Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shields
Hey folks,

Let's talk shields here.  Say I was considering getting the royal shield or the resilience.  They are both about the same crafting materials so that's not really an issue. 

Compared to the royal shield, do you all think the extra 150 health with the resilience makes up for its 4 lower resistance? 

I'd like to think it does (because that resilience looks nice) but does anyone know how the shield skill works?  What I mean is how does the shield skill multiply/affect shield health/resistance/etc.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Characters:
FV_RWCostanzo - 52 Royal Guard
FV_Nero - 52 Pavise Champion
FV_Noire - 52 Sniper
FV_Black - 52 Pikeman

Legendary Drops: lel, yeah right...

“He who does not walk against the arrows cannot talk about the strength of his shield!”
Also resilience dimensions are 30x70, while Royal is 30x50 (like the most of top tier shields). Do you consider 30 armor plates and 500 leather a small difference? Its about 400000 gold.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
Haha, that's true.  400K is nothing to laugh at.  But I've already got a ton of cloth over the course of the game so that'll cover the leather.  Same goes for hardened metal.  Regardless, I think the 400K is minor when you're already spending 2.5-3 million on a piece.  That's just me though. 
Characters:
FV_Noire - 52 Sniper
FV_Black - 52 Pikeman

“He who does not walk against the arrows cannot talk about the strength of his shield!”
(19-07-2013, 06:10 PM)WDM_RWCostanzo link Wrote:I'd like to think it does (because that resilience looks nice) but does anyone know how the shield skill works?  What I mean is how does the shield skill multiply/affect shield health/resistance/etc.

Shield health = amount of damage the shield can take before it breaks
Resistance : reduces damage the shield takes (might work the same way as armors, I am not sure)
Axes and any weapon with the 'bonus against shields' ability ignore the shield's resistance (resistance counts as 0). This means against Nord Einerjars for instance, Resilience is better thanks to its high shield health.
Shield skill : each skill point reduces damage to the shield by 8%. for instance a hit which would deal 50 damage if you have 0 shield skill deals 26 damage if you are a commando (6 shield skill), and 14 damage if you are a pavise champion (9 shield skill)

Resistance represents the damage that is subtracted from each hit, so it's different from armor.

Bonus vs. shields just doubles the damage vs shields.
(20-07-2013, 12:57 AM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote:Resistance represents the damage that is subtracted from each hit, so it's different from armor.

Ah ok.  So from what I understand, if someone does 50 damage on a shield with 41 resistance, only 9 damage gets through.  Thanks, I've been wondering what those stats meant for quite some time.
Characters:
FV_Noire - 52 Sniper
FV_Black - 52 Pikeman

You should craft the Aegis shield Smile
Loots: 0 
(20-07-2013, 12:57 AM)Huscarlton Banks link Wrote:Resistance represents the damage that is subtracted from each hit, so it's different from armor.

Considering these facts, and the fact that it is bigger, I'd craft the Resilience, if you don't care about the +30 armor plates.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Really? Let's do some math using those information. The royal shield with 1250 hit points and 45 resistance should break after 250s 50-damage hits. In the same time the resilience with 1400 hit points and 41 resistance withstands only 155s 50-damage hits.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(20-07-2013, 11:58 AM)Niezdara link Wrote:Really? Let's do some math using those information. The royal shield with 1250 hit points and 45 resistance should break after 250s 50-damage hits. In the same time the resilience with 1400 hit points and 41 resistance withstands only 155s 50-damage hits.
yeah he is right i would rather go for the royal shield.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted