Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Does it sound like a good idea ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah
88.46%
23 88.46%
Nah
3.85%
1 3.85%
Yes, but ... (leave comment)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Storyline (Full castle defense !)
I've been playing for a while and after consulting players who have stopped playing, I tend to feel the same way than them; the game gets sometimes very repetitive and there's no feeling of continuity or any background stories for the maps.

Don't get me wrong, I don't bring complains, but a solution ! This is what I suggest :

Storylines !

But Sphinx, what the hell are you talking about ?

I'm talking about linking maps together with a story (maybe hard to do with the maps we currently have but...) and play them in order. With the cav removed from the mod, it is much easier to make more complex maps with staircases and, wait for it..., wall defense ! So this is my idea of my first story line :

So you spawn on the wall , bots are coming from outside the keep/castle and you defend that wall as best as you can. The map ends after X time (when defeated after the map time limit, just as like now), and the next map in the rotation is now down the wall (new area). Bots took control of the wall and now spawn from the wall and you defend the gate of the castle/keep, and then when the map ends, boom you're inside now! You're defending the entrance of the castle or maybe like 2-3 big rooms (to be determined), then when the map ends, now you're in the throne room, last point of defense...

With those storylines that I can work on, we'll create more epic moments, kill that boredom of camping the same spot all the time and will finally have some background stories to maps. It will create continuity in the game, like when you're doing a map, you feel like it's going somewhere when it ends, not just going from a beach to a mountain pass. All that is required for this "project" of mine is to make sure the maps are in order in the map rotation, no extra coding required ! We could have 1 server for storyline maps where you can vote for the storyline you wanna play (not just the 2nd map of the 2nd story, that way people will stop playing the same map over and over(where boredom is created)) and start at the beginning and we can also have other servers with random maps just like how it is at the moment.

What do you guys think about it ? Be nice please Tongue

heck yeah man! i think this is bound to go far, it will also help the game be more fufilling and less repetative. (yes i cannot spell)

nice job Sphinx
"I am most comfortable dealing death from the shadows"
I think it is a pretty good idea.  We also have maps already that can be used for this storyline.  An example I can think of is we start on Beach where they landed.  Then the next map would be on the map Mountain Pass where we try to use the tight terrain to defend against the nord.  Then they push us back into Mountain Outpost where we try to defend that.  Then they passed through our mountains closer to the heart of Swadian land into Swadian Outskirts.  Then even closer to Swadian Village, then Swadian Town, then Swadian Castle?  I think the maps we currently have can be put into great use in terms of chronological order so it might not be that hard to do?  Maybe a tweak in map layouts.
I like this. It reminds me the way the L4D game is played - you have to complete the map to get to the next area. You then spawn in that area and continue with your mission to the next objective. In here it would be a case of defending different areas and then we eventually will die or run out of time, so we move onto the next area.

It will take some thinking and planning but overtime we can make this into a proper storyline.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
The main idea though would be to create a new story. Now that the cav retarded AI isn't in the way anymore, we can make a proper Nord Invasion. Nords coming to kick our ass and keep pushing us back , starting from the castle wall, to last possible stand. The maps we have already are great, but we need something new, something we couldn't do before (staircases, ramps, heck a siege tower !) Sky is the limit Tongue
I like this...no...I LOVE this idea. this would  be great if it was ever added. easy and practical and adds to the gameplay. what more could you ask for?
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
i totally say this is awesome and i want it 1000%! to happen!
+1!
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
At first I thought that there was one, with all the different maps and such. This is a cool idea!!!
Start the game already!
i also tough about it but thought it was rather imposable to do but if i may parhaps i could add something:

tr. tc. w. ow. p. (a). ow. w.tc. c. tr
    <-- swadian  nord

tr = throne room
tc = town centre
w = wall
ow = outside the walls
p = plains
a = ambush (  not always but a chance to be ambushed)

i hope it helps!
the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text