Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Siege map?
...An invasion siede mode, should be awesome...

Quote:Features:
- Nords spown from each castle's sides
- a lot of ladders must be ready on the wall, better if large one

ciauz^^,
Jab
[Image: Zngrh.png]
I could not agree more. It would be pretty cool Big Grin

Nice to see you here btw Smile
Maps such as these are being worked on currently, Jez has been sent a load of maps that he is yet to search through and pick some suitable ones for the mod. I can assure you we are beginning to aim for ''Fort'' like maps, to add that addition of teamwork.  Wink
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
(28-11-2011, 11:54 AM)Logics link Wrote: Maps such as these are being worked on currently, Jez has been sent a load of maps that he is yet to search through and pick some suitable ones for the mod. I can assure you we are beginning to aim for ''Fort'' like maps, to add that addition of teamwork.  Wink
...If you are working in a coop-Siege mode, i think you must show it on TW forum...
...it should interest lots of community peoples...

ciauz^^,
Jab
[Image: Zngrh.png]
No, we are not working on a siege mode, it will be the same mod as it is now, NordInvasion. However just different maps that have a fortification type of structure.
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
Heh, I was going to suggest a Siege map too, but I guess AB beat me to it.

Well, you know for the fact that we are basically a blatant rip-off from Full invasion, except with persistant character creation(not that rip-offs are a crime, and Full invasion was fun, more variety doesnt hurt in making more Cool M&B mods), but the idea of a "Nord invasion" doesnt seem to ring in the bells of this fantastic one-of-a-kind of a co-op mod. I was thinking of rather, making multiple game modes that differ form the usual "Defend this Spot" matches. They hold good weight of good mindless team takedowns, but it's more refreshing if we have different game modes.

The two game modes that I can think up of that can be consistent to the concept of Nord Invasion is Siege(like AB said) and Infiltration(I'll explain later here). I believe that these two modes that will summerize the idea of a "Nord Invasion", Swadian castles falling to Nord huscarls charging into the Lord's castle, and Swadian Commandos rushing into towns, seizing vital documents and taking out key enemy generals can be as exciting as it can be epic for an occupied country by the ferocius enemy.

I would think of the Siege mod in this forum as an obstacle course towards defending an important character/place/object. Say, this mod takes a native Siege map, but puts some blockades around and walkmeshes for the enemy AI and of course to tweak it to look more naturally like a besieged castle, and you got your own basic siege mode for NI. You got a Noble lord armed with only a sword to defend from the enemy, and say. a 10-15 minute time limit to protect him before the enemy and you will get a big reward if you successfully defend the lord.

The enemy AI will spread outside the castle, rushing into the one or two "lanes"(Which lead to the lord) that are stretagically placed to allow for tactics and chokepoint defense. The "lanes" however, are varied, with multiple lanes that are well-protected by enemy archers but needs teamwork to cover that area to open chokepoints that the enemy can only cross to, but your own players will be exposed to arrow fire. Siege defences can also be placed like throwing rocks(again, another blatant rip-off from Full Invasion, hehe :Smile) to boiling oil that give no experience to the player in use, but can take out some pesky enemies.

For spawns, the enemy will outnumber the players 3 to 1, with groups of 3 spawning into the game for every player. If that group is killed, a new group will spawn but with better weapons and armour. This continues on until the time limit expires. Players who died from battle will have a 45 second spawn to even out the massive horde that the enemy rushes in.

For infiltration, think like a squad co-op, with a troop of maybe 6-10 players can participate in infiltration missions, be it a castle or an enemy camp, players will be up against decent standard troops to huscarls. The mission is to either retreive important documents/kill a VIP/ steal gold or something. Enemies will be placed in scripted form that they will come attacking a player when they step into a trigger such as a castle gate, with archers placed on the battlements to surpress incoming players. To make the modder's life simpler, perhaps placing the enemies in rooms with doors or barricades that the enemy can try to break down before the start of the mission. The enemies are not as massive as the default game mode, but have decently equipped troops that can stand their ground on a 1-on-1 fight. There should be a checkpoint system/limited life system where players can respawn again since this will be a much harder game mode than the others. Mission objectives can be varied (gold rush can have gold bags to loot for reward, killing VIPs can have higher chance of giving out better items) to make this game mode more fun.

So, what are your thoughts, peeps?
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
That last one sounds really complicated, but cool. Sounds like kill X enemy would be the easiest, and maybe it could be tied to a quest or something?

I think variation will be more fun when we have higher levels. Right now I get roflstomped really easily.
THIS IS A SIGNATURE
How about gates that can be opened? For sallying out actions for cavalry Big Grin
For calvary in Siege/infiltration mode, it would most likely operate in close quarters to limit the spam usage of calvary luring/lancing, save a few open areas in these game modes where it can be still useful to utilize calvary at these points. That means only experienced calvary users can manuvuer around the tight corriders/ small spaces in these two game modes. And I do believe that for siege/infiltration mode to function well, there wont be enemy calvary, thus making the horde much more predictable to deal with. And dont forget that sometimes horses cannot walk up stairs or jump onto ledges so it might prove to be a hassle implementing it in this two game modes.  Tongue

The default game mode is somewhat unfair for the players on foot since calvary can dominate the fields faster and outrun the horde much easily, making a break on teamwork on the current stage (although if Siege and if you consider infiltration might be infantry dominant, Invasion mode could be more advantegous for Calvary, which in turn balances it out).
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
siege mode is needed or map Tongue