Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Bots will damage cades when they attempt to swing at them in addition to whenever they hit them.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This is fine as is.
5.36%
3 5.36%
This should be removed. (Why?)
26.79%
15 26.79%
The time between attacks on the barricade should be increased.
7.14%
4 7.14%
The extra damage should be reduced, or barricade health should be increased. (How much?)
21.43%
12 21.43%
Attack range should be decreased to make bots more attracted to players nearby.
39.29%
22 39.29%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Feature Discussion, Extra Damage to Cades
Feedback thread for new cade attack behavior.

This was intended to:

The script checks for bots that are not currently attacking, and are within range of the destructible prop.

1. Punish stacking a line of cades close together without shielders
2. Solve ranged nords shooting at cades in melee to no effect
3. Solve bots being unable to hit barricades.

The current numbers for the checks are:

1 second per check

Bot must be within 3.2 meters of the prop

20 extra damage per attack attempt

Opinions are wanted, but please keep it constructive.
I mentioned this in the news update, but I voted for reverting back to the old system because cades now seem completely useless. SHC's are not particularly cheap, and even javlineers can break through them easily. I understand the idea of debuffing cades to make shielders more useful, but when pikemen break through 5 cades like they are paper it is rather aggravating. I may just be a bit biased at the moment after losing to prince so many times, but there doesn't seem to be any way to beat even normal now if cades are useless against prince and you cant shield against him. In my opinion, it would be better to go back to the old cading system. If they're still overpowered, maybe decrease their health a bit so they break a bit faster? As it is right now, they just break too fast. Unless you have barrels, killing prince will be very, very difficult.
I think that the new AI for attacking barricades have essentially made barricades useless. I watched Nord Prince and Royals go through 11 newly made barricades and 2 newly placed SHC's in a matter of seconds (maybe 45 seconds). After witnessing this, it give me the impression that engineer is no longer a useful support class. This said, I believe that either this new mechanic should be removed entirely and the old system restored, or a great deal of balancing needs to be done. I think that the time per check should be increased, no amount of extra damage or very little, and must be with in 1m of the barricades. This is my opinion after only a few rounds of normal however, and maybe subject to change.
SilentKnight: 52 Royal Guard
DeadShot: 52 Sniper Hybrid
Athena: 51 Pikeman
While i understand that some action was needed , seeing nords eat through 6 SHC´s in about 10 seconds make me wonder why someone would even bother getting a barricade anymore.

either reduce the area of effect damage on the cades (i woul say start with -50% and tweak it from there)  or revert back to the old system and reduce the health on cades.
I think this is not a bad thing but i do belive 3.2 m is way too much.
Barricades seem to go "poof" into the air when an enemy isn't even near touching them.
On prince et cetra it may encourage multi-layered defense so i dont belive this is bad. Just the range needs fixing
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Again, this feature should be removed

It took 7 nord intruders a total of 20 seconds to break through a single normal cade!!!
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(27-07-2013, 06:22 AM)WDM_SilentKillz2552 link Wrote: I think that the new AI for attacking barricades have essentially made barricades useless. I watched Nord Prince and Royals go through 11 newly made barricades and 2 newly placed SHC's in a matter of seconds (maybe 45 seconds). After witnessing this, it give me the impression that engineer is no longer a useful support class. This said, I believe that either this new mechanic should be removed entirely and the old system restored, or a great deal of balancing needs to be done. I think that the time per check should be increased, no amount of extra damage or very little, and must be with in 1m of the barricades. This is my opinion after only a few rounds of normal however, and maybe subject to change.
  As he said, they are ripping through cades too easily, and really makes us not feel anywhere near safe like we did a Normal mode before our event and they are breaking through them faster then i seen them broken on King Ragnar wave before you even hit the trooper wave.
It's not that bad if you place barricades correctly.
Decrease to 1m damage range and all is fine.
I actually like this because it prevents barricade stacking which should be considered a glitch of some sort and is totally unrealistic.
just place 2 or 3 lines of cades and have options to retreat when they're broken (and check on it's hp regularly with a weak throwable/ shootable) and you're fine
Also, clear the waves outside the cades if you can.
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
Everyone will be complaining they are useless right now because they have not learned to adapt yet.

A simple way to solve the problem is to just spread barricades out so that they do not all get hit at the same time.

Maybe the range is too much but this game needs a challenge and people seem to think that once something becomes harder that it should be returned to what it was before

That being  said in the event last night we made it to wave 16 hard and only died because 2 wraiths spawned. We had about 2 hours to adapt and for most of the people there that was plenty of time whenever a new system is brought into a game people need to find out how it works and find a way to work with it.

This is my personal opinion which seems to be only shown once before in this thread where as the majority seem to think "this is too hard I don't want to have to work for my good xp and loot".

If you disagree with what I have said please respond because if we have a discussion about it we will help the devs in their decision to change this.
i agree with you, but i belive the range is a little bit too much.
That's what i'm saying in long TLBig GrinNR messages.

I love the update, don't remove it just balance it a bit. Rangers and cades.
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall