Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: How do you feel about the new behavior for ranged Nords?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's fine as is
28.57%
10 28.57%
It should be removed (Post why)
20.00%
7 20.00%
The cooldown on their volleys is too low (They should wait for more time between forced attacks, post time)
31.43%
11 31.43%
Archer ammo or Thrower ammo should be increased/decreased (Post which one(s) and why)
17.14%
6 17.14%
These specific weapons should be excluded from the script (Post which ones(s) and why)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Feature Discussion, Ranged Behavior
I wonder if its possible to remove "if they are not attacking" condition from the script? I understand that in that case script would start working after they shoot for the first time or make an attempt. This should prevent bots from firing before they are in range and have reasonable chance to hit.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
The not attacking bit refers to their current action, not whether or not they have attacked at least once.

Bots aren't very good at lobbed shots, and I think projectiles just disappear or stop damaging after a certain distance.
I understand but when does the script actually start working? At the beginning of the wave? If so is it possible to change it to start working after first shot or attempt?

It looks like right now a bot spawn and since he is not attacking, he start to shoot while being miles away from players.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
It works from the beginning of the map, and currently fires every 2 seconds for archers, 4 seconds for throwers.

As far as I know, there's no way to change that since the bots in NI are always alarmed, and there's no operation to check for ammo count.
I like seeing Ranged Nords who shoot all together, as if they were coordinated.
But can you tell us
1- do they really shoot at players even if they are out of reach (due to your last reply I guess so, but aren't you going to change this ?)
2- can't you make them just move around, maybe bypass obstacles, until they can shoot at players at sight or charge them with their melee weapon ? (I know this might be difficult to implement, but this would me the most logical behaviour)
3- Nord Rangers now seem very accurate when they are immobile, did you buff them a lot to counterbalance their accuracy penalty when they shoot while moving ? If yes this may need some ajustments. And Einerjar Rangers are now very weak^^
1. Yep, the only workarounds I can think of are increasing the time between volleys so that they have time to get in range and have plenty of ammo left, or not triggering the attacks at all unless they're standing still.

2. Can't really do that with that many agents, especially since maps differ a lot.

3. They were buffed because they were missing standing targets even at near point blank range. Einherjar Rangers were nerfed because people were spending 2-3x as much time on them as they were on the bots they were supporting.
I'm sorry but I really dislike the new ranged AI...

I'm fine with the game moving towards shieldwalls, the full cade thing was a bit lame...

As it stands there's nothing stopping a team waiting in the base for anything with ranged to waste their ammo then get hacked to pieces when they charge forward, as a crossbowman, this is the first time I've genuinely felt useless as a class, one of the main strengths was our ability to quickly peek out and take down our target with a headshot, as iBlue stated, crossbowmen with repeaters are somewhat less effected, but anyone(such as myself) who prefers a hard hitting, precise single shot, might as well go home, there's no place for us.

There's no way anyone can think it's okay the way it is...what's 'okay' about an army of rangers shooting a house?

DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
Here are my two cents :

I totally love the concept of this but : give them more ammo, lower the interval, and find a way to get them closer to the players(if possible). Finally no more waiting for that stiupid ranged ai. Good work.

Wusel @ Omnia
its fine this way as ranged waves just doesnt take so long so ragnarok games dont take 3 hours + anymore.... but decrease their ammo as waves as heavy skirms are just like artillery.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
as i mentioned in hande´s patch update thread, there is more adjustment needed.

archer who just shoot like a spam-hell on houses and other objects, from beginning spawn (or see the sick royal assassins throwing from the spawn, killing each others also) is far from any reality.

and an archer who runs 400 metres from spawn to enemy , like a commando seeking his  goal, with a bow on his back .....

thx, eisen