Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Grammar Problems
(02-04-2012, 09:22 PM)Talgion Cheeseliker link Wrote: [quote author=Sparhawk link=topic=2131.msg19574#msg19574 date=1333400604]
Exactly what is "SS"?

Well, if we're talking about Hitler's secret police, the full term is "Schutzstaffel."

Anything other than that, I have no idea.
[/quote]

The SS was not just a secret police it was a Elite Unit in the war aswell , the SS had a lot of divisions which fought in the war aswell . My greatgrandfather was in a SS division aswell , in a Artillery Detachment ("Leibstandarte") .
For Hitler the SS was a race elite , which he used as a guard , to join the SS you had to have a minimum 250 years arish history .

So that's enought about that I think .

(Btw could someone who is English Nativespeaker tell me if it made mistakes , and where ?)
(18-04-2012, 07:24 PM)DC Terminator link Wrote: The SS was not just a secret police, it was an elite unit in the war as well. The SS had a lot of divisions which fought in the war as well. My great-grandfather was in an SS division as well, in an Artillery Detachment ("Leibstandarte").
For Hitler the SS was an elite race, which he used as a guard, to join the SS you had to have a minimum of 250 years of Aryan history.

So that's enough about that I think.

(Btw could someone who is a native English speaker tell me if I made mistakes, and where?)

Very interesting anecdote.

Now I'm not a native English speaker, but I took the liberty anyway Wink I corrected and bolded most of your errors. You seem to capitalize nouns and construct your sentences like in German grammar, but that's incorrect in English. I also corrected your spacing with dots and commas. By the way, you use 'as well' way too much! I think your English looks a lot like my German, by the way Tongue
Thanks Kwal Smile.I will try to follow this rules . So you speak German and you are good in english . Where are you from Kwal ? I guess Skandinavia , because they are literally good in learning new languages .
(19-04-2012, 12:37 PM)DC Terminator link Wrote: Thanks Kwal Smile. I will try to follow these rules . So you speak German and you are good at English. Where are you from, Kwal ? I guess Scandinavia , because Scandinavians are literally good at learning new languages.

Just using Kwal's editing method. Please compare to the original.

SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
No problemo!

Wouldn't know about Scandinavians, I'm Dutch anyway Tongue
Okay Smile By the way thanks Cheesekiller for correcting me .  Wink
(20-04-2012, 11:12 AM)DC Terminator link Wrote: Smile By the way thanks Cheesekiller for correcting me .  Wink

You're welcome.
SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
In english I got an A on literature now we are on grammar D on the first week I HATE GRAMMAR, I can't even put my commas and shat in theright place!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(29-05-2012, 08:49 AM)Jarold link Wrote: In English, I got an A in Literature, and we are now on the first week of Grammar D. I hate Grammar! I can't even put my commas and [expunged] in the correct places!
We need us sum more grammar police officers to petrol the forums!
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
I fear one would be fighting a losing battle... If players wish for assistance, let them. If I see players going out of their way to be pedantic and petty where there is no need to be I shall not be lenient. Pick a time and a place, but there will be no "policing" on these forums.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus