Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Private server disconnection 1st May 2012
Yay. An idiot. Time to address this rambling nonsense.

1st; reserved for the elite? ummm I actually "know" about 5 or 6 players in this mod, that is all. There is no NI elite and the majority of the top players are completely unknown to me or members of the dev team. Let's take one player as an example who we all know has done rather well at this game, OneEye. I have never spoken to him on TS or IRC and barely in-game, yet he is without a doubt one of the top players of the mod. He has never even donated, so how exactly is he a member of this invisible "elite".

2nd; We take it personally? What do you expect when players abuse our intellectual property that we allow you to play free of charge? You are abusing our "personal stuff". Who do you think this mod belongs to and who do you think owns the rights to this mod?

3rd; The hammer I am currently using will be a player craftable, I took it out to test and discovered it's far too OP and requires a nerf which it will receive in the next patch and then players will be using it. I actually spend most of my time on NI playing as my archer character (heavy longbowman) under a different name so people don't continuously ask questions. That character is completely "normal", has no legendaries and is played as a completely normal character and always will be. I have alts for each class in this game which are completely normal, as do all the other dev's, so don't moan about stuff you don't even know.

4th; as sphinx has pointed out, he is not a dev. We on the dev team spend a huge amount of time reading posts and pms but unfortunately do not spend a great deal of time reading through every post in the trading section of the forum as there are simply too many posts to keep track of them all. If someone had flagged that post then it would have been reviewed. There is no favouritism and we try to cut down on all spam, especially where the topic owner requests it.

5th; see worm's post then go back and read my original post again. We are decided in our course of action and moaning at us will not help. Each of us receive masses of reports of glitching on private servers every day and we are bored of punishing players. We do not want to have to punish players or take a strict line with you, we want to play this mod which we have had fun cgreating and have fun playing alongside players that have fun playing the mod. It is a shame that it has to come to this but as has already been stated, a section of the community are ruining it for everyone.

We appreciate that not every player likes the decisions that are made by the team. You do however have to remember that this is a learning experience for everyone and unfortunately some things do not work, as happens in developing or creating anything in life. Some classes require balanced, some weapons require balanced, hard mode needed changed, spawn numbers needed changed, maps need updated etc etc all as the problem is uncovered by the player base. This mod is run as an open beta which the majority of the community seem to appreciate, but as we have always offered, if you would prefer the mod can be entirely closed beta until the product is entirely finished.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus

Messages In This Thread
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Sphinx - 22-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Sphinx - 22-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Mordred Wulfchylde - 22-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Sphinx - 22-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Mordred Wulfchylde - 22-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Sphinx - 23-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Mordred Wulfchylde - 23-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Sphinx - 24-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Re: Private server disconnection 1st May 2012 - by Hypernoma - 24-03-2012, 05:48 PM