huge.

Remove shield repair. Make shields a valuable commodity on an event (Something that you'd juggle) rather than let 10 of them despawn per spawn. With heroes and high shielding this would certiantly make everything more interesting. Tome-ing for shields, saving bot shields for certain waves if no one had any others et cetra.
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
that would just give people that aren't royal guards another excuse to not shield. Not everyone can afford royal shields either.
So, another suggestion that would only help hero classes with top gear, and make it harder for newer players to progress.
why do you guys hate the young and the poor?
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood