Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendaries and the average green drop.
I have been playing this mod for 4 months now. I have enjoyed it a lot and have a ton of fun but one thing I realize is that I can play 8-10hrs a day all just to get some of good drops. But it doesn't pay off often as sometimes I get nothing or if I'm lucky 1 cheap green mat. I have been in several Odin kills a day for a week and not one Legendary has dropped and I'm not including Thor, Loke, Tyr, or Hiemdaller. I play this game day in and day out, I would be happy for the community if at least one person would get a legendary drop in Ragnarok. I have not heard any significant news of any legendary dropping except in a official event a couple months ago, which i think is the only drop in about 8 months. Another thing is that what few rare items drop like Damascus Steel and Eagle Feathers are  random  which can end up with some person who is leeching the entire game getting them instead of someone busting there ass trying to pull the team together.Even worse the amount found aren't meeting the demand.
The game is at the point where new players or players that have been playing for only a few months cannot compete to make any of the new craftables unless the have played since 2012 or earlier. Also I believe the Devs have tried to take out gold by making Hero Classes and crafting mats that cost large amounts of gold(Phoenix Feathers, Orichalcum, and Relic Fragment) making the problem even worse.I would have to play for another 3 months and gather around 3-4mil worth of gold and mats just to create just one o new craftable its insane, to put so much effort in and not get much of a reward. I am pretty much ranting right now, thing is I played another whole day of Nord Invasion and carried teams to where I only got a Bronze Arrowhead and where leachers that got carried got better drops than me. Its just that this to me had to be said.

Edit: TY Burnnt for proofreading.
AFG AFG AFG

DO NOT MESSAGE ME.
legendarys are legendary. Imagine there would be 1 legendary loot per normal/hard/rag run then there would be like 10 to 20 loots per day
looted legendaries:
1x Sun Pike
1x Ullrs Bane
If winning was easy even losers would do it. - Brad Keselowski
I wouldn't want to count how many legendaries since 4.8 that have not been found.

Yes legendaries are legendaries, but, mystic is not at all intending to say find a legendary per run, no, he's saying that it should be more balanced.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(15-08-2013, 10:42 AM)Slayer link Wrote: I wouldn't want to count how many legendaries since 4.8 that have not been found.

Yes legendaries are legendaries, but, mystic is not at all intending to say find a legendary per run, no, he's saying that it should be more balanced.
well i know that just wanted to make an example for "hard" balancing.
looted legendaries:
1x Sun Pike
1x Ullrs Bane
If winning was easy even losers would do it. - Brad Keselowski
You are not supposed to loot 1 damascus steel per game...  For new players, the progression doesn't take a lot of time since there are a lot of affordable craftables for each tier. But once you are level 52, what to do ? Devs can't add hundreds of items anyone can craft after playing 1-2 weeks. The only solution is to add sometimes a few insanely expensive craftable that veteran players will be able to craft after playing some months. As regards ragnarok legendary loots, you will probably have to wait for an update which makes ragnarok mode harder, so that challenge comes back, and legendary loot rate can be increased again.

I agree that playing so many hours in a row can be boring, the solution imo would be to provide more challenge and make chance matter more, so that every game is different from others (make ballistemen or other powerful enemies spawn sometimes and possibly in any wave ; a nord hero who randomly spawns once in a while in ragnarok/hard games (and loot legendaries^^), different challenge waves, more assassins, manual block on ragnarok servers, etc.)
Legendaries are special. If everyone got them they arent special anymore. An example Fred played 17 months to get his first loot. He thought he will never get a legendary, now he got one Smile

The only thing you can do is playing and in some time you will get a legendary drop too.

But yeah I can understand you with the mats, in my eyes its nor fair too, but  its rly hard to find a way that makes it fair for all players. Its ok like it is in the moment.
Only thing I dont understand why some players get all the good material loots. Dont want to name players.(Winter)

You just have to be lucky Smile
Loots: 0 
Am not understanding where the majority of you are getting this, get 1 of this per game, I cant see it stated anywhere in the OP that we are supposed to get a legendary per game or a damascus steel per game.

Just a reminder - No legendary found from Loke, Thor or Odin since 2012.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Most of the people saying that legendarys arent supposed to drop so much are the players that started playing the game since almost the beginning when (to what i am told) the drop rates were higher . Its these players that are now almost swimming in legendarys while the new players(and even players that played for a couple of months) struggle to even participate in the legendary market because the drop rates dropped rock buttom.

As an NI addict (Roughly 1000 hours in 3months) I have hit a certain ceiling on both characters already while gold sinks are in place.
The demand is outweighing the supply as I have found the player base has being dwindling drastically the last few weeks.
IE How is one person meant to acquire 250 lumps for a craftable? (Large house with a lot of players that are active = solution)

I don't mind a hardcore playing experience, infact I prefer it actually.

Now are we trying to attract players or draw them away? (I say we want to attract them I believe.)

Now the loot discussion, I have to borrow certain gear from friends as a lot of us are doing it to even have remotely half decent equipment.
People are expecting legendaries all the time, no I'm not after them but I wouldn't mind having a shot considering how much time I have put into this amazing mod.

(Loot drama incoming I can smell it)

People should be aware of the new term getting flung around, old money vs new money.
The people that are acquiring this equipment are the ones being playing for a long time, which makes is logical.

Are a lot of players finding the experience rewarding or more of a grind? (MMO Style)

(15-08-2013, 10:49 AM)ON_Alex link Wrote: Legendaries are special. If everyone got them they arent special anymore. An example Fred played 17 months to get his first loot. He thought he will never get a legendary, now he got one Smile

The only thing you can do is playing and in some time you will get a legendary drop too.

But yeah I can understand you with the mats, in my eyes its nor fair too, but  its rly hard to find a way that makes it fair for all players. Its ok like it is in the moment.
Only thing I dont understand why some players get all the good material loots. Dont want to name players.(Winter)

You just have to be lucky Smile

yes legendaries are special and i agree that they shouldent be found on a daily basis, but isn't it better to find have legendaries found more often then to simply be forgotten about? i see this kind of post every day and for me it seems like the only people that dont want legendaries to drop more consistently all are the people that already have them you can list your noble reasons for not having them drop more frequently however it seems to me you just want your legendary value to stay at its high price. ive listened to much discussion on this topic and one common theme talked about was the death of this game, and i cant help but agree. when people spend their time working away at something yet have nothing to show for it the response is simple, they get bored. you cant deny the dramatic decline of players in the past month or so and if that continues to happen......then what happens to your legendaries? you've no one left to play with or you give up the game.

i dunno that's just my slice of pie

regards madjosh