Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Making specific crafting weapons and armours worth crafting
There are so many craftable items which are never made because they are either really exspensive for what they are worth , e.g. (in)justice which costs around 4-5mil to craft yet it is easily bested by a boarding axe or other items, maybe you could lower the crafting recipes total cost by taking away some items or maybe buff them, another instance is the Swadian Resilience it costs around 3mil to craft yet the royal shield is a bit better than it which costs about half of that to craft. If you were to look at the crafting list there are a lot of items which will never get crafted or will be a waste of money to craft as they cost too much for what you are actually getting.
Looted Legendaries:
Tower Shield - 20/08/2013
Eagle Crossbow - 16/07/2015

1. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...340.0.html
  2. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...621.0.html
  3. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...306.0.html

Really, those are among the active discussions now...
(12-07-2013, 06:07 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Search function makes my life so much easier.
(27-08-2013, 05:30 PM)Search Function link Wrote:

Yes but those are only specific craftables i'm trying to highlight all of the craftables which you never see in game.
Looted Legendaries:
Don't you think the previous discussions made the devs thinking about all craftables in general? Be it thinking about rebalancing or keeping it as it is.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(27-08-2013, 07:47 PM)P_Jack link Wrote: [quote author=Search Function link=topic=17433.msg135905#msg135905 date=1377624616]

Yes but those are only specific craftables i'm trying to highlight all of the craftables which you never see in game.
[/quote]

When is the last time you saw a house craftable shield in the game.....other than mine ;p. i cant help but agree with you though jack. there are so many diverse items in this game that im sure the devs spent alot of time implementing that we just dont see any more due to newer and now cheaper alternatives. i think the whole house craftable system needs a bit of a re-work. (maybe you should make a thread with suggested improvements jack?)
(27-08-2013, 11:42 PM)madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=P_Jack link=topic=17433.msg135961#msg135961 date=1377632825]
[quote author=Search Function link=topic=17433.msg135905#msg135905 date=1377624616]

[/quote]

When is the last time you saw a house craftable shield in the game.....other than mine ;p. i cant help but agree with you though jack. there are so many diverse items in this game that im sure the devs spent alot of time implementing that we just dont see any more due to newer and now cheaper alternatives. i think the whole house craftable system needs a bit of a re-work. (maybe you should make a thread with suggested improvements jack?)
[/quote]

Exactly, It's like Mighty_Mathias he spent around 5mil crafting his Justice just to find out a boarding axe is a hell of a lot better for like 10% of its price, now he is trying to sell it and the best offers are around 20% of the crafting costs which makes these items a huge waste of the modellers and devs time implementing them into the game.
Looted Legendaries:
(28-08-2013, 01:14 PM)P_Jack link Wrote: Exactly, It's like Mighty_Mathias he spent around 5mil crafting his Justice just to find out a boarding axe is a hell of a lot better for like 10% of its price, now he is trying to sell it and the best offers are around 20% of the crafting costs which makes these items a huge waste of the modellers and devs time implementing them into the game.

Just a note : Matthias crafted his sword months ago at the time when the boarding axe was 50 cut. Injustice was a powerful weapon and still is the case nowadays.
Why do people want to use some very expensive weapons statistically worse ? Well, it's quite simple because they just look awesome.
If for instance a Kriegsmesser and a Boarding axe are on the floor, people will automatically take the Kriegsmesser, they don't care about the stats.  Moreover, if weapons were only chosen for their stats, then why don't people hang out with butchers/boardings.. which are cheap weapons.
Players will be attempted to craft a weapon nobody has in order to feel unique in game. That's why these two handed aren't so used, they are too popular.
Furthermore, stats are high, that's for sure, I think this is a question of balance. New commandos can't afford high-tier equipment. They usually have some basic crafts (Sks, Steel sword..). The first things they can afford are these "cheap" two handed or armors. Well, then, once bought, they have powerful weapon even more than some "rich" players. That's how they can be more active in hard because with only marketplace equipment (extreme case), they aren't really helpful for instance in shielding. The house crafting equipment mostly used by wealthy people can be a bit weaker than the 2h I spoke about but these characters are better especially of the hero classes. Finally, the fact that the house crafting weapons used by heroes are statistically higher that new commandos with Butchers, Boardings..
On another note, people picking nice weapons straightly think "this weapon has to be expensive" or legendary (that makes it even more expensive). Sometimes, they even ask who's the owner of it. Players will be considering him as a wealthy guy.

You complain about the lack of these house crafting weapons ? This is because they are really expensive and need a "long time" to be crafted. Moreover, some of them have been implicated only recently.
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

(28-08-2013, 02:16 PM)Aigle link Wrote: [quote author=P_Jack link=topic=17433.msg136142#msg136142 date=1377695664]
Exactly, It's like Mighty_Mathias he spent around 5mil crafting his Justice just to find out a boarding axe is a hell of a lot better for like 10% of its price, now he is trying to sell it and the best offers are around 20% of the crafting costs which makes these items a huge waste of the modellers and devs time implementing them into the game.

Just a note : Matthias crafted his sword months ago at the time when the boarding axe was 50 cut. Injustice was a powerful weapon and still is the case nowadays.
Why do people want to use some very expensive weapons statistically worse ? Well, it's quite simple because they just look awesome.
If for instance a Kriegsmesser and a Boarding axe are on the floor, people will automatically take the Kriegsmesser, they don't care about the stats.  Moreover, if weapons were only chosen for their stats, then why don't people hang out with butchers/boardings.. which are cheap weapons.
Players will be attempted to craft a weapon nobody has in order to feel unique in game. That's why these two handed aren't so used, they are too popular.
Furthermore, stats are high, that's for sure, I think this is a question of balance. New commandos can't afford high-tier equipment. They usually have some basic crafts (Sks, Steel sword..). The first things they can afford are these "cheap" two handed or armors. Well, then, once bought, they have powerful weapon even more than some "rich" players. That's how they can be more active in hard because with only marketplace equipment (extreme case), they aren't really helpful for instance in shielding. The house crafting equipment mostly used by wealthy people can be a bit weaker than the 2h I spoke about but these characters are better especially of the hero classes. Finally, the fact that the house crafting weapons used by heroes are statistically higher that new commandos with Butchers, Boardings..
On another note, people picking nice weapons straightly think "this weapon has to be expensive" or legendary (that makes it even more expensive). Sometimes, they even ask who's the owner of it. Players will be considering him as a wealthy guy.

You complain about the lack of these house crafting weapons ? This is because they are really expensive and need a "long time" to be crafted. Moreover, some of them have been implicated only recently.
[/quote]

i dont understand what point of view your arguing fully?, heres my understanding:
-aesthetic is more important than stats
-cheap players use cheap yet effective equipment even more so than the expensive equipment
-commandos house crafting equipment better than that of new commando weapons
-lack of house crafting weapons because they are expensive and have been implimented recently

all those points i have mentioned above are contradictory of each other, furthermore i cant help but disagree with you last statement. it is not simply because of the cost of these expensive house crafting weapons that they are rare but because their stats are effectivly made redundant by newer and stronger weapons armour and shields (i cant help myself but draw attention back to the house craftable shields which are to but blatantly "overpriced crap" in comparison with the newer Royal shield (also a far cheaper option at almost half the price). we must also take into account the declining number of people playing this mod. with less people playing, crafting materials become scarce. i feel that at this rate the game is slowly dying and its sad to see all these new weapons and armour that have been implemented and will never be crafted.
Please don't forget that house crafting is a way to own somehow "legendaries". I didn't mention them before because it is about the house crafting. You have more chance to get a house crafted weapon than a legendary drop. House crafting is a way to compensate this lack of chance. Moreover, house crafting extends the longevity's game. A large choice of new items is always much more appreciated than a reduced one. All weapons haven't been crafted yet especially there isn't enough players that can afford them. Time is needed to have more people using this kind of equipment. Nordinvasion is a game in which players needs a process of  development and with time people will get more money and will craft them. If one person crafts a weapon even with worse stats but like it, it was worth to implicate it such as Fire Blade (isn't house crafting  but is in the same batch we are talking about)

Furthermore, some weapons are cheap because they become common. That's the case of the Royal shield for example. Once the price is reduced, people will prefer to buy that one. Some people would like to be a bit different and craft a new shield like you, even if the stats are the "same". It looks good, so it's worth it.

Besides, I won't discuss much about it, Boarding etc.. are statically better and are usually used by "new"  commando. (these are the only weapons they can actually afford). The house crafting weapons are bit weaker than the others I mentioned, players who can craft house crafting are already hero class. That means, their character stats are better (Zweihander), so the difference of cut between a boarding and for instance the justice is finally compensated. Moreover, another thing, axes are statistically always better (in Warband) than swords. Butcher is powerful and fast but very short that makes sometimes slashing a problem. 2h house crafting win length so are very effective in slashing and having the same stats.

And finally in your last dash, I forgot to mention the lack of house crafting weapons in game. ^^

NB : It becomes a bit off-topic= so won't really deepen further.
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

Some house craftable weapons may need a small ajustment so that stats reflect the crafting cost (e.g. for injustice, maybe), but remember that gathering all mats for a recipe can be long, and some players could craft items within the next few months even if they have not been crafted so far.