Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Order Of The Scarlet Blade [NA/EU][Level 32+]
You post something?
Start the game already!
(04-06-2012, 08:20 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: You post something?

Sure, put a Nem Flower up for 50k. Although, you don't really need to...I'm sure Freiwulf will take care of when he's around.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Yeah, sigh!  Galen not many SB playing, I took a break for a couple of weeks myself. I guess I should have posted here first rather than on your banner patch page, but did we do the banner update? A shame not to actually at least use your design.

Thanks to Sparhawk for offering to help out but I also see the house bank still at House Bank:111011 gold.

That means nothing actually. You can't access the bank.
Start the game already!
(04-06-2012, 10:08 PM)Illithar link Wrote: Yeah, sigh!  Galen not many SB playing, I took a break for a couple of weeks myself. I guess I should have posted here first rather than on your banner patch page, but did we do the banner update? A shame not to actually at least use your design.

Thanks to Sparhawk for offering to help out but I also see the house bank still at House Bank:111011 gold.

We did the banner update. Smile Just hasn't rolled out in official yet. But I made a banner update pack so people could access the new banners before hand. My OCD required me to create the best banner testing I could, which essentially set me up to provide the pack.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]

Galen,

I still see the old red SB banner and have seen people still with that. I did originally think once you submitted the change we'd all have the new one automatically. But with so few SB that I'm sure are in the house playing I went a bought a shield tonight and I've still the old red banner. And I installed your patch and double checked that and I have the latest NI download, although I am on Steam, but I also see loads of other people's new banners from other houses but it's still our old banner there.  Any thoughts?

I'd be very happy to sport the new Galen designed Banner.

My OCD made me re-read your post. LOL I will triple check I installed your patch correctly. Cheers!
Right, I now understand about the last update but also that your new SB banner design should be in your patch, of course.

I'm showing a mix banners_a.dds 6/4/2012 683kb etc and some still banners_default.dds 7/3/2011 86KB etc.,

In total 6 files with the new date, two with the old?

Sorry, not expecting Thalheimer tech support, just if you have a suggestion, I admit I was looking forward to the new banner.

(04-06-2012, 11:51 PM)Illithar link Wrote: Right, I now understand about the last update but also that your new SB banner design should be in your patch, of course.

I'm showing a mix banners_a.dds 6/4/2012 683kb etc and some still banners_default.dds 7/3/2011 86KB etc.,

In total 6 files with the new date, two with the old?

Sorry, not expecting Thalheimer tech support, just if you have a suggestion, I admit I was looking forward to the new banner.

The only changed files should be banners_a.dds,  banners_b.dds, banners_c.dds, banners_d.dds, banners_e.dds, and banners_g.dds. No other banner files should change. For some reason, "f" isn't used. The "F" for the houses is really the "G" file. If you copy the files over from my zip into the NI Textures (not the warband textures mind you), it should show up.

Short answer, yes, only 6 files should change at the moment.

Also, to answer your other questions, the banner textures are only updated when a patch is released. So everytime people make banner changes, they have to wait until the next NI patch for them to appear. I want people to see the new banner as well, so that's why I created the banner update pack -- so people could update banners before the next patch comes out.

Thanks Galen for both taking the time to answer and the work you are doing on the mod.

When I get a chance I'll work on seeing what might be wrong my end and with what you explained that'll be much easier to do.

Cheers! Illithar
Finally,

You were of course correct, I'd installed your patch to the wrong texture file, double doh!

Totally my fault. My Nordinvasion file is a bit of a mess, I seem to have more than 1, but as long as it all keeps working.

Thanks again Galen, you are so thorough I knew it had to be something I was doing incorrectly.